Jackson County Visits Gordonsville

croz6110

yes i agree, they came out in the third out for blood. if they could play football in the first half they would very tough. playing only two quarters against watertown will be dad news. need to find ways to put a whole game together. then and only then will there be noise made in the playoffs.

They haven't played a full four quarter game all year, and that's what it's going to have to take to do anything in the playoffs.

come on GHS , time to roll. too much talent not to thump the rest of the teams you have to play here on out. if you cant leave it all out there on the field, you will have regrets the rest of your life. man up, tiger pride at stake here. if the boys play to their fullest no one could touch them. i have faith in them because i know they can. go out there and get it done. back in the 80's i helped build up the program now it is time to carry it on.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok first let me say that the better team won the game. Gordonsville made the plays in the second half pulled away at the end but the game was not decided until some late mistakes by JC that Gville capitalized on and made JC pay with touchdowns. So congrats on your victory. Now that that is out of the way let me start by saying that I thought it was classless on the part of the players and the coaching staff to not only cheer when one of JC's players was injured they stood over him and taunted this young man oh and no flag was thrown by the way. They never at anytime took a knee to show good sportsmanship which is a direct reflection on them and their coaches. I am sure that the Gville faithfull will get on here and lie and say it didn't happen but it did and I certainly hope the players from JC circle next years game when Gville has to come to Gainesboro. The coaches from Gville were passing with a minute and half to go in the game when all they had to do was take a knee and the game would have ended but they decided to run the score up to make them look better. We got beat by FCS TC and Gville. All were better teams but only 2 of the 3 are class programs. From this day forward I will always be for whomever is playing this bunch of clowns and I can't wait till we get them on the basketball court. I hope Flynn burys them by 50! I do agree that the refs were horrible on both sides. The intentional grounding on JC got it all started and it went downhill from there.

Now that that is out of the way let me start by saying that I thought it was classless on the part of the players and the coaching staff to not only cheer when one of JC's players was injured they stood over him and taunted this young man oh and no flag was thrown by the way. They never at anytime took a knee to show good sportsmanship which is a direct reflection on them and their coaches. I am sure that the Gville faithfull will get on here and lie and say it didn't happen but it did and I certainly hope the players from JC circle next years game when Gville has to come to Gainesboro. The coaches from Gville were passing with a minute and half to go in the game when all they had to do was take a knee and the game would have ended but they decided to run the score up to make them look better. We got beat by FCS TC and Gville. All were better teams but only 2 of the 3 are class programs. From this day forward I will always be for whomever is playing this bunch of clowns and I can't wait till we get them on the basketball court. I hope Flynn burys them by 50! I do agree that the refs were horrible on both sides. The intentional grounding on JC got it all started and it went downhill from there.

You are so full of crap. No one was cheering that a player got hurt. Players, coaches, and fans were all reacting to a great hit following some terrible officiating. One of Gordonsville's captains was going up and down the sideline to make sure all of his players were taking a knee and removing their helmets and Gordonsville's trainer was the first person at the JC players side to see that he was OK.

Let's talk about classless. Are the JC coaches teaching their linemen to chopblock opponent's knees on almost every play? I don't know how many times Gordonsville's ends were clipped in the back of the legs last night by JCs receivers. To celebrate a good hit is one thing; to intentionally try to injure an opponent with a cheat shot is a whole different level of classlessness.

Ok first let me say that the better team won the game. Gordonsville made the plays in the second half pulled away at the end but the game was not decided until some late mistakes by JC that Gville capitalized on and made JC pay with touchdowns. So congrats on your victory. Now that that is out of the way let me start by saying that I thought it was classless on the part of the players and the coaching staff to not only cheer when one of JC's players was injured they stood over him and taunted this young man oh and no flag was thrown by the way. They never at anytime took a knee to show good sportsmanship which is a direct reflection on them and their coaches. I am sure that the Gville faithfull will get on here and lie and say it didn't happen but it did and I certainly hope the players from JC circle next years game when Gville has to come to Gainesboro. The coaches from Gville were passing with a minute and half to go in the game when all they had to do was take a knee and the game would have ended but they decided to run the score up to make them look better. We got beat by FCS TC and Gville. All were better teams but only 2 of the 3 are class programs. From this day forward I will always be for whomever is playing this bunch of clowns and I can't wait till we get them on the basketball court. I hope Flynn burys them by 50! I do agree that the refs were horrible on both sides. The intentional grounding on JC got it all started and it went downhill from there.

First of all, Gville made mistakes in the first half so JC could keep it close, and Gville began to pull away when they decided to play ball.

As Willoughby said, the crowd cheered because of a great hit, not because a player was hurt. You also need to remember that that hit followed a bogus pass interference penalty and a BS roughing the punter penalty. So, the crowd was roaring before the play and they got louder when the hit occurred. Jackson Co. got a bunch of breaks last night, ya'll played a great game, now get over it. The second half was 21-0 in favor of Gville. That was when they decided they'd start playing football.

As far as basketball, to me, it don't compare. If you want to talk about basketball, go to those boards. You won't even see me over there, because I don't care.

Enjoy the rest of the season and the early start to basketball.

someone needs a nappie poo :roll: we will be glad to give you more of the same next year :shock:

Wasn't there, didn't see it, but I'll say this. I know over one half of Gordonsville's Coaching staff, personally. I have know them many,many years. They have no idea who Termite is so what I say really don't matter to them. The G-ville coaches I know are a lot of things, but there is no way you can call them classless. They are a good bunch of guys who would not or will not put up with anything like you describe. I fell certain I can defend them, and wasn't even a witness.

Let me start by stating that no one in Gordonsville has more respect and affection for Jackson County athletics than me. That being said, I'm also sick to death of JC fans whining about the way the teams here at Gville act. If it's not claims of trash talking during games, unsavory behavior before and after the game, then it must have been the ref's fault cause we all know Jackson County is above reproach. Stuff happens during a game, things are said, done and afterward most kids let it go .. adults should do the same ... JCHS fans and players grow up .. my friend Karma might come calling again ... :shock:

gordonsville only did enough to lead at the half. in the second half jackson co. straight up got beat down. football is a rough sport not tap dancing . by the way the tigers got the worst end of the crap calls, the difference is it did not get us down. nobody enjoyed your kids getting hurt. dont be sore losers you really had no chance to win any way. you could play us 10 straight weeks and not win one. we will just have to settle up next time. sorry were having hard feelings because this has never been a bitter rivalry.

First of all Gordonsville won the game and deserved the victory, but it was a dogfight. It was close. Closer than most expected for longer than most expected after Jackson County lost their quarterback last week and in addition closed school for the flu bug until next Tuesday. Althought you won't hear excuses many of the football players were out of practice most all week. That could explain the second half differental in stamina.

On another topic both teams played hard and both made mistakes. From the opening kickoff when Jackson County's kick coverage broke down the mistakes were plenty. Of course you have to credit the Gordonsville return team for making a good return. That is the thing with mistakes the other team many times plays into it.

Later a poor snap on a punt attempt gave Gordonsville a safety which in essense was the difference in the first half score. But, then again, Gordonsville had an extra point and a field goal attempt blocked in the first half and you have to credit Jackson County for blocking those kicks.

The final score says Gordonsville won 36-14, the stats show Jackson County ran 72 plays to 40 for the Tigers and had 16 first downs to 8 for Gordonsville.

The bottom line is it was a very even game until the final few ticks when Gordonsville expanded a 22-14 lead.

That is not to discredit either team because they are very close to being mirror images of each other at this point.

The Tigers were better on this night but Jackson County showed that they will not lay down the rest of the season after losing their sensational sophomore quarterback. Kaleb Allen filled in extremely well and proved what many already knew he is a talented athlete. I also don't fault the players who celebrated the big hit that knocked Jackson County's freshman two-way starter Blake Bowman (#6) out of the game and resulted in a hospital visit. I thought Gordonsville's players celebrated the hit not the end result. It was a good game and there is no need to have bad blood between these two programs. It was a tough game yes, lots of penalties yes, but they were on both teams. Let's celebrate high school football in Tennessee and shake hands and move on to next week like the players from both team's will do.

Fair enough but it would have been fun from a Jackson County perspective to play the game with Jeret Goad who had completed almost 70% of his passes and threw for 10 touchdowns in the 3-games plus that he played. With him at QB it allows Kaleb Allen (#5) to move back to his natural position of receiver. In mirror imagine I mean there is not much difference in the team's talent wise, they do play different styles, I'll give you that.

Good luck to Gordonsville the rest of the way.