Jackson County Visits Gordonsville

croz6110

An hour to parade time and the sun is trying to shine .. COME ON SUN !!! Getting ready to head to Main Street and enjoy the first homecoming parade in several years here, hope it's just a sign of good things and changing times for Gordonsville .. the game is good, but the extra stuff adds so much to experiance of homecoming .. ;)

Good luck to the Tigers. Hope you don't get wet. Heard the melting process is very traumatic. :roflol:

The field seemed to be in outstanding condition despite the amount of rain, wonder what magic Moose and company conjured up???

Rain didn't start til late in game ..'sides .. we don't melt over here .. a little rain don't skeeeeeeer us .. :thumb:

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will say that Jackson Co. did come to play football, and like pasttiger said would happen, Gville came out flat. I will give Jackson Co. credit, I think Loftis has them headed in the right direction. If they could get some size so they can mix their offense up, they'l be very good.

Like last week though, the Tigers, IMO, looked lest than stellar. Oh, and I'll go ahead and get this out there, that was the ABSOLUTE WORST officiating I've ever seen. They called a roughing the punter penalty when the snap went between the punter's legs and 10 yards behind him. They called a defensive pass interference when it was obvious it should've been on offense. The receiver grabbed the defender by the waist trying to pull him down. They called a roughing the passer penalty that was crap as well, but they also had some bad call that went in Gordonsville's favor. The white hat didn't have a clue.

As for Gville's performance, the line had some trouble with the small quicker guys shooting gaps. Those quick guys got slowed down when Gville mixed up their snap count. Now, I may be wrong but it didn't look like they started mixing up the snap count til the 4th quarter.

There was some coaching decisions in the game that I didn't understand, but I'm not the coach.

But, personally, I was hoping Moose would put the smack down on a couple of those refs. Horrible.

But, Gville did come out with a win. We have Red Boiling next week, who lost again, but I know they'll play us hard.

Go Big Blue!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

An hour to parade time and the sun is trying to shine .. COME ON SUN !!! Getting ready to head to Main Street and enjoy the first homecoming parade in several years here, hope it's just a sign of good things and changing times for Gordonsville .. the game is good, but the extra stuff adds so much to experiance of homecoming .. :thumb:

Good luck to the Tigers. Hope you don't get wet. Heard the melting process is very traumatic. :thumb:

The field seemed to be in outstanding condition despite the amount of rain, wonder what magic Moose and company conjured up???

Rain didn't start til late in game ..'sides .. we don't melt over here .. a little rain don't skeeeeeeer

us .. :D

BluBellz...........I know what the magic was! Cheesecake worked on it saving that wheel tax money. :lol:

I could say something about melting....floating.... but I'll be nice. :D

Congrats to the Big Blue. I feel like they will go on a nice run now. The first 3 games are long forgotten and will pay off in the long run.

One thing I'd like to say.

I do like how the team responded to the bullcrap penalties.

Especially after the pass interference when Shaun Webster laid the biggest hit from a Gville player all year.

If they guys would play with intensity every play, we'd be in good shape.

I also want to say that I was standing on the fence where the 79 football was at while the bands were playing, and it was neat to get to listen to some of their stories.

Well said croz !! My hats off to jackson county, this is a much better football team than usual. You guys are headed in the right direction.As for the game they played us tough and it took a couple of horrendous calls by that goof troop of refs we had to wake up not only the team, but the crowd as well. Sometimes a bad call can be a good thing :lol: It sure fired #12 up WOW he laid that guy out and the tide turned at that moment, and it was all tigers after that. Still lots of room to improve but i saw some good things tonight. We need to come out every game like they did against carthage earlier in the year, man they were fired up that night. The field looked great also, who needs helicopters :thumb: WAY TO GO BIG BLUE

Well said croz !! My hats off to jackson county, this is a much better football team than usual. You guys are headed in the right direction.As for the game they played us tough and it took a couple of horrendous calls by that goof troop of refs we had to wake up not only the team, but the crowd as well. Sometimes a bad call can be a good thing :( It sure fired #12 up WOW he laid that guy out and the tide turned at that moment, and it was all tigers after that. Still lots of room to improve but i saw some good things tonight. We need to come out every game like they did against carthage earlier in the year, man they were fired up that night. The field looked great also, who needs helicopters :thumb: WAY TO GO BIG BLUE

Webster has been more consistant giving hits this year than anybody.

yes i agree, they came out in the third out for blood. if they could play football in the first half they would very tough. playing only two quarters against watertown will be dad news. need to find ways to put a whole game together. then and only then will there be noise made in the playoffs.

They haven't played a full four quarter game all year, and that's what it's going to have to take to do anything in the playoffs.