Best Overall Program

magicmom

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not close to the Fulton program so I don't know where those guys live. I was simply stating that Fulton has been good for a pretty long time and I don't recall a bunch of D-1 guys coming out of that school. There is not a bunch out of Knoxville period when you think back over a period of time. Maryville won it a couple of years ago without a single D-1 guy. I think some of the good programs in this area do it because of pretty good coaching. I think the previous poster was trying to say that Fulton has been pretty successful for a long time with average to above average players. Like I said the programs here in West Knoxville and in Oak Ridge have more talent year in and out and not nearly the success.

Looks like we're actually on the same page. I mistakenly made the assumption that you were a FHS guy defending Jody.

Not close to the Fulton program so I don't know where those guys live. I was simply stating that Fulton has been good for a pretty long time and I don't recall a bunch of D-1 guys coming out of that school. There is not a bunch out of Knoxville period when you think back over a period of time. Maryville won it a couple of years ago without a single D-1 guy. I think some of the good programs in this area do it because of pretty good coaching. I think the previous poster was trying to say that Fulton has been pretty successful for a long time with average to above average players. Like I said the programs here in West Knoxville and in Oak Ridge have more talent year in and out and not nearly the success.

Jay Reynolds is playing D1 at Presbyterian College.

Jay Reynolds is playing D1 at Presbyterian College.

Any team that had the nickname of the BLUE HOSE can't be considered a true D-1 school :lol:

Jealous, I hardly doubt it my friend. Jalen Steele's dad is my sons AAU coach. I was making a joke hence the lol, (now that I think about it probably was in bad taste on my part, so if I offended you, I apologize). The point I was making is Fulton has a great program with great skilled players and athletes, they are not your average players, they do work hard, especially on defense. I have the utmost respect for Coach Wright and his program. I do agree with you, most of the coaches in this area (Coach Eldridge, Hutchens, Dodgens, Wallace, etc.) get the most out of their players. As far as pure talent, Bearden, A-E, and Oak Ridge year in and year out have more talent, and winning a championship is not easy, especially with the basketball factories out in West Tennessee and the Memphis area, if you are basing the word success solely on that.

Jody Wright has the best all around basketball program in East Tennessee if not in the State. He has proven this time and time again by taken very less atheltic teams to state and coming back with Gold Balls!!! Coach Wright takes average players and turns them into great ones!!!

The last thing Fulton has is average players, hand selected yes (lol), average far from it.

Last two gold balls were won with 3 D-1 signees to date, yup average players.

Could you please define what constitutes a good or great player. I'm pretty impressed with what you consider average. My standards must be low. :thumb:

Thats the first D1 players in a long time!! But I promise you this if any of those players would have went anywhere but Fulton they wouldnt be D1 material. Every year they go to state they are out matched in height,size,and atheltic ability and still seem to come up with Gold Balls I can thats great coaching!! Now AE for example those are some of the most atheltic kids I have seen in a long time and after high school where are they???? Its sad becuase they have so much potential and no coaching!!