Huntindon @ Camden

mustangs5305

I also had a little chuckle over Camden's offense being described as a "finesse" offense. I"ve always thought of it as a "line up and run it down your throat" kinda offense, but maybe that's just me. :popcorneater:

Hope the rain lets up...hate to see the teams play in the mud, too many injuries happen. Standing room only I bet if the weather cooperates...should be a good'un for sure. Go LIONS!

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Camden fans... I apologize for the Mustang zealots bragging. Most knowledgeable Mustang fans know what we're up against this Friday. Seems like Kevin Ward has the Lions headed in the right direction. I look for a tight high scoring game but I've but I've been wrong before. Tell Mr. Kee to save me a chair in the endzone... :popcorneater:

No problem man. the mustang faithful are excited! And they should be! Its a good team down there in Carroll County. Ought to be a great game! Unfortunately, I just found out that I can't go so I'll be in Murray listening to the internet feed.

The Mustangs had 300+ yards rushing on Milan. They had 405 yards rushing on Union City. They will have their yards this week also. I hope the players for Huntingdon Realize how fortunate they are to have their head coach. They should believe in him because HE believes in what he does and his OFFENSE! He doesn't care if Camden has all their defensive players in the same hole as the hole he wants to run in. He would take it as a personal challenge to still gain yards in that hole. Mustangs, have faith in your Head Coach and special things will happen to you!!!

The Mustangs had 300+ yards rushing on Milan. They had 405 yards rushing on Union City. They will have their yards this week also. I hope the players for Huntingdon Realize how fortunate they are to have their head coach. They should believe in him because HE believes in what he does and his OFFENSE! He doesn't care if Camden has all their defensive players in the same hole as the hole he wants to run in. He would take it as a personal challenge to still gain yards in that hole. Mustangs, have faith in your Head Coach and special things will happen to you!!!

Amen!! I strongly agree!

I'm just a mustang fan who's mostly been lurking on this board for a while. But I felt the need to reply to the constant talk of offense. Eventually Huntingdon will meet a really good defense, maybe even this Friday night. Let's face it. Our offensive strategy isn't hard to figure out. I'm taking nothing away from Holder. He's a very good back, but he can't be our whole offense. Supposedly a defensive starter has been taken off defense so he can be fresher for offense. Attention must be paid to the defense by not only the defensive coordinator but the head coach as well. It's troublesome when I read and hear so much negativity toward the defense. The kids that play on that side of the ball are giving it their best with mostly no credit. West Carroll scored a total of 8 points, yet the comments I've read here made it sound like our defense was a failure that night. Keep in mind these young men are still "students" of the game and must be taught. Would just like to see some more "teaching" going on.

I'm just a mustang fan who's mostly been lurking on this board for a while. But I felt the need to reply to the constant talk of offense. Eventually Huntingdon will meet a really good defense, maybe even this Friday night. Let's face it. Our offensive strategy isn't hard to figure out. I'm taking nothing away from Holder. He's a very good back, but he can't be our whole offense. Supposedly a defensive starter has been taken off defense so he can be fresher for offense. Attention must be paid to the defense by not only the defensive coordinator but the head coach as well. It's troublesome when I read and hear so much negativity toward the defense. The kids that play on that side of the ball are giving it their best with mostly no credit. West Carroll scored a total of 8 points, yet the comments I've read here made it sound like our defense was a failure that night. Keep in mind these young men are still "students" of the game and must be taught. Would just like to see some more "teaching" going on.

Milan was a great defense as well as union city. The thing about Holder is its one thing to key on him but another to catch him. and if just in case camden does stop him which they may very may will, he is not the omly offensive threat.. thompson is good as well may not be as good as holder but he is still a very good back/reciever...Bam is also a great athlete. we are predictable but thats the mindset Swenson has.. you know whats comin now try to stop it.. u gotta admire that. Either way Goodluck Lions but even more goodluck to the MUSTANGS :D

here is the thing about football. i don't care if you are a swenson fan or a ward fan. its not about how predictable you are, its about how effective you are. example given. bruceton in the 90's thru say 2002. i gurantee the first play called was I formation 46 power and the second was I formation 45 power. and it worked... regardless of your feelings about huntingdon, they have been effective. the offense has put points on the board.camden wont stop that.the lions are newcomers to this. they don't know what it takes to establish a winning tradition. kinda like the tampa bay devil rays.. a fluke ... go stangs

Both teams have exceptional offenses. Both have different offensive philosophies. The difference is going to be the defenses. On paper Camden appears to be far superior but Huntingdon has played stiffer competition. Head to head Camden give up fewer points to Westview than Huntingdon but Huntingdon scored more on Westview. This games going to be a doosie. But I did hear H-town may be without some starters due to sickness? Any truth

I dont think Camdens success has been a fluke lately. Ward came in and changed the program for the better and evryone knows that. Camden has worked hard on getting to where they are now as compared to last decade and i hope they continue on with there success the game with huntingdon has turned into a friendly rivarly and there is plenty of respect from both teams to each other as well as coaches to coaches. Camdens defense will try there best to stop Huntingdons "unstoppable offense" and Huntingdons offense will try there best to penetrate camdens "stiff defense". Its gonna be a slobber kknocker and I cant wait to see it.