Huntindon @ Camden

mustangs5305

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Advisor.. Please don't let some young poster get to you. Huntingdon is proud of our past record in football and for you to say that many schools aren't as old as Huntingdon is poor. What about Camden, McKenzie, Lexington, Milan, Humboldt, Union City, Dresden, Bolivar, Waverly. Greenfield, Gleason, Northside, Southside, Hardin County, Trenton. Need more.. I got em...

In 1930 we played Milan, Lexington, McKenzie, McEwen, Gleason, Trenton and Bruceton.. they're still playing too. We've got a player on this year's squad whose great grandfather played for Huntingdon on the 1915 team..

We're proud of our past but we're only as good as our next game.

Yeah, I'm a "homer". Why wouldn't wouldn't I be? Aren't you proud of your school? Just curious but who do you pull for?

Why would you make the statement that " most all Carroll County wants to live in the history of year's gone by"? What's up with that? Heck man, Camden was good last year and they kicked our butts. We can take it. Again don't let em get to you..

We know we're in for a tough game so come on over to Camden and we'll save you a seat with the "Pigskin Pals".. We're a group of fans that enjoy watching the Mustangs play and you'd be more than welcome. Honest..

Just don't get me mixed up with someone who doesn't know what they are posting about. Please..

Thanks....

.and I can assure you that they are better than 9 of the 10 teams in 1A poll and 7 of the 10 teams in the 2A

Redpwr, you sure this statement is a fact. If you lose to Huntington does this mean Camden can beat the rest of the teams in 1A. There is one team here in East TENN that would love to take that bet.

Advisor.. Please don't let some young poster get to you. Huntingdon is proud of our past record in football and for you to say that many schools aren't as old as Huntingdon is poor. What about Camden, McKenzie, Lexington, Milan, Humboldt, Union City, Dresden, Bolivar, Waverly. Greenfield, Gleason, Northside, Southside, Hardin County, Trenton. Need more.. I got em...

In 1930 we played Milan, Lexington, McKenzie, McEwen, Gleason, Trenton and Bruceton.. they're still playing too. We've got a player on this year's squad whose great grandfather played for Huntingdon on the 1915 team..

Yeah, I'm a "homer". Why wouldn't wouldn't I be? Aren't you proud of your school? Just curious but who do you pull for?

Why would you make the statement that " most all Carroll County wants to live in the history of year's gone by"? What's up with that? Heck man, Camden was good last year and they kicked our butts. We can take it. Again don't let em get to you..

We know we're in for a tough game so come on over to Camden and we'll save you a seat with the "Pigskin Pals".. We're a group of fans that enjoy watching the Mustangs play and you'd be more than welcome. Honest..

Just don't get me mixed up with someone who doesn't know what they are posting about. Please..

Thanks....

Hey hey hey! Come on over to Benton County tonight! Come early and on your way up 641 drive right by the entrance to the school and take your pigskin pals just a bit further up north to the fine taste selection of Raphael's! Go grab a pizza, a big plate of lasagna or a fantastic steak if that's what tickles your fancy! If you're not in the mood for italian, go next door to the Ohana Grill and get a big sandwich or a tasty hot sub!

Fill your belly up on some great food and then go watch what should be a great game!

Welcome all of you from Carroll County! Hope you have a great time in Camden! Just not a good enough time that you win! GO LIONS!

RCombs.. I've heard about that place but I can never make myself go to somewhere else other than the Country and Western. When I go there I see lots of good folks from Carroll County and the fish is always good.

RedGrange.. not apologizing to Advisor. Just saying I know what I'm talking about when it comes to Mustang football. Now I can't speak for anyone else or defend what some say but I try to be correct and give some insight to this board. (Even though I have been known to go off on a rant or two).

Looks to be a wet track but I think all the Mustangs are ready even though some are "under the weather". I wish it were dry but that's what football is all about.

Someone save me and "Tiny" 3 seats... :thumb:

Thanks....

Mr. Stang....again you follow up with a "quality" and "clutch" post!! Many of the things you say are true.....no matter you're school...most of us are ALL proud of our team's heritage...(unless you are from Red Boiling Springs) it is important...those of us who are boosters always want the next team to have it better than we did...whether is with facilities or success on the field. As important as "Heritage" is...it's only something to be discussed in the offseason..at the local baitshops, church outings, or hunting trips!

The idea that this will in anyway impact the outcome of tonite's game is hilarious and your comrad SweetDKDaddy obviously has no clue or any information regarding Coach Ward and the Camden Lions. He who is the most physical and turns the ball over the least tonite...will likely be your winner! It could be either team!

Mr. Stang...i appreciate your offer and would love to come to Camden tonite...however...i am obligated to attend another game that will certainly not be as exciting as the Lions vs. the Mustangs. You might find this hard to believe...i often pull for your beloved Stangs...i have more friends over there than I can count...but I also sometimes pull for the Rebels (rarely)..(their fans are easier to jab in the ribs than Huntingdon fans)...the Lions.....JCS Eagles..Humboldt's Vikings...to name just a few!

I saw the recommendation on Rapheal's for fans to enjoy pregame meal! That one is hard to argue...their salads and breadsticks are world class! Might the Advisor also recommend Goodwings...also on Hwy 641 for the more traditional tailgate party style cuisine! It is very good poultry!!

Good Luck to both squads tonight....it should be one for the ages!!!

Been a boring year so far on CoachT for the me until now (except for some friendly ribbing from McKenzie fans (sorry I missed it Butchie)....this is the way it should be between the Lions and the Stangs. I've missed it the past few years :thumb:

Good Luck to both teams, spend your money and get a full belly in Benton Co and watch a great game between two great programs. Can't ask for much more than that :thumb: Go LIONS!