Huntindon @ Camden

mustangs5305

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bulldog #2 brings up a question. How many of Camden's players go both ways on offense and defense? Or are they more platoon squads?

All play both ways but have several subs that rotate in and out....conditioning will not be a problem for the Lions. I know everyone says speed kills, but Camden has ALOT speed on it's side too this season...should make for a barnburner for sure.

"Just look at all the head to head matchups going back to when Swenson was at Hickman County."

may i ask what you are talking about riverrat106?

Camden and Hickman County didn't play each other when Swenson was head coach there last time i checked. you might wanna get some facts straight OR clarify what you're talkin about before you post somethin like that buddy :thumb:

Camden will not stop the Huntingdon offense. Holder and Thompson will run on Camden. But, a question I have....can Camden pass the ball? If Camden can pass good, then they will also score a lot on Huntingdon. Huntingdon's DB's are the weakest length. A team with a good passing attack will give Huntingdon fits.

What about Camden's passing attack?

Camden will not stop the Huntingdon offense. Holder and Thompson will run on Camden. But, a question I have....can Camden pass the ball? If Camden can pass good, then they will also score a lot on Huntingdon. Huntingdon's DB's are the weakest length. A team with a good passing attack will give Huntingdon fits.

What about Camden's passing attack?

From what I have heard he had a good game a couple of weeks ago against Westview. He has 227 total yards this season with 188 coming from that one game. And yes your right Huntingdon's DB's are there weakest length. Gonna have to step it up this week..... :thumb:

I have saw both of these teams play and are both Great teams... i watched the mustangs play westview and Holder was unbelievable, if someone stops him all year hats-off to you, and we played the lions the next day and lost by 2. Camden has size speed and looked to be coached up well, im not sure who is gonna win but it will sure be a good one im sure, i would love to watch it but the rebels will have hands full humboldt vikings

Camden wins by two TDs. Camden's Defense is much better than Huntingdon's. Their offenses are about the same. Ward is better than Swenson. Just look at all the head to head matchups going back to when Swenson was at Hickman County. Ward and the Lions prevails and hands the Mustangs their 2nd of 4 losses they will experience this season. (3rd McKenzie and likely 4th South Pittsburg) Kudos on the best schedule in 1a though.

thats a pretty bold statement saying camdens offense was better than huntingdons. i agree ur defense may be better but offensively.. no comparison.. Ward may be better then swenson but thats ur opinion.. and if that is the case it is simply due to more experience. he been coaching as a head coach couple more years than swenson. Holder breaks 1,000 this year in this game and i see him wit bout 160 this friday at the least. All respect and luck wished to u at camden. but the lions get put to sleep friday.

Last time I checked Ward and Swenson do not play a snap in the game. We love how everybody keeps over looking and doubting us! Speed kills! See u friday night!

hey you cant blame camden for being a little arrogant. this is a rather new feeling to them. winning i mean. well i mean they have some winning legacies. just not in football. but this aint girls softball we will be playin friday nite. so look for camden to take this one on the chin. go stangs

A new feeling for Camden? Are you kidding? Have you been under a rock for the past three seasons? Huntingdon is a little bump on the road to State, get over yourself. Camden has the speed, the skill, the passing game, the defense and the determination. This Lions team will give you all you want and more. See you friday night. :blink:

and when was the last time Camden went to state? have they ever? i would love to know the answer to that question.

i wouldn't underestimate the Mustangs. we will come prepared. see you friday night as well :D

Go Mustangs!

As this game draws closer...the chatter seems to be on the increase backed by more emotion and biase than actual facts. Yes..this game will be the most closely contested this weekend ...but i think there are some real concerns in both camps! The Mustangs obviously have a game changer at running back...we all know that...but..the real key is on the opposite side of the ball. Huntingdon has given up twice the points that Camden has in 4 games this season...yes..I realize both teams have played 5 games..but come on...are we really counting Bruceton?? Huntingdon has allowed 108 points to Camden's 49. While Swenson coached teams are fun to watch on offense...Kevin Ward coached teams are tough and physical! I can't promise that Camden can match the speed of the Mustangs ...but Huntingdon will wear down physically from the pounding Camden will administor up front on both sides. Many West Tennesseans are extremely proud that Huntingdon is back on the rise...West TN football is just better when the Stangs are better...however..those who think these are the '03, '04, or '05 Mustangs are sadly mistaken.

On another note..games such as this are so important at this point of the season as to gauge where each team stands as far as quality competition is concerned. How do you respond when your team is backed in a corner? Who can you count on in key situations? Neither team will face competition like this with the exception of 1 district game as the season winds down....Huntingdon goes to McKenzie...and Camden hosts Creekwood. Good Luck to both...I would love to see this one...i can't guarantee a score...but I can guarantee it will be much more exciting than the massacre I will be watching in C'ville!

Well, I'll say this, Camden may not be as 'used' to this as the Mustangs past, but the Lions aren't the ones seeking any motivation for this game. Yeah, we all remember the beatings Huntingdon put on us in the past. But we remember the wins from the last three years. You can't just say "You're Camden, we're Huntingdon. We win" anymore. Your mystique is gone. C'ya in the Lions' den.

Camden by 7.