Dobyns Bennett vs Sullivan South

BatmanDB

If we were members of a real Indian Tribe back in the day.One thing would have to happen from knowing this.Had GC really said that and we were making war plans the way this was writen.The information would be considered treason to our tribe.One of our braves and his family would be tied across ant hills.You might say that it wasn't like that and no one was trying to hurt the tribe.The chief would say that the ants are just doing what I'm doing,protecting their own.

Any play that is not Sensabaugh up the middle is considered a 'trick play" by Indian fans these days. :roflol: What your going to see is more of the same from Clark, and then after the game he's going to say he didn't do a very good job of coaching. The film he's been watching is the 13th episode of Mayberry. Don't worry about your corrners because our QB can't hit the receivers. Everybody knows the deal. South wins Big in this one.

• Replies 556
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a feeling this game hinges on whether or not DB can pass the ball to loosen up the defense. I think Coach Clark is going to come out passing the ball and then mix in the running game. South has unfortunately showed signs of weakness in the secondary, whether it is athletisism or just not being mentally prepared (Central). Next South just has to come out and execute their offense. Lot's of things to contemplate going into this game. One thing for sure I know Coach Carter will have the guys ready to play. Go Rebs!!

That's part of it.I think DB has to have long drives and let the defense rest more.South's offense is just great,and very few will score as quick and often as they do.We ran the ball well against Boone,but mistakes cost us more than just a few yards at just really bad times.What we need is some of Boone's good luck.The way it's been so far,you could bet Peyton Manning would have some kin move into the Volunteer school zone and make them the best team in the state for the last game.We have some fine athletes and the future is bright for DB,but some good luck right now would be nice!!

Any play that is not Sensabaugh up the middle is considered a 'trick play" by Indian fans these days. :roflol: What your going to see is more of the same from Clark, and then after the game he's going to say he didn't do a very good job of coaching. The film he's been watching is the 13th episode of Mayberry. Don't worry about your corrners because our QB can't hit the receivers. Everybody knows the deal. South wins Big in this one.

Well, highly intuitive there WaCo. The 13th episode, as you obviously know, is all about the big city boys coming to Mayberry. Hollywood producers (DB) come to Mayberry (South) and the Mayberry residents are so smitten they practically lose their minds. They are ready to all but tear down Mayberry to please the big city boys. But in the end they come to their senses, realize that what they have is pretty OK after all and all is well.

I am very impressed.

South 27

DB 14

Still sticking with it...going to be a close game all the way. Don't know who I pick to win on this one though, but since I am routing for Boone to win the conference....I guess DB needs to win this game from a Gray point of view. 2 good teams, one is up the other is down....doesn't matter it is a rivalry game.

FormerBlazer did you by chance go to one or maybe both of the games with DB or South. I would love to hear your impartial take on this game…. strengths and weaknesses that you recall from both teams.

Me personally… I think Boone is the wild card. Especially in the post season for South and THS... and maybe even for the Conference. Everybody is so rapped up with DB, South, THS, and Science Hill that they forget that Boone not only beat DB and is ahead of them and Science Hill, but they gave South all they could handle. I for one (as a Viking fan) am more concerned about that game than the South game. We know what to expect from South and will be prepared … but Boone is a new monster in it’s own. Don’t say I didn’t warn ya.

This thread gets better every second. We have waco using reverse psychology, GC talking about history, the DB hardliners talking usual smack, rebels talking too much about plays/players, and Cap trying to make this about THS.

Let's clear some things up:

Gate City: There was a day when you could play with the good Tennessee programs...that's not today! You have great tradition over there and we wish you the best.

Boone: They are solid, no doubt. However, we fumbled 7 times and threw 1 int. We played like crap and still won. We certainly don't want to face them in the 1st round of the playoffs, but I believe we'll be OK if we do.

THS: You are rolling right now. Your big games are ahead of you, so we'll see how that plays out. I expect South vs THS on 10/30/09 at Death Valley to decide the conf champs.

To the game at hand...DB vs South. If South plays a complete game, DB gets beat handily. If South plays like they did against Boone, DB wins. I expect somewhere in between...South 21-14.

This thread gets better every second. We have waco using reverse psychology, GC talking about history, the DB hardliners talking usual smack, rebels talking too much about plays/players, and Cap trying to make this about THS.

Gate City: There was a day when you could play with the good Tennessee programs...that's not today! You have great tradition over there and we wish you the best.

Boone: They are solid, no doubt. However, we fumbled 7 times and threw 1 int. We played like crap and still won. We certainly don't want to face them in the 1st round of the playoffs, but I believe we'll be OK if we do.

THS: You are rolling right now. Your big games are ahead of you, so we'll see how that plays out. I expect South vs THS on 10/30/09 at Death Valley to decide the conf champs.

To the game at hand...DB vs South. If South plays a complete game, DB gets beat handily. If South plays like they did against Boone, DB wins. I expect somewhere in between...South 21-14.

Good post 2 Rebels. South should be coming into this game a 2 td favorite.But because it is DB, they are playing, they have a tendency to choke.DB will be up for the game.But when the Eastmanite Dust

clears,all that will be left on the field, will be coach GC saying Andy,maybe we should have run Sensabaugh up the middle a few more times. :hungry: South 20 DB 13

After doin some heavy scoutin, GC will have to do some of his best coachin this Friday. He might just have to use his alter ego and go against the grain....meaning unleash the stealth on em..turn the kid loose GC..... the competition is stale where he's playin.What's he average now 4tds a game? This season is teatering on destruction, pull out the stops and let him play (faithful D-Bers know who im talkin about) that would give us the speed and corner turning ability, and give CS a better shot at hitting the center... those two in the same backfield would be a totally different and exciting look....very UNPREDICTABLE.

We know what we're facing... a very good, complete team waitin on the same 'ole same 'ole. You gotta give em something else to think about other than a swing pass for 2 yrds and CS off tackle. Its a funny thing, when Oakridge needed some help, they got it.. they didnt hesitate running a 15yr old named Corey Booker, and it payed off....FOR THE NEXT 4 YEARS!!...I dont see why we wont do the same.

Not that its gonna matter, its just my opinion, but the faithful that made the trip down to play Oakland a few yrs back all agree that if we had started a certain ''kid'' that night, we would have gone on to the next round...but alas, we went with the same 'ole stubborn thing in the 2nd half, and never played the next week. :bored: DONT WORRY ABOUT STEPPING ON QB CLUB TOES, THE OBJECT IS TO WIN THE NEXT GAME....crap im going to bed. :roflol:

Good post 2Reb. :roflol::bored: