Franklin Rebels at Fern Creek, KY

wilcofootball

So, 5 games in and the rebels are still struggling. I will take some time now to address some issues that some may have questions about. First off, let's discuss the schedule. Let me inform you why the rebels are playing in Kentucky again this week. When the time came for schedules to be made for this season, clayton figured he had better things to do. So while other coaches immediately got to work planning their seasons, clayton was busy playing golf (or other such activities). That is how the rebels got stuck playing 2 games in Kentucky this year. Moving onward, and somewhat unrelated, Rebbacker, you mentioned your son was in the Army now. How is he doing and is he still in basic? On to this week. Again, I don't know anything about Fern Creek, but based on how Christian County played this should be an easy game for the rebels. For those who ask "why are they playing in Kentucky?", see above. So now we are at week 5. Rebels have shown little (if any) improvement, regardless of what some people, *cough longhorns cough* say. It seems that some people think that completing one good pass against a 1-3 team automatically means the passing game is on par. Longhorns, I will take this sentence to personally ask you why you are so hellbent on backing a poor excuse for a QB when there are other considerably better players to take his place. And no, don't start the accusations of me being a father/brother/relative of any player. I am simply a football fan and express my opinions as such. The rebels are looking at 2 relatively weak teams over the next 2 weeks, and I venture to guess that after each game we will hear "rebels dominated this week completing 3 TD passes" and so on and so forth. It has been stated that the only interception in the Hillsboro game was caused by a bad coaching call that placed the QB in a position to throw an interception. I may not be an expert on coaching, but it would seem to me that throwing the ball away would be a better idea than throwing to a player on the other team. It seems that the coaching/play calling for the rebels is consistantly bad this year, and if I were the rebel coaches I would think long and hard about the coach in the press box suggesting plays. This week we can all look forward to another "great offensive showing" from the rebels as they play yet another Kentucky team.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On to this week. Again, I don't know anything about Fern Creek, but based on how Christian County played this should be an easy game for the rebels.

You think you are so smart...Before you post your idiotic comments, get your facts straight. Fern Creek is ranked 5th in the state of Kentucky! This will be a good game for the Rebels to prepare for the rest of the season. Let's show some support for this TEAM!

On to this week. Again, I don't know anything about Fern Creek, but based on how Christian County played this should be an easy game for the rebels.

You think you are so smart...Before you post your idiotic comments, get your facts straight. Fern Creek is ranked 5th in the state of Kentucky! This will be a good game for the Rebels to prepare for the rest of the season. Let's show some support for this TEAM!

"In the state of Kentucky" is your fallacy there.

Fern Creek would be a top 10 team here in Tennessee as well as Kentucky. Wilcofootball, if you knew anything about football, which after reading your posts for the past 5 weeks, I know is non existent. I think you have some deep rooted issues from your playing days. Maybe not giving it your all so you could crack the starting lineup, maybe getting beat out by an underclassmen your senior year cause you couldn't cut it, or it is probably that your son is on the team and you feel like he should be the starting QB. I don't know what it is but you need help.

Let me ask you a question. What is the Rebels record? They are 4-1. They lost to one quality team, in which they competed in. So to me I say this team is doing alright. Have they peaked? No, but what team wants to peak in September? You say there are better options at QB, well who are they? I know for a fact before the starter returned the so called better options were atrocious in scrimmages. How many games have you one in your high school coaching career? I'll answer that one for ya, zero. So who are you to question a very experienced staff. For you to think they would start someone who was not worthy is crazy.

Here is my analysis of why the Rebels have not came running out of the gates.

1. Loss of Seniors- Last year's team had alot of contributors to walk across the stage in May. 4 out of 5 lineman, top 2 recievers, Mr. Football QB, and the majority of the defense. That means you have the majority of the Rebels who have never started in their high school career. With experience comes success.

2. Play of Alex Ford- His effort this season has been a disappointed to say the least. Looks like he is content with a great junior season. He is not running like the workhorse he was last year. That could be contributed to him having to play defense or him believing he is better than he actually is. People have told me he thinks he is an SEC player and that is an not the case.

3. WR's- Coach Clayton does not have the big play receivers he has had in the past. He doesn't have anyone that can stretch the field except Keylo. This is the worse group of WRs in recent pass. That is why Clayton is throwing this short elementary routes to build the confidence of a group he knows he will need come the playoffs. The reason he still passes is that he knows that the ability to run and throw is what they need to be successful in the playoffs.

Go ahead Wilco, I am ready for your intelligent response to me.

Fern Creek would be a top 10 team here in Tennessee as well as Kentucky. Wilcofootball, if you knew anything about football, which after reading your posts for the past 5 weeks, I know is non existent. I think you have some deep rooted issues from your playing days. Maybe not giving it your all so you could crack the starting lineup, maybe getting beat out by an underclassmen your senior year cause you couldn't cut it, or it is probably that your son is on the team and you feel like he should be the starting QB. I don't know what it is but you need help.

Let me ask you a question. What is the Rebels record? They are 4-1. They lost to one quality team, in which they competed in. So to me I say this team is doing alright. Have they peaked? No, but what team wants to peak in September? You say there are better options at QB, well who are they? I know for a fact before the starter returned the so called better options were atrocious in scrimmages. How many games have you one in your high school coaching career? I'll answer that one for ya, zero. So who are you to question a very experienced staff. For you to think they would start someone who was not worthy is crazy.

1. Loss of Seniors- Last year's team had alot of contributors to walk across the stage in May. 4 out of 5 lineman, top 2 recievers, Mr. Football QB, and the majority of the defense. That means you have the majority of the Rebels who have never started in their high school career. With experience comes success.

2. Play of Alex Ford- His effort this season has been a disappointed to say the least. Looks like he is content with a great junior season. He is not running like the workhorse he was last year. That could be contributed to him having to play defense or him believing he is better than he actually is. People have told me he thinks he is an SEC player and that is an not the case.

3. WR's- Coach Clayton does not have the big play receivers he has had in the past. He doesn't have anyone that can stretch the field except Keylo. This is the worse group of WRs in recent pass. That is why Clayton is throwing this short elementary routes to build the confidence of a group he knows he will need come the playoffs. The reason he still passes is that he knows that the ability to run and throw is what they need to be successful in the playoffs.

Couldn't have put it better myself.

Except for the part about Ford. He has been playing both sides of the ball for the first time this year. I'm wondering if that might have a little something to do with it.

Couldn't have put it better myself.

Except for the part about Ford. He has been playing both sides of the ball for the first time this year. I'm wondering if that might have a little something to do with it.

You wanted a response, here it is. First off, I don't believe Fern Creek would be a top ten team in Tennessee. That is my opinion. As there is no way to prove this I will say agree to disagree. Secondly, please keep taking personal shots at me, I find them entertaining to read. It's funny how every franklin fan accuses me of knowing nothing when it is quite apparent that they know nothing themselves. On to your next comment. Yes their record is 4-1. They lost to a quality opponent. That is my point. They beat 4 mediocre teams. As soon as they played a team deserving the status of "good" they crumbled. If you would stop to think, no other team that the rebels have played has had a positive win/loss record. Now, "For you to think they would start someone who was not worthy is crazy." You obviously have had no experience with franklin high football, or for that matter, high school football. If you knew anything at all, you would grasp the concept that high school football is about as much politics as it is who is the better player.

On to your points.

1. Yes they have lost seniors. But did you stop to think that the defense lost seniors also? If I'm correct, and I am, the defense lost just about the same amount of starters as the offense. So here you have a majority of the defense who have never started in their high school career who still manage to pass for a good defense. Please explain.

2. I agree. He is not the player he was last year. All I can say is a real athlete would be able to play both ways if his team required him to.

3. Again, what is your point. Yes the rebels don't have the WRs they did in past seasons. WHICH IS WHY WE ASK WHY THEY TRY SO HARD TO FORCE THE PASS. "Short elementary routes"? Those aren't what I saw at Ooltewah. Now please, listen. This QB cannot throw downfield. When he attempts such a thing, all I see is a floating duck ending up in an incompletion or a pick. Ever heard the phrase play the hand you are dealt? They don't have the personnel for a pass game, but the franklin faithful say they have the best RBs in the state. That one should be self explanatory. Stick to the run and let the offensive line get better at that before you try to boost up the pass. BECAUSE THE RUN HAS BEEN PROVEN AT FRANKLIN. But no, for some unknown reason clayton is stuck on a pass game that doesn't exist this year.

I await your reply patiently.

I would like to address the issue of "Alex Ford". Please take a look around the District, and look at young Sophmores and Juniors who have recently become seniors and assumed & shouldered the high expectations with welcoming open arms. Coffee at Brentwood is a Senior this year, and has been the talk of the wood'. Not only did he step up to the plate, but he has swung for the fence. He has lived up to his expectations. Heckman at Independence has been anointed the future of the Eagles since he was a sophmore. He survived a rocky road through his Junior year, and now he has weathered the storm, and placed his Eagles in a position to succeed. Heckman may not be the most gifted or talented athlete, he may not be surrounding with an all-star cast, but he is a "winner" who will not except being anything less.

Now that I have pointed out two other examples (for the base of my argument), now let me address "Alex Ford". Alex Ford made a name for himself last year, as a work-horse hard-running back. But that caged-animal attitude has been missing so far this year. Mr Ford is just another victim of "complacency" and "individuality". Ford is an "individual" in the sense that as where Heckman & Coffee not only shouldered their high expectations but they have also shouldered their teams. Ford's inability to carry & shoulder his team is a sign of uncaring selfishness, and frankly it churns my stomach to read the constant praise of "3-stellar-backs". His "complacency" is a sign of laziness (nothing more nothing less). What happens at Franklin during the off-season? Not only has Ford failed to meet expectations, but he has under-achieved to such a level that should embarrass & disappoint the Franklin Faithful. Because without a doubt the story of Alex Ford is a sad & somber story, The chants from the stands of "HE IS A SOPHMORE!!!" have changed to "OVER-RATED"...

Alex Ford is just another in a long-line of under-achieving over-rated star players at Franklin High School. Whether the last name is Hardison, Campbell, or Steele, or McPhee it is simply a different last name with the same old story.

The atrocity of this story is the fact that excuses for leaders like Alex Ford over-shadow the hard-work & ethic that pays off when players like Nick Gordon, Ramsey Sellars, Timmy Wilson, and Ben Woodall finally mature into their respected positions and exceed everybody's expectations. I asked the question earlier, "what happens at Franklin during the off-season?", well apparently certain players strive for something bigger than themselves and others spend time reading their own press clippings.

Why is it that you feel the need to get on these boards and bash the "kids"?????? Kids is what they are and if you think they don't get on here and read what is written about them, then you are wrong. This is high school football people. Didn't your mom ever teach you if you don't have anything nice to say, then don't say anything at all. We should all be trying to fire the Rebels up, not destroy them!!!

Okay Wilcofootball....granted, we may not have the best of the best players and we have no superstars to focus upon like some other teams may with their D1 prospects, but the last time I checked football was a team sport. You take it upon yourself to criticize everything from the QB, the RB's, and the coaches. You even refer to some defensive players as "beanie babies"...c'mon, how old are you really? Do you find even one player to praise?!? If so, then why not focus on the positive and talk about the good they did? Help spread the word of the talent that DOES exist in order to get them some publicity and a possible scholarship. Or is that TOO difficult for you?

Sure, there are things that all of us can say that we don't agree with in regards to our coaching staff, but we were asked to address those issues directly with the coach. Would you like us to make you an appointment?!? And I STILL would like to know where you have coached and your what you bring to the blog in the way of experience? What team must we beat in order for the Rebels to be competitive in your mind?

CONSTRUCTIVE criticism is welcomed...what you do is NOT constructive at all. You merely attempt to tear the team, coaches, and individuals down. You sound like someone very bitter and in love with the dream team of season's past! We are on our way to Louisville, yes in Kentucky. Are you coming to the game?