Franklin Rebels at Fern Creek, KY

wilcofootball

Okay Wilcofootball....granted, we may not have the best of the best players and we have no superstars to focus upon like some other teams may with their D1 prospects, but the last time I checked football was a team sport. You take it upon yourself to criticize everything from the QB, the RB's, and the coaches. You even refer to some defensive players as "beanie babies"...c'mon, how old are you really? Do you find even one player to praise?!? If so, then why not focus on the positive and talk about the good they did? Help spread the word of the talent that DOES exist in order to get them some publicity and a possible scholarship. Or is that TOO difficult for you?

Sure, there are things that all of us can say that we don't agree with in regards to our coaching staff, but we were asked to address those issues directly with the coach. Would you like us to make you an appointment?!? And I STILL would like to know where you have coached and your what you bring to the blog in the way of experience? What team must we beat in order for the Rebels to be competitive in your mind?

CONSTRUCTIVE criticism is welcomed...what you do is NOT constructive at all. You merely attempt to tear the team, coaches, and individuals down. You sound like someone very bitter and in love with the dream team of season's past! We are on our way to Louisville, yes in Kentucky. Are you coming to the game?

Fletch,

While I am not a Franklin fan, I do agree with some of what you said. Calling out a high school football player by name and tearing them down is not right. They are high school players, not college or pro players. However, if you think any player is or insn't going to get a scholarship based off of what some fan or opponents fan says here on coacht, you are mistaken. I doubt very seriously that college scouts and coaches are scouring the coacht threads to find out what players they should or should not recruit. If someone wants to critize coaches, that is different as long as it does not get too personal.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am not saying they wouldn't get a scholarship based on what some "wanna-be" posts on a blog by any means. I am just saying rather than constantly tearing everyone down, why not give some credit where credit is due and make your criticism constructive rather than abusive. Thanks for the correction; I guess I mis-worded that part. I just think that positive writeups are good to use in ones pursuit of playing at the next level whether it be D1, D2, or where ever they decide to go. :roflol:

So, 5 games in and the rebels are still struggling. I will take some time now to address some issues that some may have questions about. First off, let's discuss the schedule. Let me inform you why the rebels are playing in Kentucky again this week. When the time came for schedules to be made for this season, clayton figured he had better things to do. So while other coaches immediately got to work planning their seasons, clayton was busy playing golf (or other such activities). That is how the rebels got stuck playing 2 games in Kentucky this year. Moving onward, and somewhat unrelated, Rebbacker, you mentioned your son was in the Army now. How is he doing and is he still in basic? On to this week. Again, I don't know anything about Fern Creek, but based on how Christian County played this should be an easy game for the rebels. For those who ask "why are they playing in Kentucky?", see above. So now we are at week 5. Rebels have shown little (if any) improvement, regardless of what some people, *cough longhorns cough* say. It seems that some people think that completing one good pass against a 1-3 team automatically means the passing game is on par. Longhorns, I will take this sentence to personally ask you why you are so hellbent on backing a poor excuse for a QB when there are other considerably better players to take his place. And no, don't start the accusations of me being a father/brother/relative of any player. I am simply a football fan and express my opinions as such. The rebels are looking at 2 relatively weak teams over the next 2 weeks, and I venture to guess that after each game we will hear "rebels dominated this week completing 3 TD passes" and so on and so forth. It has been stated that the only interception in the Hillsboro game was caused by a bad coaching call that placed the QB in a position to throw an interception. I may not be an expert on coaching, but it would seem to me that throwing the ball away would be a better idea than throwing to a player on the other team. It seems that the coaching/play calling for the rebels is consistantly bad this year, and if I were the rebel coaches I would think long and hard about the coach in the press box suggesting plays. This week we can all look forward to another "great offensive showing" from the rebels as they play yet another Kentucky team.

I am one that gets on here and says what I think, and after reading this I had to stop work an reply. This is WAY to harsh on these kids. :roflol: We are starting to play better. We finally threw a TD pass so things will get better. Keep working rebels.

I will continue to say what I think and have fun on this message board.

I am not saying they wouldn't get a scholarship based on what some "wanna-be" posts on a blog by any means. I am just saying rather than constantly tearing everyone down, why not give some credit where credit is due and make your criticism constructive rather than abusive. Thanks for the correction; I guess I mis-worded that part. I just think that positive writeups are good to use in ones pursuit of playing at the next level whether it be D1, D2, or where ever they decide to go. :roflol:

I do agree that too many people come on here and start ripping high school football player and it does no good at all. I think most of the time it is from people that have a personal grudge against a player or a coach because their kid isn't playing. I also think that people post things here they would never say to the person's face, because they can hide behind their scree name. I see no problem with fans getting on here and trash talking back and forth before a game. But to come on here and call out players by name and trash them is being a jerk. I personally am an Indy fan. My son graduated 2 years ago so I have no player on the team. But I won't come on here and say derogatory things about another teams players by name. It is just not the right thing to do in my opinion.

I am not saying they wouldn't get a scholarship based on what some "wanna-be" posts on a blog by any means. I am just saying rather than constantly tearing everyone down, why not give some credit where credit is due and make your criticism constructive rather than abusive. Thanks for the correction; I guess I mis-worded that part. I just think that positive writeups are good to use in ones pursuit of playing at the next level whether it be D1, D2, or where ever they decide to go. :thumb:

I do agree that too many people come on here and start ripping high school football player and it does no good at all. I think most of the time it is from people that have a personal grudge against a player or a coach because their kid isn't playing. I also think that people post things here they would never say to the person's face, because they can hide behind their scree name. I see no problem with fans getting on here and trash talking back and forth before a game. But to come on here and call out players by name and trash them is being a jerk. I personally am an Indy fan. My son graduated 2 years ago so I have no player on the team. But I won't come on here and say derogatory things about another teams players by name. It is just not the right thing to do in my opinion.

Guys this Wilco character is just a punk kid who is trying to get a rise out of you...just ignore him and perhaps he will go away. Only a coward would come on a message board and call out kids who are out their busting their butts week in and week out. Please stop responding to his nonsense.

Sportshooter, you are absolutely right....regardless of whether this is some disgruntled FHS parent from the past or present, an overly obsessed Clayton hater, or just someone who is filled with nothing but negativity, the only thing we do in responding to his nonsense is feed the bear. It is best to leave well enough alone and let him blog himself to death. I think he may be one of those types that just loves the sound of his own voice! :popcorneater:

To think that the Trifecta is comprised of children is in and of itself very childish, no pun intended.

First I would like to adress a couple of past comments. First and foremost Mr. fbforme. Did you know that stores will also sell video cameras to people other than football teams? When I said that I had seen film on the game, why does that automatically mean that I got what the team watches? And even though I am somewhat critical of FHS's offensive decisions, I would hope that all of their coaches would be smarter than to be on here posting critical comments and critisizing from the inside out. Very foolish. And just because you know nothing of coaching the sport, does not mean that FHS's defense did not make adjustments against OHS, but that maybe Ooltewah's offense had a great night, made their own adjustments and took advantage of a tired group that had to play most of the game since the FHS offense was so unproductive???

I was not at the Hillsboro game, but it made me happy to hear that the Rebels were able to successfully run the football (Dye - 97 yards, Ford - 141 yards and Lee - 13), and very bad that Keelo sustained an injury. Hopefully he will not be down for too long. I did hear that the passing game clicked a little better, but was still sloppy at most times.

Something that is very irritating to me about most of the FHS posters on here is that you are a bunch of nanby pamby sissies. Take some criticisim and use it to get better, quit your whining. Football is a tough sport on and off the field.

This week I would expect Clayton to "show off" the passing offense that is none existant for FHS and to try to play to the KY style of football. Too bad they aren't learning their lesson and just running it down their throat. I don't know much about Fern Creek other than they are undefeated and are very athletic. Sounds like the proper game plan would be to keep the ball out of the opposisition's hands and run the ball and clock. Which means expect to see Franklin doing a lot of spread and shot gunning. Hopefully the defense will be able to step up and defend the pass properly against this athletically talented team and the offense can stay productive.

Bring back a W Rebels :popcorneater:

GERRY BERTIER is way off base when saying that one of the problems with the FHS Offense should be shouldered on Alex Ford

2. Play of Alex Ford- His effort this season has been a disappointed to say the least. Looks like he is content with a great junior season. He is not running like the workhorse he was last year. That could be contributed to him having to play defense or him believing he is better than he actually is. People have told me he thinks he is an SEC player and that is an not the case.)

Alex Ford had trouble as did all our running backs bc of the lack of play from the offensive line. However, they did a great job tonight and Alex had 210 yards and 3 TDs.

These guys who keep bagging on our players need to get off their high horse. Just support the team.

Way to go REBELS...Beat RAVENWOOD

Do You know ANYTHING about football?

"You wanted a response, here it is. First off, I don't believe Fern Creek would be a top ten team in Tennessee. That is my opinion. As there is no way to prove this I will say agree to disagree. Secondly, please keep taking personal shots at me, I find them entertaining to read. It's funny how every franklin fan accuses me of knowing nothing when it is quite apparent that they know nothing themselves.On to your next comment. Yes their record is 4-1. They lost to a quality opponent. That is my point. They beat 4 mediocre teams. As soon as they played a team deserving the status of "good" they crumbled. If you would stop to think, no other team that the rebels have played has had a positive win/loss record. Now, "For you to think they would start someone who was not worthy is crazy." You obviously have had no experience with franklin high football, or for that matter, high school football. If you knew anything at all, you would grasp the concept that high school football is about as much politics as it is who is the better player."

Before you speak, it would do you well to check out the Rebels opponent for the week. I guess FCHS wouldn't be a top ten team in TN if we had 10 other teams that obliterated the national stats in EVERY offensive stat. FCHS just about doubles the National output in scoring and Franklin just held them to 16 points. So, they just beat a quality opponent and didn't 'crumble' (a little excess when describing their loss to Ooltewah).

BTW: I was incorrect...Alex Ford had 4 TDs to accompany his 210 yards.

I guess you do know something about High School Football because you do know that politics is involved but that is not the case with our QB. MK is a sophomore and a good QB. Does he make mistakes? Yeah. Is he good? Yeah. Is he NOT worthy to be on the field? YOU ARE IDIOTIC. Of course he is worthy to be on the field.

I'm not really sure why some of the men/women on here wish to bag on kids who are representing our school well. Maybe your son was caught in the politics of high school football and someone that he can outperform is on the team, but that is no reason to pull any other kid down. You should be ashamed.