Karns vs. Powell

balleret

Htv do u have or have anyway of getting the all time series record for the Powell karns rivalry?

I am drawing a blank on getting the all time series record. All I can find is the last 12 years. Since 1997 Powell and Karns have played 6 times with Powell leading the series in that time period 5-1.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Football dad for your info I played in every game except 3 from jr to sr year. you are right my other teammates have not posted, just hold on and well see. sounds to me like you have a real desire to continue watching the beavers struggle, see you havent been in the locker room or on the sidelines these coaches espicially the headcoach talks to the players with foul mouths and ask us questions like are you f__in stupid one of my teammates wanted to punch the hc after he grapped his face mask and ask him that excat question. publicly posting this is the only way to get attention to it my parents has talked to the admin several times and so has others so get your info correct, ya your correct about last friday night also, i guess you also believe we are 3-2 or 4-1 also huh.

Football dad for your info I played in every game except 3 from jr to sr year. you are right my other teammates have not posted, just hold on and well see. sounds to me like you have a real desire to continue watching the beavers struggle, see you havent been in the locker room or on the sidelines these coaches espicially the headcoach talks to the players with foul mouths and ask us questions like are you f__in stupid one of my teammates wanted to punch the hc after he grapped his face mask and ask him that excat question. publicly posting this is the only way to get attention to it my parents has talked to the admin several times and so has others so get your info correct, ya your correct about last friday night also, i guess you also believe we are 3-2 or 4-1 also huh.

Wow. :thumb:

Where's Woody Hayes when you need him?

gokarns09: Please remember to address your comments to the correct poster. You've addressed your response to "Football dad", only problem with that is that I didn't make those comments. Please go back & re-address your response. I catch enough grief on here without catching some for something I never said :thumb: I whole heartedly agree with you that coaches shouldn't act in the manner in which you are saying these coaches have acted if that is indeed true.

Whoa .............. There sure is a lot of football-related testosterone in the air today. The only mystery at this point is why that "Baller" guy hasn't jumped back into the action. I think he must be at work.

First thing - from what I heard the pray guy has it right about the Central game. GoKarns - were you at that game?

Second thing - pray more probably shouldn't have said exactly what he did about the young Mr. Norman in the public venue, but if he's like me he wouldn't know how to edit or withdraw a comment anyway. However, if some of you "outraged ones" had heard big Mike talking football a few years ago you might have been surprised.

Third Thing - cussing out your guys isn't a great idea but I think it happens fairly often. I believe what makes a big difference in how it's taken and what's done about it is the sensitivity of the kid and the overall state of the program. I've seen young men playing on teams who were decent but the truth was that they just weren't great athletes or playmakers, and therefore would get periodic "gentle reminders" of some of their position-related shortcomings. Some of them seemed to have a real hard time with the criticism, whether it was done via cussing or whispering. Plus, in the midst of a meeting to discuss a football issue I once heard an AD say: "Well this is a real issue but if we were 6-1 instead of 1-6 we probably wouldn't even be having this conversation".

Go Karns - I say the Beavs win it by at least a touch. I also suggest GoKarns and Baller petition the Karns admin to let them take over the team for the rest of the year and see what they can do. They could hire "Praymore" to hold services before each practice and game. :thumb:

Bigtuna they could be 6-0 and you still would have a coaching staff that are they way they are. Lets see we were 2-8 my jr year 1-9 my sr year, it is the same year in year out, when Fulkerson was here we at least won some. every team we compete with as a losing record dang even lenior city got thier first win of 18 against us. keep on drinking the kool aide as you say, i support my boys but not the grap heads running the team. we drank the kool aide too every week and was told all the time it was our fault the players, when you play for them then state yyour info until then keep dreaming and believing there is a reason we cant get it done as my dad says follow your leadership???????????????????

Things look different depending on your perspective. From what I've been told there were almost 30 seniors on last year's team. So were you a starting player or just someone hoping to be one? I'm really not sure what you meant by:

we drank the kool aide too every week and was told all the time it was our fault the players, when you play for them then state yyour info until then keep dreaming and believing there is a reason we cant get it done as my dad says follow your leadership???????????????????

What is "as my dad says follow your leadership"? trying to say?

I watched a lot of the Karns games you're speaking of. I've seen some coaching errors (going for 2 at Mo East?) but it looked to me like many losses were defensive breakdowns in the last few minutes. There seemed to be some real issues with the linebackers and/or secondary coming up to cover the outside sweeps and screens. As I recall this was a sore spot in the LC loss last year. I'm really sorry that your experience was so negative.

If you want to talk objectively you almost have to go watch the games. Will you be at Powell tonight?

Let's go root for the Beavers. Wear a GoKarns09 t-shirt and I'll come by and visit. I say Karns by a touch if it doesn't rain. I say Karns by a touch if it does rain. I wish they played like Maryville but I love those Beavers. Is Balleret really your dad? :thumb:

I've got to say I did not see this coming. I thought the Panthers would win 4 out of their last 5 and be a shoe in for the playoffs. Does anyhbody know what this does to their playoff chances? Assumnig they win 3 out of 4, they will be 5-5 and is that good enough? #2 is a very good player, but he had fumbled a lot this year. Powell # 6 seems to have problems hanging on to the ball as well. He has dropped a lot of passes and was playing defense earlier this year but seems to have been moved to the offenseive side of the ballonly. I think Powell could use him on defense because the D backs do not look very good. I thought the Panthers would be good this year, but they have only beaten two teams that have not won a game. I know they are young and Karns needed to win, but I never thought Powell would lose this game and be struggling to get into the postseason. Matt Lowe seems to have a lot of energy during the game, but I don't know if his game plans are adequate to beat the better teams, espeically on defense. Congratulations to Karns, I know there coaches have taken a lot of grief but they seemed to have been very well prepared tonight.

Oh yeah baby! Those Karns coaches might be dumber than mud but the Beavers sure out coached and outplayed the Panthers tonight. The ole' Karns brain trust even cooked up a trick play or two to make things extra interesting. I suppose you nay sayers will come up with some new carping for next week's thread but who really cares? Come on out to Homecoming next week and watch the Beavers cast out those Red Devils. How sweet it is ........ How many passing yards did Boden have? Perhaps enough to win offensive player of the week?