Peabody High School Football

oldschoolpeabody

You need to learn to read first thing my friend. I never say in any post that Peabody was better than Mckenzie,UC or Dresden. The word i used was compete that is the key word! They are getting hammered week in and out . I said from the start of the year and if any Mckenzie fans read this post will back me up. To get to Cookville the road will go through Mckenzie! Before you post anything know what you are posting! If they weren't getting killed week in and out it would be a different story! Milan will beat Trenton as bad as they want to do! I'm sorry but Trenton needs a change! :thumb:

How close would the score have to be for Trenton to be "competing"? For example, if they get beat by 3TD's against Milan, did they compete? The teams you have played this year are much better than Trenton. I will admit that U.C. was worse than even I thought it should be, but every team has a bad game. You guys say you are very talented, but I believe there is a whole lot of bias in those statements. Maybe the coach is getting all he can out of his team, but there is not much to get this year. If Coach Morris was at Trenton, your record would be the same. Maybe the scores would have been a bit closer, but not much. Also, I believe you are using the wrong forum to voice your opinion. Why don't you set up a meeting between you and Coach Scott. Maybe talk with the school board, but this is over the line.

Well you are probably right i have be going at it the wrong wayI do apologize my my rude an uncalled behavior. I did bash and say some things i should not have said i do apologize to GC Pioneer i acted like a fool! It will be no bashing or bringing up Scotts name. I do think Peabody needs a change and i will leave it at that! Please except my apologies and good luck to both teams tonight! :thumb:

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HAHAHA, this goes from you bashing Peabody football to Gibson Co. football! How about all you "KNOW IT ALLS" go to school and become a coach and take over! I'm not sure Coach Scott knows who I am, but I do know Coach Argo knows who I am on here. Even though he is at the middle school, him and Coach Scott still talk. Every school goes through slumps! You people claimed Coach Scott as mayor of Trenton when he took Trenton to the state semi's! Now, he's supposedly the worst thing to ever happen to Trenton Peabody football. Why don't I see you guys complaining about basketball (girls and boys), softball, baseball etc... it seems as if all the sports are down at Peabody High School! Maybe it is the overall talent in the school.

I'm not going to get on here and make excuses for Gibson Co. football this year. Yes, I thought we'd fair better than what we have done thus far, however we haven't! Injuries, bad choices etc... I'm not going to sit here and bash coaches of the schools!!!! You guys have no idea of the pressure that coaches get put under from armchair QB's like you all! Like I said, go complain to your Athletic Director or even Coach Scott himself, if you all are man enough. I've made my point on this topic and I'm done with it. Best of Luck to Coach Scott, the coaches around him, as well as the Peabody players!

I man up i apologize to you for my stupid and ignorant behavior. I had no buisness bashing GC football or bashing Peabody football. I will say this and move on i still think Peabody needs a change. Good luck to GC the rest of the year! My mommy raised me better than to act like a fool and again i do apologize! :thumb:

OK...it was 44-0....but how can Peabody fans blame it on the coaches?? Why not blame it on the lack of talent?....If you fire the coaching staff, who you gonna get?? Morris from Milan....don't think so...your best bet would be some guy right out of college...and that would be worse

• 5 months later...

well im not one of those dads but its gonna sound like it? my son plays at peabody and has played football since 4th grade in jackson! and his coaches from way back then always ask why he doesnt play and i say ask the coach? even other parents ask me why so much i dont sit on peabody side anymore cuz it makes me mad they think i know why i dont and dont want to hear it! so why cant the coach see it his freshmen year he ran the ball 11 times for about 150yrds and no more? why he never got on the field his sophmore year is beyond me and alot of other people!!!!!!

well im not one of those dads but its gonna sound like it? my son plays at peabody and has played football since 4th grade in jackson! and his coaches from way back then always ask why he doesnt play and i say ask the coach? even other parents ask me why so much i dont sit on peabody side anymore cuz it makes me mad they think i know why i dont and dont want to hear it! so why cant the coach see it his freshmen year he ran the ball 11 times for about 150yrds and no more? why he never got on the field his sophmore year is beyond me and alot of other people!!!!!!

I'm not on here to bash Peabody's coaches or players! But hopefully this year will change maybe they will pick up where the left off! Finishing the season with 4 wins in a row Peabody should be much better than last year! Peabody still will have alot of youth but with a break here and there they could contend for District! They have some talent they just need to put it togather! Will Peabody get to play on their new facilities this year or not! So far the weather has not complied! Hopefully it will now the weather looks great just hope it last! :thumb:

• 4 weeks later...
Coach Hud told me that they wouldn't be playin on the new field until the fall of 2011. He said one more year on Freed field cause there's not enough time to get the new field ready now.

Thanks for the update! :roflol:

Haven't heard alot about the Tide this year it is very quite! So someone get on here and let us know some updates and who they will scrimmage in may! :thumb:

• 5 weeks later...
Coach Hud told me that they wouldn't be playin on the new field until the fall of 2011. He said one more year on Freed field cause there's not enough time to get the new field ready now.

Thanks for the update! :thumb:

Haven't heard alot about the Tide this year it is very quite! So someone get on here and let us know some updates and who they will scrimmage in may! :thumb:

I suppose its just to early for Peabody fans to post right now. But i have heard some things from the Peabody camp and hope they can live up to it. I think that the Tide will be able to hold their hold this season! I look for Peabody to make its way back to the playoffs! :roll:

Hey Ole Buddy! So How Deep's The Water over At Trenton? Sure Seen Alot Flowing That Way. Have They Started The New Field Yet? :roflolk:

Outside of Trenton going toward Dyer it was flooded. Other than that we were out of danger! Peabody will play one more year at Freed Field. The harsh winter this year set everthing back a year. Hopefully Peabody will have a new facility next season if the Good Lord permits,maybe the winter next year will not be so bad! Alot of Peabody fans don't like the notion of a new Field! Personally i think its great been needing a new facility a long time! Terrible parking at Freed Field and sometimes a change of venue makes a big difference! Good to here from you and i will be glad to see the season get started! Two a days start tommorrow so its getting closer. Talk at u later good luck to Rebles this season! :roll:

• 3 weeks later...

hey i'm new to this but peabody played against crockett co. in may. they lost 26-12. but there is a player from crockett who is transfering to peabody. He started at corner the last 8 for the cavs and didnt play in the scrimmage. He's a good athlete with good footwork and nice speed. I think he'll be a nice addition to the team.