Cursing???

BullDawgGirl03

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i really dont think they should be kicked off the team really its going to happen from time to time anyone that has ever played a down of ball knows that esspecially on the practice field just my opinion now to me it would seem its not a ? of cussing but what was said in that sentance u know like u could say ====== and mean nothing by it but it was cussing but u could say ======== and it was directed totally diff that makes alot of diff and it goes both ways for coaches as well as players

I know that this may be a little off subject kinda but what about in pregame chants that most teams participate in? I noticed at a recent game the McMinn Central Chargers have a curse word in their pregame chant. Now how should that be handled? :thumb:

its really not that uncommon but i agree it should not be there but again its the game of football it happens no biggie really

what was the kid's history and everything all we hear is that one incident. have the coaches warned him? what did the coach say to the kid... was the coach cursing at what he did or was he cursing the kid... there is a difference... i am not sticking up for the coaches but i would say there is probable more to the story... talk to the coaches first before getting on here and telling everyone they kicked this kid off for getting cursed at...

what was the kid's history and everything all we hear is that one incident. have the coaches warned him? what did the coach say to the kid... was the coach cursing at what he did or was he cursing the kid... there is a difference... i am not sticking up for the coaches but i would say there is probable more to the story... talk to the coaches first before getting on here and telling everyone they kicked this kid off for getting cursed at...

If you'll go back, I never once said a coaches name, a players name, or even a school....for the sole reason that I don't know BOTH sides of the story. I just know what the kid said. And I also stated that I didn't blame the coaches for kicking him off for running his mouth. But the player says that the coach told him he was off the team for cursing at the coaches. Now it's not my place either way since I'm not the mother of the player, the player, nor even a fan of the school...I'm mearly a friend. My point in this blog was not to push blame, but to get feedback on cursing on the football field, basketball court, baseball diamond.....cursing by coaches in HIGH SCHOOL athletics. Now granted I'm not saying we should ban it all together because that'll never happen. Emotions will always run high....however cursing at a specific player with intent to belittle has NO place in high school athletics. It would be no difference than a math teacher telling little Johnny that he was a "d*mn" idiot because he didn't know what the square root of 3593 was. It's not allowed in the classroom, and shouldn't be allowed on the field. I completely agree with hufstedler02 when he says, if you have to curse to get a point across, it just shows a lack of use of vocabulary words.

I know that this may be a little off subject kinda but what about in pregame chants that most teams participate in? I noticed at a recent game the McMinn Central Chargers have a curse word in their pregame chant. Now how should that be handled? :flower:

university of georgia fight song ends with "to H*LL with georgia tech". No big deal. when i was in high school our pregame chant had a foul word in it. coach didnt tell us to say it we just did it and thought nothing about it.

In my opinion this is ridiculous. Coaches don't have to curse, but guess what most of them do. SO why would a coach kick a player off for doing the same thing? I think this coach should be punished to if he is gonna kick a kid off his team for cursing. Cursing is gonna happen in football though. It is a rough sport and tempers will flare. Bottomline the kid should not have been kicked off, but he should have been punished.

In my opinion this is ridiculous. Coaches don't have to curse, but guess what most of them do. SO why would a coach kick a player off for doing the same thing? I think this coach should be punished to if he is gonna kick a kid off his team for cursing. Cursing is gonna happen in football though. It is a rough sport and tempers will flare. Bottomline the kid should not have been kicked off, but he should have been punished.

I agree 100% :popcorneater: Theres way more cursing going on in the stands than on the field. No need to ban the kid, just make him do bout 700 bellyflops all week in practice like my coach in 7th grade did :roflol: Thats why football is the greatest sport in the world because it makes us CRAZY and people get excited and say things and tempers flare LOL we all love it !!! If that coach AINT yellin and screaming at the players ... then hes not coaching in my opinion ! The cursing needs to be toned down though ... BY ALL OF US

IMHO, constant cursing from coaches or players is unacceptable. Belittling a player with or without cursing is not acceptable as well, and can & has resulted in litigation against the coach & school. But some cursing will occur regardless of what sport or school your kids attend.

Some years ago I overheard a coach pleading with the head coach about how much more effective he could be if he was just allowed one curse word,..."_ss". :popcorneater: Permission was denied.

I think it is always unacceptable for a professional educator to use that language toward or around a young man or a young lady. I have already said that in an earlier post.

I will also state that I think it is a sad state of affairs when people think that it is acceptable to use that kind of language in public. In a school-sanctioned pre-game chant???? What kind of screw-ball world do we live in where cursing is sanctioned but prayer is illegal.

It's about respect and class..you either have it or you don't.