Big Games in Memphis ... Week 5

kwc

Trojanswars365 - go back to page 7 and read your post, made right after your team had been spanked by two of the teams you denigrated. At best, it sounds like "sour grapes." I personally don't see anything right, appropriate, fitting, or "honorable" (a concept you like to toss around) about it. But you have your fans and supporters. You're now the victim of a "personal attack." (But it's OK to attack three schools). I never meant to imply that you were involved or trying to pander your son - obviously I know nothing about your family! I was trying to point out that HEARSAY "evidence" is worthless, and that you must have been there and heard it unmistakenly YOURSELF to carry any weight. You claim you did. I still find it unbelievable that you twice heard 2 East Memphis coaches brazenly and openly in public "recruiting" kids right in front of you, a Millington man. Sorry, that doesn't pass MY "smell" test. What WERE they saying - telling them about a sports camp? That's why I keep putting the word "recruiting" in italics. What one calls "recruiting" another calls "open house." And as always, you and your ilk think that any great athlete, especially if they're on scholarship (and especially if they're not white) MUST have been recruited, I mean why else would they be there when they could be at....Millington?

Do me a favor. I too grow tired of running this into the ground. Pretend that I wrote the post, for example, after MUS (hypothetically) just lost to Millington and White Station. Substitute "Millington, White Station, East" for "CBHS, MUS, ECS" and "public" for "private." Pretend later I make a post asserting that I had personally seen/overheard coaches from 2 of these distant schools "recruiting."

Do it, read it out loud, then think long and hard about it. Does it make you feel warm and tingly, or something else?

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:blink: sorry Owlbooster I was "kinda"' "seein'" where you were coming from at the start of this, back 13 pages ago, but I believe your letting these guys get the best of you. :blink: Now you sound guilty:lol: Easy now!!!!! Didn't say you were! But think about it most intelligent ,above average, successful gentlemen as yourself wouldn't have carried on this long about something so false! :ugeek: Besides I bet your "Hooter" colleagues back at the nest wouldn't approve of such childish behavior in public now would they. :wacko:

:wacko: sorry Owlbooster I was "kinda"' "seein'" where you were coming from at the start of this, back 13 pages ago, but I believe your letting these guys get the best of you. :wacko: Now you sound guilty:lol: Easy now!!!!! Didn't say you were! But think about it most intelligent ,above average, successful gentlemen as yourself wouldn't have carried on this long about something so false! :ugeek: Besides I bet your "Hooter" colleagues back at the nest wouldn't approve of such childish behavior in public now would they. :blink:

Outstanding I would add a few asterisks but no honor in that. :blink:

FANOFHSFOOTBALL - You're probably right. It's apparent now most if not all of the "good sports" egging me on are from Millington. They haven't had much to cheer about this year. I trust the public remarks made about those infamous private schools have made them feel better. One thing for sure - their coach sure has a "set" on him with the schedule he undertook. More power to him.

Wsttnballer. You disappoint me. I may have trouble falling asleep tonight because you won't answer the BIG question: Why did ECS, a big-time competitor in all sports in DIIAA, choose to switch to DIIA, where they probably sweep all the state championships? You might make Sports Illustrated! Repeatedly, I have praised ECS to the heavens, but you choose to focus on the perceived "dig" of my mentioning the simple (and logical) fact that you didn't do quite as well in DIIAA as DIIA. Your silence says a lot.

Wow, it got 2 responses! I know, I breaking my word by responding to this, but I couldn't help it... I'm really sorry to disappoint you... :roll:;) , and no desire to make Sports Illustrated. :unsure:

Wsttnballer - sorry - I hiccoughed when I hit the "submit" button. :twisted: By the way - it appears that both you and I were half right (or half wrong) about Webb and PJPII. Apparently Webb WAS in your division at the same time but PJPII WASN"T. That's not "etched in stone" - it's hard to get historical info on the net about this type of history. I also had forgotten that for a short period of time, there were three divisions, and you were in the middle one. Bishop Byrne won the small division one year. Not all Catholic schools are in DII. Knoxville Catholic never has been, Chattanooga Notre Dame used to be but isn't now, and PJPII is now but wasn't in the past. Curious but generally worthless facts.

Wsttnballer - sorry - I hiccoughed when I hit the "submit" button. :lol: By the way - it appears that both you and I were half right (or half wrong) about Webb and PJPII. Apparently Webb WAS in your division at the same time but PJPII WASN"T. That's not "etched in stone" - it's hard to get historical info on the net about this type of history. I also had forgotten that for a short period of time, there were three divisions, and you were in the middle one. Bishop Byrne won the small division one year. Not all Catholic schools are in DII. Knoxville Catholic never has been, Chattanooga Notre Dame used to be but isn't now, and PJPII is now but wasn't in the past. Curious but generally worthless facts.

According to TSSAA website, Pope John Paul II was eliminated from state in both '05 and '06 by Webb? I believe this was the time period you mentioned of there being 3 divisions.

Wsttnballer - You are absolutely right. I stand corrected. Moreover, Knoxville Catholic WAS in DII for at least one year. I too had gone to the TSSAA site and not found the info I sought. After hearing from you, I went back and it still took me 10 minutes to find it. (You obviously are a much better "surfer" than I). Thanks for setting me straight; I had scratched a bald spot on my already thinning scalp trying to figure out where WAS PJPII if not in DII? My misinformation had been seconded by a friend. He said they had been in a league with Goodpasture et al. It was easy to believe considering they are MUCH too big for DIIA now and are located (I believe) generally in the same area (north of Nashville). Now I can give my friend some grief - he is much younger than I and can't use the excuse of "age" for a faulty memory. Also, I have enjoyed perusing all the old playoff results and jarring my own poor memory.

Take it easy on BB tonight and I'll "see" you next week at CBHS, the BIG fish in the BIG pond. I always pull for DII teams and will be pulling for the Eagles in that game, admittedly the "underdog." I also have a "BONE TO PICK" (pun intended) with the Purple Wave - I attended the CBHS-White Station game and left with a purple paint handprint on my car. By the way, kudos to ECS for having far and away the best "Handicapped" parking I have ever seen. A model to others AND a relief to old crippled farts like me. When you built your new gym, you did the parking lot right. :roll:

Dou - I likewise pull for Millington - except when they play us or any local DII team. I would pull for them against any non-Memphis team. This area takes a lot of grief at all levels about the quality of their HS football. You have been the "banner carrier" for the large public schools for the last 2 years as we are now for the private. I wish your team only the best. And, as I have said before, your coach is a very "B*****" scheduler. :roll:

Wsttnballer - You are absolutely right. I stand corrected. Moreover, Knoxville Catholic WAS in DII for at least one year. I too had gone to the TSSAA site and not found the info I sought. After hearing from you, I went back and it still took me 10 minutes to find it. (You obviously are a much better "surfer" than I). Thanks for setting me straight; I had scratched a bald spot on my already thinning scalp trying to figure out where WAS PJPII if not in DII? My misinformation had been seconded by a friend. He said they had been in a league with Goodpasture et al. It was easy to believe considering they are MUCH too big for DIIA now and are located (I believe) generally in the same area (north of Nashville). Now I can give my friend some grief - he is much younger than I and can't use the excuse of "age" for a faulty memory. Also, I have enjoyed perusing all the old playoff results and jarring my own poor memory.

Take it easy on BB tonight and I'll "see" you next week at CBHS, the BIG fish in the BIG pond. I always pull for DII teams and will be pulling for the Eagles in that game, admittedly the "underdog." I also have a "BONE TO PICK" (pun intended) with the Purple Wave - I attended the CBHS-White Station game and left with a purple paint handprint on my car. By the way, kudos to ECS for having far and away the best "Handicapped" parking I have ever seen. A model to others AND a relief to old crippled farts like me. When you built your new gym, you did the parking lot right. :roll:

Actually, I remembered JPII being in our district from us playing them. We beat them at their place back when they had Golden Tate. He was a heckuva player, really all they had back then. I did confirm it with the TSSAA website though. Next week should be a good game, ECS seems to be firing on all cylinders although they always seem to have a mental block with the brothers and MUS. Tonights game will probably get real ugly real fast, I look for a lot of playing time from the subs. I'll pass your compliments on the parking to the higher up's. I do look forward to your game tonight, should be a good one if WS has it all together.