Morristown West v.s Morristown East?

number10

He has already gotten the MRI, and the results have already came in.

but, i talked to him, and he said whether the doctors allow him or not... He's gonna play.

I hear that MRI came back good. He plan to return to practice today. If this is not right, please

up-date.

Getting #40 Helton back on defense & Tee-Howell back, gives East's a better chance of winning.

Canefan72, do you think how our defense lines up is the key problem with our tackling?

3 or 4 times last week, we line up with more people on the short side of the field than the wideside.

We were out number on every sweep play to the wideside of the field.

:popcorneater:

Go Canes!

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

West wins with defense, which East has struggled with.

West 31-14

I agree defense wins championship, I not sure how good Morristown West defense is just yet.

Morristown East will score on Morristown West, the question will be: can Morristown East Stop

West offense enought to get the win? Turnover will play a big part in the outcome.

If East Score more than 28 points, Canes Win!

Good luck too both Teams, let's have a full house. :popcorneater:

East is averaging about 36 pts in wins, and about 32 in losses.

West: 32 in wins, 13 in the loss.

West defense seems pretty consistent: averaging a little over 11.4 against, including a shutout. When teams do score on them, they score, on average, 14.25.

East defense: avg. 29 against, including 56 from Cleveland, which skews the numbers a little. Or does it skew the numbers? How did Cleveland get all their points? I missed the game.

Common opponents:

SD

East: W, 42-7

West: W, 27-0.

Cherokee

East: W 26-21

West: W 45-14.

I heard the West win against Cherokee was closer than the score indicated. But I didn't see that game either, so I don't know.

Statistically, the teams look fairly even, maybe a slight edge to West.

Why do you say if East scores 28, they'll win? Forty-two wasn't enough against Cleveland.

He has already gotten the MRI, and the results have already came in.

but, i talked to him, and he said whether the doctors allow him or not... He's gonna play.

I hear that MRI came back good. He plan to return to practice today. If this is not right, please

up-date.

Getting #40 Helton back on defense & Tee-Howell back, gives East's a better chance of winning.

Canefan72, do you think how our defense lines up is the key problem with our tackling?

3 or 4 times last week, we line up with more people on the short side of the field than the wideside.

We were out number on every sweep play to the wideside of the field.

:popcorneater:

Go Canes!

#40 had a concussion and missed the Cherokee game. He returned to practice and rolled an ankle yesterday but should be good to go for the West game. Tee should play and I will let you know if he practices today.

The issues east has had have been against teams that spread it out. There is alot of youth on that side of the ball. I look for alot of guys to go both ways at times against west to offset this.

It should be a good game and too close to pick a winner.

East is averaging about 36 pts in wins, and about 32 in losses.

West: 32 in wins, 13 in the loss.

West defense seems pretty consistent: averaging a little over 11.4 against, including a shutout. When teams do score on them, they score, on average, 14.25.

East defense: avg. 29 against, including 56 from Cleveland, which skews the numbers a little. Or does it skew the numbers? How did Cleveland get all their points? I missed the game.

Common opponents:

SD

East: W, 42-7

West: W, 27-0.

Cherokee

East: W 26-21

West: W 45-14.

I heard the West win against Cherokee was closer than the score indicated. But I didn't see that game either, so I don't know.

Statistically, the teams look fairly even, maybe a slight edge to West.

Why do you say if East scores 28, they'll win? Forty-two wasn't enough against Cleveland.

Cleveland game no-one made a tackle. Just one of those games, we have a hard time tackling

RB's with #3.(Last year in Greenville I think #3 ran for 200+yards)East Defense is alot better than

you think. We have alot of guys who played on last year defense.(we were in the top 2 in 5-rivers)

I agree with Canefan72, we have alot of young guys playing on the defense. These young players

(5-6 guys) will be good players by the end of the year or sometime next year. We just going have

too play more guys both-ways.

East defense well show up against Morristown West. I just think 28 points for East will get them

a win. :thumb: as you know, no-one has score 28 on Morristown West all year.

These young players

(5-6 guys) will be good players by the end of the year or sometime next year. We just going have

Is this something East might do in the middle of the season? Start playing more guys both ways? Seems like an odd time to me. I don't coach football, though, and certainly not in eastern Morristown.

These young players

Is this something East might do in the middle of the season? Start playing more guys both ways? Seems like an odd time to me. I don't coach football, though, and certainly not in eastern Morristown.

What I am saying is that the guys going both ways is around 40% of the reps on D now. They may up it to 80% for this game. They have been doing it all year and will just up the reps for the ones doing it.

What I am saying is that the guys going both ways is around 40% of the reps on D now. They may up it to 80% for this game. They have been doing it all year and will just up the reps for the ones doing it.

Not questioning you, just curious: how good is your info here? You aren't a coach at East, obviously, but you do seem to attend most gatherings that the team has. Is this a fact coming from someone in charge that East is going to play more guys both ways from now on? Is it linemen that are going both ways? LB's? Secondary?

If so, conditioning could factor into the outcome. West hasn't significantly played anyone both ways since the late 90's (to their detriment, perhaps, at times), and I imagine that that hasn't changed.

I appreciate any info you care to share.

Not questioning you, just curious: how good is your info here? You aren't a coach at East, obviously, but you do seem to attend most gatherings that the team has. Is this a fact coming from someone in charge that East is going to play more guys both ways from now on? Is it linemen that are going both ways? LB's? Secondary?

If so, conditioning could factor into the outcome. West hasn't significantly played anyone both ways since the late 90's (to their detriment, perhaps, at times), and I imagine that that hasn't changed.

I appreciate any info you care to share.

They have done this in the past in big games and even more times than others this year. Conditioning will not be a factor.

They've done this in the past in big games? Does that include the two games they lost? If so, is it possible that conditioning maybe played a small part in the fact that East did not win those games?

Conditioning won't be a factor? That's such a weird statement to make so confidently.