DRAMALESS DISTRICT 7 AAA

riverdaleman

Great game....First, 2 qrts were pretty even, Blackman had a 3 right before halftime that put them up by 4. Steph had 2 fouls & didn't play much in the 2nd qrt. Blackman was on fire the 3rd qrt, I don't think they missed a shot. LaVergne's defense picked up in the 4th that caused some crucial turnovers. I believe if LaVergne had pressed before the 4th qrt, they would not have to fight so hard to get this victory. We appeared to play Blackman's halfcourt game vs. picking up the pace and playing to our strengths. Anyways....glad for the victory and it's going to be a great district race.

Blackman just missed shots @ the end. We had chances & good open looks, just missed them. It wasn't Lavergne's defense that caused those missed shots. LaVergne also made their free throws. We had 6 fouls to Lavergne's 2 early in the 4th quarter so they got chances @ the foul line & took advantage. I'm proud of the girls, defensively they did what they needed to do, just have to up the offensive production, which was already a problem before this game.

Bri,

What game was you watching...true that Blackman miss some shots but it was because LaVergne picked up their defense. The fouls that were called were fouls, there were alot of no calls that went Blackman's way that they did not capitalize on, i.e missed shots. I would say once again that if LaVergne had pressured Blackman much earlier they would not have to fight so hard for the victory.

I'm proud of our girls as well, they got behind 8 at one point but stayed composed & came away with a victory.

Way to go Lady Wolverines!!

• Replies 679
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For those who have quietly not kept up with them, Siegel is performing just like an Alan Bush team usually does this time of the year. With a roadrunner very skilled guard and the ability to play with anyone on the boards, the defense minded Stars keeps opponents off guard not knowing which defense is coming up next and which of Stars will break out in scoring. This will be a coaches game with both coaches having to make significant modifications of their game plan and both having to be careful of the blinding speed of the other. They know each other. The unbeaten LaVergne team is favored. Siegel has only lost two. It's the first of another bragging rights event with an important "Battle of Rutherford" as games have now shifted to the Southeastern part of the County on Tuesday. Records mean nothing.

Bri,

What game was you watching...true that Blackman miss some shots but it was because LaVergne picked up their defense. The fouls that were called were fouls, there were alot of no calls that went Blackman's way that they did not capitalize on, i.e missed shots. I would say once again that if LaVergne had pressured Blackman much earlier they would not have to fight so hard for the victory.

I'm proud of our girls as well, they got behind 8 at one point but stayed composed & came away with a victory.

We're just going to have to agree to disagree. Cause I sat right across from you & watched us get a 39-31 lead midway through the 3rd quarter. By the beginning of the 4th, the lead was down to 5 & y'all had 2 fouls, we had 6. That's not "no calls" going our way. Like I said Lavergne's defense did not cause us to miss OPEN shots. Yes, y'all did some good things on defense @ the end of the game, but not so far in guarding the open shooter. Bottom line we shot ourselves in the foot by not making shots. Y'all made alot of the free throws you took to get that lead & keep it.

I still love y'all & I'll be rooting for you against most anybody else. :ph34r:

How's "the other Bri" feeling?

Bri,

We're just going to have to agree to disagree. Cause I sat right across from you & watched us get a 39-31 lead midway through the 3rd quarter. By the beginning of the 4th, the lead was down to 5 & y'all had 2 fouls, we had 6. That's not "no calls" going our way. Like I said Lavergne's defense did not cause us to miss OPEN shots. Yes, y'all did some good things on defense @ the end of the game, but not so far in guarding the open shooter. Bottom line we shot ourselves in the foot by not making shots. Y'all made alot of the free throws you took to get that lead & keep it.

I still love y'all & I'll be rooting for you against most anybody else. :ph34r:

How's "the other Bri" feeling?

You are right, we are going to agree to disagree......but give credit where credit is due. LaVergne girls played hard & regardless of the foul count, by the end of the game, it came down to making shots & free throws. As the DNJ reported, on 3 separate occasions, Blackman had the opportunity to tie it up but they didn't. It's just one of those things that we can blame officiating if we lose, but when calls are going your way, no complaint. Steph had two bogus fouls as well as JB, especially the one she fouled out on. It is what it is and when we come to Blackman, I expect another great game. But right now since this game is over, we have to move on, we have Siegel on Tuesday, who's playing really good ball and as Phargis posted, can sneak up on LaVergne, if we overlook them.

It's all good, still love you & Big T as well.....The other "Bri" is doing good. No problems with the knee, it was only a bruise where Kelsey fell on her Friday night, so she will be ready to shut Shanice down on Tuesday....lol :bored: Love you too Shanice, so don't take it personal.

BLACKMAN VS OAKLAND=BLACKMAN SIEGEL VS LaVergne=SIEGEL RIVERDALE VS SMYRNA=RIVERDALE.HERE ARE YOUR WINNERS.WHAT'S THE WORD THUNDER BIRD.WE BEEN WAITING ON THIS GAME FOR A LONG TIME.WE ARE READY TO RUN . :popcorneater::roflol::wacko: .

Alrighty Bballlady.....I have to go with you on all of the predictions except for that Siegel/LaVergne matchup....I've got LAVERGNE. That's the "word" thunderbird!!

Hey Mr. Phargis will u be at the game @ Siegel on tomorrow??

@ Riverdaleman...thanks, I was wondering what happened to him. Maybe he might pay us a visit from time to time.

How about the Riverdale/Blackman matchup on Friday....what it be like Rdman?? Maybe Bri, hicotton or blazealltheway can give some insight, also... Should be another barnburner!!

BLACKMAN VS OAKLAND=BLACKMAN SIEGEL VS LaVergne=SIEGEL RIVERDALE VS SMYRNA=RIVERDALE.HERE ARE YOUR WINNERS.WHAT'S THE WORD THUNDER BIRD.WE BEEN WAITING ON THIS GAME FOR A LONG TIME.WE ARE READY TO RUN . :popcorneater::roflol::wacko: .

Alrighty Bballlady.....I have to go with you on all of the predictions except for that Siegel/LaVergne matchup....I've got LAVERGNE. That's the "word" thunderbird!!

Hey Mr. Phargis will u be at the game @ Siegel on tomorrow??

@ Riverdaleman...thanks, I was wondering what happened to him. Maybe he might pay us a visit from time to time.

How about the Riverdale/Blackman matchup on Friday....what it be like Rdman?? Maybe Bri, hicotton or blazealltheway can give some insight, also... Should be another barnburner!!

well prior to friday night i saw my LADY WARRIORS win this one hands down HOWEVER with the 1 point loss to lavergne and a chance to win the game i am worried but i am RIVERDALEMAN so i say my LADY WARRIORS take this by 6=10 points

Tuesday nites games will again be close except the Oakland/Blackman matchup. Oakland is playing better this year and has good players but is not as deep as Blackman. This is fixable over time. Too much defense and too many players. Blackman wins. Siegel/lavergne. Lavergne comes to the Nation's house. This will be a very close game, maybe even overtime. If Siegel follows Coach Bush's game plan Siegel has a chance to pull this one out. Would hate to officiate this one, likely would need a water break. Too close to call. Blackman/Smyrna. Will be played close. Another one played very close. The game will be played even, if Smyrna plays their regular defense. But in the end, Riverdale wins a close one after being behind and wins it with their play on the boards. Riverdale.

Riverdale BETTER TAKE THERE OWN REFEREE BECAUSE THE ONES THAT WE HAD LAST FRIDAY WERE FOOT LOCKER REF. THEY NEED TO TRAIN SOME REFEREE INSTEAD OF GOING TO FOOT LOCKER ASKING FOR THERE HELP. :popcorneater::roflol::wacko:

LOL i have a son that plays middle school now that is some bad refferring. against smyrna we went into overtime because of refferring they gave smyrna credit for a 3 pointer when 1 of the guys foot was almost completly over the line and the half of his other foot was on the line. against oakland our officiating was ok but both games were blow outs so they became a non factor