No Respect For The National Anthem

sportman

It is a crying shame we live in this free county and alot of people that go out to the football games don't have enough respect for our brave men and women that have fought for freedom so we can go to such events like this. It's at all stadiums I've gone to in the last 20 years. I asked some kid's probaly 14-16 years old last week at the game we played when there on school band was playing the National Anthem to be quiet and have some respect and they thought I was off my rockers. I'd like to know how many true red blooded football fans feel about this.

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think its sad !!!!These kids need to realize that if people hadn't fought for our freedom, then we wouldnt be at the games on friday night.The thing of it is that respect starts at home!

I couldn't agree more Raider. It starts at home, and before the teen age years. Same thing with prayer.

But if you look closer, it more than that. It's respect for anybody, even themselves. Around here, that is a very small number, but there seems to be more every year. Maybe I'm just getting older and it just seems that way. I was raised to stand, hand or cap over heart and face the flag. Bow you head hat/cap off for any prayer......say Maam and Sir to most everybody. But, if I'm doing what I was raised to do...I probably wouldn't notice others so much .

I think its sad !!!!These kids need to realize that if people hadn't fought for our freedom, then we wouldnt be at the games on friday night.The thing of it is that respect starts at home!

I couldn't agree more Raider. It starts at home, and before the teen age years. Same thing with prayer.

But if you look closer, it more than that. It's respect for anybody, even themselves. Around here, that is a very small number, but there seems to be more every year. Maybe I'm just getting older and it just seems that way. I was raised to stand, hand or cap over heart and face the flag. Bow you head hat/cap off for any prayer......say Maam and Sir to most everybody. But, if I'm doing what I was raised to do...I probably wouldn't notice others so much .

Termite well stated i as well was rasied to respect the great American life we live! It does go back to your raising. Kids today are not brought up like kids were back in my day! But i agree with what you say very well put! :thumb:

One of my buddies that I sit with each Friday night at home went down after the National Anthem and gave his son a racking for not taking his cap off during the National Anthem at our first home game!!! His son left the game and didn't come back. He's been back since but acted right during that part of the opening ceremonies. NOW, lets get equally upset about prayer before a game!!

This "moment of silence" is not the American way!!!! You can be silent if someone is stalking you in the dark to kill you.

One of my buddies that I sit with each Friday night at home went down after the National Anthem and gave his son a racking for not taking his cap off during the National Anthem at our first home game!!! His son left the game and didn't come back. He's been back since but acted right during that part of the opening ceremonies. NOW, lets get equally upset about prayer before a game!!

This "moment of silence" is not the American way!!!! You can be silent if someone is stalking you in the dark to kill you.

I agree whole heartedly.. When they say a moment of silence I wish all Christains would just start praying out loud..

I read this yesterday just before I left work and headed to the GJH homecoming, took my "atomicblonde" grandone and just down from us was a man answering his cell phone during pre game prayer. She looked at me and did her tsk tsk tsk face. :lol:

The the national anthem starts, she looks at me during that and whispers with her brown eyes big and round, "where's the marching band?" She clasped her hand over her mouth because she realized she should have been a little more quiet. See .. it's not hard, even a three year old can figure out, show respect!

Train up a child in the way you would have them go! :lol:

These are some very good post from all of yall.IM so glad to see other people who was raised like I was. I've seen kids never quit talking during prayer. I HEARD all my life the world coming to an end as you get older makes you think back to what your elders were talking about. It seems to get worse and worse, but glad to see some good christan people stand up and speak out the way they were taught, because it was the right way and many of us have strayed away from. I hope everyboby soaks in some stuff on this thread cause it some of the best stuff i have read on any coach t thread. Very proud of some things i have read on this thread,but still not saying i want bash when i get a chance, that's part of the fun. Thanks to all who spoke your mind, this is part of the world's trouble today "NO RESPECT " TO WHAT REALLY MATTERS.

I totally agree with you guys there is getting to be less and less respect for the flag and this Great God given Country and it is a shame.We were taught not only at home to stand up,cross your heart,remove your hat and repeat the pledge,but also required to every morning at school along with the Lords Prayer.I also am not a fan of the moment of silence listening to prayer before a game has never killed anyone in this country,this Great Country was established on freedom of religion.But if you wanna get to the bottom of lack of respect for flag and Country and Prayer look to the liberal officals and judges who mandate such things and say it's alright,yet brave men and women have given their lives for this Country to give them that Right, its a shame they don't honor them in a more deserving manner .GOD BLESS THE USA!