JBS vs Houston County

A49304930B

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i hope this game acctuallyproves to be a little more intresting than the game with todd county atleast not a runaway train :thumb:

Unfortunately this game will be a snoozer as well. I hate that the remaining games will give us little competition. I think we have a few areas that need some work and it's gonna be hard to get any better. ER made us a better team last week; TC did nothing for us. About the only thing that game did was give a couple of the younger guys a little bit more confidence. If I had to look for the bright spot in the remaining schedule it's that we can heal up and we can also build our confidence up in the younger players. I'd rather play the stiffer competition though; the better competition tends to expose your weaknesses and humbles you a bit. Like every team, we do have weaknesses that need to be worked on. I think the most work needs to be done on our run defense. With that said, I want to lay down a challenge to this team:

Defense:

* No more points allowed for the rest of the regular season PERIOD!!! Let's set a team record for shutouts.

* Less than 100 yards rushing allowed per game

* No more missed tackles by anybody

* Gang-tackles on every play

Offense:

* No more punts the rest of the season

* No more turnovers the rest of the season

* No tackles for losses allowed

I think that's enough for now. My point in all this is that we must continue to get better if we want to end the season in Cookeville. We're a dang good team but we're definitely not where we need to be for playoff football and that's all we need to know right now.

No it will not be competitive.This is the worst HC team ever,and that says alot since HC has such bad teams for the last 25 years.They have only scored 40 points total in the last 15 games,that's less than three points a game.They had

-9 total yards and seven lost fumbles against Stewart Co.The starting QB is 5'5 and 135lbs.It will be a 40 point game by the half.I am a HC alum and it is sad what is happening there,I bet people wish they had Coach Busey back.I live in the area and wish I could go to the game but I'll be in Knoxville for the UT game.