White House at Goodpasture

GOODPASTURE

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

GO COUGARS,

BEAT WHITE HOUSE!

FYI- I pay my son's tuition and he's a great player.

Dang Thats awesome, so since you do, that means every player pays for their own tuition, sinse you do. Theres a thing calle "financial assitantence" ahh but no player gets that. Right.

Anytime people make blanket statements people are going to get defensive. All we hear is Goodpasture recruits - Goodpasture recruits. That gets old real quick. There is "financial assistance" available, but do you know how many kids get it? No you dont. You just assume. And you know what happens when people assume. Here are some facts! Goodpasture has 60 players on there football team (9 thru 12). They have 4 players who get financial assistance! One of them does not play much at all! Does that surprise you! Most parents and students WANT to come to Goodpasture because of what the school offers on and off the field. They are a very small school, that prepares there students for college better or as good as any school in Tennessee. What is wrong with that! Knowing the facts, does this change your blanket opinion of the school, or do you want to keep assuming that every student that plays sports at Goodpasture is receiving financial assistance? Listen, we can debate about the TSSAA rules until the cows come home! At the end of the day, Goodpasture is a great place to send you child regardless if they play sports or not! I would rather talk about the kids and football, but it upsets me when I see people make blanket statements without any facts! Now that the verbal jabs have been made, lets talk about the game!

GO BLUE DEVILS

WIN GAMES OF SPORTS

DTBDP61 has a point about the secondary, they haven't been tested much but I dont see this as the week that happens. I see GP trying to run the ball, and that is for two reasons. I dont know if WH can stop them and to keep the ball away from WH QB. This game will show how far WH linemen have come. If they give the QB time than GP is in TROUBLE. I know GP has one or two kids in the secondary that can run, I also know that they have some trouble spots as well. SO this comes down to GP's Big guys and WH's Skill guys. Oh yea, I dont even want to talk about special teams. That has to go to GP. All of that makes for a great night of football!

Be careful about Goodpasture's secondary. They are good. Both of there safties are fast. Goodpasture was able to put alot of pressure on Lipscomb. They were playing a soft zone against Lipscomb. I would look for a different cover scheme from Coach Martin and his staff. Goodpasture has athletes, they just need time!

BALLFAN MENTIONED HE DIDNT WANT TO TALK ABOUT SPECIAL TEAMS FOR W.H

MY INPUT ON THAT IS,LOOK AT WHAT HAPPENED DURING 4TH QTR. OF THE BEECH GAME.NOTICE B.DIXON ON THE SIDELINE WHEN #5 FOR BEECH RAN BOTH OF THOSE KICKS BACK.BRYAN IS THE SPEED SAFETY ON KICKOFFS,AND I WAS SURPRISED TO NOT SEE #23 FOR W.H NOT TAKING BRYANS ROLL WITH HIM ON THE SIDELINE.I GARAUNTEE YOU THE MAIN EMPHASIS THIS WEEK IN PRACTICE FOR W.H WAS SPECIAL TEAM CONTAINMENT.I DONT THINK YOULL SEE ANOTHER KICK RETURNED ON W.H FOR A LONG TIME.....

What are GP's field conditions like? The weather report below came from the National Weather Web page. As you can see, RAIN tonight and tomorrow. I hope we dont play in a mud pie like last week. I think that the muddy field helped Beach in the return game last week. Not saying that #5 wouldn't have scored any way, but I would like a rematch with out the mud.

Today: Sunny, with a high near 75. South wind between 5 and 10 mph.

Tonight: Periods of showers and thunderstorms after 1am. Low around 58. South southwest wind between 5 and 10 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%.

Friday: A 50% percent chance of showers and thunderstorms before 1pm. Mostly cloudy, then gradually becoming sunny, with a high near 72. Southwest wind between 10 and 15 mph, with gusts as high as 25 mph.

What are GP's field conditions like? The weather report below came from the National Weather Web page. As you can see, RAIN tonight and tomorrow. I hope we dont play in a mud pie like last week. I think that the muddy field helped Beach in the return game last week. Not saying that #5 wouldn't have scored any way, but I would like a rematch with out the mud.

Tonight: Periods of showers and thunderstorms after 1am. Low around 58. South southwest wind between 5 and 10 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%.

Friday: A 50% percent chance of showers and thunderstorms before 1pm. Mostly cloudy, then gradually becoming sunny, with a high near 72. Southwest wind between 10 and 15 mph, with gusts as high as 25 mph.

Goodpasture's field is very nice. It has a nice crown, and the filed is always in great condition. Make sure you get there early if you want to get decent parking. Usually by 6:00pm it gets full. There is parking across the street from the high school, as well as in the back by the field house.

Goodpasture's field is very nice. It has a nice crown, and the filed is always in great condition. Make sure you get there early if you want to get decent parking. Usually by 6:00pm it gets full. There is parking across the street from the high school, as well as in the back by the field house.

HAS ANYBODY EVER SEEN A PRIVATE SCHOOL WHO DID'NT HAVE A NICE FIELD. tHEY GET IT ALL.

HAS ANYBODY EVER SEEN A PRIVATE SCHOOL WHO DID'NT HAVE A NICE FIELD. tHEY GET IT ALL.

Ha Ha! The field is nice. I am sorry to say that it is grass, not sports turf. It is just a very nicely maintained, good old fashioned, grass field. Do you feel better now! Boy, it's always going to be something isnt it!