Clinton at Central

thekidd0086

I could have sworn I just watched the 2008 Dragons play. Way too many big plays against our defense. All of there touchdowns I think were over 30 yards. That shouldn't happen. I didn't think we would miss A. Powell as much as we did. I think we will be fine but if we have another game with that many penalties it will be hard for me to not pull my hair out. i hate seeing so many big plays being called back. I thought it would go away but it has been every freaking game! Something needs to happen and it needs to be a huge focus for us in this upcoming week of practice. I am proud of our boys so far this year and I just pray the intensity level gets higher as this season could be one to remember! Go Dragons!

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hazelhurst had 257 rushing, 3 tds. He also had the run of the year, he actually piggybacked a player for close to 15 yards, then drug 2 more faor a couple. This kid is the real deal, on offense and defense.

Agree with everyone on the penalties. I heard alot of Clinton fans complaining about the officiating. The thing is, Clinton has almost this many penalties every week. They must fix this before the playoffs or it will be a short run.

I still don't know how good Clinton is, they have not played anybody with a winning record at this point. Hat's off to Central, they came to play.

38-26 Clinton horrible game by the Dragons tonight i know we had alot of player not come to the game cause of sickness but we need the players behind them to step up.... But the main thing is we won...We will have to play better to beat Powell next week...Good job by Weston I think he had close to 250 yards rushing

Stone threw for 199 yards and a touchdown and rushed for 2 more scores. Hazelhurst rushed for 230 yards and 3 touchdowns. We had about 4 or 5 players out last night because of sickness and i think it showed, especially on defense. I dont know what to say about all these penalties, except they have to stop! Most of Clinton's penalties last night were false starts, holding, blocks in the back, and illegal shifts, but Clinton needs to realize that every team they face here on out is going to bring their very best effort to try and knock us off and we have to match that intensity! I dont mean go out there and get more unsportsman like penalties and personal fouls, i mean if a team is trying to push you around the wrong way or take cheap shots at ya, turn that anger into a positive and just take it out on them on the next play......but in a legal way! You dont see championship teams with this many penalties game in and game out. I know you want to get your swagger back, but you dont have to sink to another teams level and get stupid penalties called on you to do that. Good luck and Go Dragons!!!!!!! :roflol:

38-26 Clinton horrible game by the Dragons tonight i know we had alot of player not come to the game cause of sickness but we need the players behind them to step up.... But the main thing is we won...We will have to play better to beat Powell next week...Good job by Weston I think he had close to 250 yards rushing

Stone threw for 199 yards and a touchdown and rushed for 2 more scores. Hazelhurst rushed for 230 yards and 3 touchdowns. We had about 4 or 5 players out last night because of sickness and i think it showed, especially on defense. I dont know what to say about all these penalties, except they have to stop! Most of Clinton's penalties last night were false starts, holding, blocks in the back, and illegal shifts, but Clinton needs to realize that every team they face here on out is going to bring their very best effort to try and knock us off and we have to match that intensity! I dont mean go out there and get more unsportsman like penalties and personal fouls, i mean if a team is trying to push you around the wrong way or take cheap shots at ya, turn that anger into a positive and just take it out on them on the next play......but in a legal way! You dont see championship teams with this many penalties game in and game out. I know you want to get your swagger back, but you dont have to sink to another teams level and get stupid penalties called on you to do that. Good luck and Go Dragons!!!!!!! :thumb:

Great game but do I hear Urban Meyer in these comments...lol.... :roflol:

It was a great game to watch and it was definitely a H and S offensive show for Clinton.

I was proud of Central and it wasn't a blow out...by the way nice class on last play

Good luck and beat every one else since you beat us.

Not sure what you are talking about Indiangiver. When we mentioned the penalties it was always in reference to our players needed to play smarter and how we can't afford them once we get to the playoffs. So for you to sit behind your computer and bad mouth Clinton when your team is probably struggling is just sad.

Central being young had alot to do with the AC loss and now their sophomores are coming around and starting to grow these last 3 weeks. By the way all the sick stuff is no excuse...Clinton had 1 starter out from what I have been told and Cody Blanc #36 for Central who out ran all of the Clinton team for 3 scores played with Strep throat and 1 of their starting LBs played with pneumonia...so no excuse...just say that Central has improved and they gave Clinton a game and have continued to get better and they are going to coninue to improve.