Gallatin at Station Camp

Verb58

Until SC gets the size players a Riverdale or other power house teams have the Wing T is your chance to beat the big boys.

Lacking star skill players or mammoth offensive lines, some coaches have turned to the wing-T as their best bet for offensive survival, using the wing-T's many misdirection plays and angle blocking to frustrate and outwit larger teams.

But what is most curious about the wing-T, other than its constantly pulling and trapping linemen, is that the offense actually generates an emotional response. Fans often speak about the wing-T in terms of love or hate, words rarely attached to the slot-I, the pro set or even the latest rage, the Wildcat[*]

From USA Today: http://www.usatoday.com/sports/preps/fo ... ball_N.htm

Although the pro-style passing game has become the favorite of most high school and college programs, the Wing-T has unwavering loyalty from a select group of high school coaches who are winning state championships and sending players to top college programs. An American Football Monthly survey of 2006 state champions revealed 16.8% of the respondents use the Wing-T as their base offense

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The game went about how I expected. Gallatin handled SC pretty well, but Station Camp didn't just lay down. Gallatin was more physical and showed they have played at this level before. The Station Camp players are still transitioning into the fact the the larger classification is a huge difference. And there transition isn't finished as they still have games against Mt. Juliet and Hendersonville. They may beat Wilson Central and Lebanon. Two things that really bothered me. 1) There were a couple of SC players that complained to the officials after almost every play. I would think the coach would handle that, but it never stopped. The bad part of that was that one of the players involved had several plays where he would arrive late on a tackle and hit somebody late. He was flagged for it only once and spent the next several plays complaining to the officials. Gallatin had a late hit also and drew a flag. No complaint though. 2) One of the SC coaches running up and down the sideline acting stupid screaming at the officials after they were called for the late hit. He was an embarrassment for their staff and school. He screamed "let our kids play." They did get to play, they just had to play by the same rules and he didn't like it. A late hit is a late hit. I think SC play-off hopes are over. Gallatin still playing for a spot.

It was an electric environment last night. Gallatin fans arrived in droves early and had the fence lines full. Gallatin started out kind of sluggish until a TO was called in the 1st quarter for the coaches to tell them they loved them. After that TO Gallatin's O-line really took control of the game. Perry had an awesome night. The D is really getting better with every game they play. The area that we can learn from was on the blocked punt that led to SC's FG. In a game of first's I also saw for the first time a RB get flagged for Roughness after he was being hit out of bounds and refused to go down. Perry was just not having it and got called for roughness. I still don't see how that call was even made. The game had some chippy moments from both teams. Just glad to see Gallatin rise up and get the win.

Is this a rebuilding year for SC? Over the last 2 years I would have given them a big chance to beat the Wave. Two year's ago IMHO the were the best team in the county.

:roflolk:

I see this game getting closer inpoints in the near future. SC is going to get better and will be the school of choice in the future. There area is going to contin to grow. Where as Gallatin is on the decline. If SC can get a few of the skill players Gallatin counts on out of the Blythe st area then the Wave will be in trouble.

Station Camp should be happy that they held Gallatin to only 27 points. Gallatin was much more physical and had a lot more speed. Gallatin just kept committing stupid penalties that are needed to be corrected. At this point in the season those penalties are just drive killers. One good note for the Bison, they have some very good looking younger players coming up. This should be a much more tightly contested ballgame in the years to come.

Is this a rebuilding year for SC? Over the last 2 years I would have given them a big chance to beat the Wave. Two year's ago IMHO the were the best team in the county.

:flower:

I see this game getting closer inpoints in the near future. SC is going to get better and will be the school of choice in the future. There area is going to contin to grow. Where as Gallatin is on the decline. If SC can get a few of the skill players Gallatin counts on out of the Blythe st area then the Wave will be in trouble.

I'm fairly certain what you are describing there is illegal. Players do not get to choose which school they go to, and Gallatin is no longer signing out-of-zones... so Gallatin's talent is going to stay right where it should.

If Gallatin is on the decline as you say, why would Station Camp need players from there. IMHO Station Camp has never been the best team in Sumner County football. They were playing in a smaller class (3A), against much smaller schools as they already had an enrollment over 1000 which was much larger than the normal 700-800 in class 3A. I think we are seeing the difference in classes. By the way, SC started 17 seniors out of 22 positions, and Gallatin started 10 seniors last night. What area do you think SC will make up the most ground in the near future?

If Gallatin is on the decline as you say, why would Station Camp need players from there. IMHO Station Camp has never been the best team in Sumner County football. They were playing in a smaller class (3A), against much smaller schools as they already had an enrollment over 1000 which was much larger than the normal 700-800 in class 3A. I think we are seeing the difference in classes. By the way, SC started 17 seniors out of 22 positions, and Gallatin started 10 seniors last night. What area do you think SC will make up the most ground in the near future?

I have no idea whether or not Gallatin is on the decline, I'll not participate in that debate. I will say SC won't need to find skill players from other areas to compete in the future. That school is in a growing area, in time, they'll be fine. Now, I don't know how many seniors started for SC the other night, but I do know several start both on offense and defense. I also know that most are first year starters, as it's widely known that SC had to replace ALL 11 starters on offense.

I do take issue with the statement that SC was not the best team in the county two years ago. They beat Beech AND Hendersonville, so I think it's at least open to debate.

As far as SC being the best in the County in the past, They were by record. The only county teams they did not play was Westmoreland and Gallatin those years. As for now, SC does not have a say in it until they can win some games against Gallatin, Beech, and Hendersonville. The Bison will rise to the challenge of their new district. Look at their past to substantiate it. They struggle in the first year of moving up and then they start rolling. It is a matter of time. I have always heard that SC has had 1000 students when they were 3A to everyone's 700-800 but that is not true. They have only been above 1000 for one year and that was last year which why they are playing in the new district due to re-alignment. Get your facts straight before going on gossip.

That was an abortion of coaching by Holly & his staff tonight + plus Brandon Porch thinks he is Tim Tebow incarnate, it was ugly,ugly game on SC's part, GW are good(they made mistakes too but) and you can't mess around or your gonna lose against em.

the bison seem to have way more potential on their team than they do developed talent. they also seem to give up in the second half. im confused on how you can blame that game on brandon porch. and a tim tebow incarnate? how? he ran the ball around 7 times and its because his recievers werent open. gallatin is good, im from gallatin and i think enriques is one of the best I've seen come through Gallatin High School. they have an incredible team. SC seemed outmaned with all the guys they had going both ways.