Wartburg @ Coalfield

banjo

Ok lets go ahead & start the chatter about this one. I know Coalfield didnt even start a thread about the Rockwood game last week, must have known what was coming. Now I know both teams are 1-4, but this is a huge rivalry. I believe Wartburg is a much better team than Coalfield, but it doesnt matter when these two teams play throw the books out they both want it bad. Last year Wartburg beat Coalfield for the first time since 2003 13-0 in a shut out.

I heard that a Coalfield player got ejected at Rockwood. Who was it & how many games does he have to sit out? Let the trash talk begin, but lets keep it clean.

Wartburg 24

Coalfield 6

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok lets go ahead & start the chatter about this one. I know Coalfield didnt even start a thread about the Rockwood game last week, must have known what was coming. Now I know both teams are 1-4, but this is a huge rivalry. I believe Wartburg is a much better team than Coalfield, but it doesnt matter when these two teams play throw the books out they both want it bad. Last year Wartburg beat Coalfield for the first time since 2003 13-0 in a shut out.

I heard that a Coalfield player got ejected at Rockwood. Who was it & how many games does he have to sit out? Let the trash talk begin, but lets keep it clean.

Wartburg 24

Coalfield 6

I was at the RW / CF game and diden't see anybody get ejected.(may have missed it) If WB has any speed to get outside the Jackets will go down big again. Looked like coach Webb started subing middle way through the 2nd or they may have put up 70 on CF

Uh oh its rivalry time. No doubt the biggest rivalry in Morgan Co. Everyones been talkin this one up ever since Wartburg beat Coalfield last year. People say it was a fluke, but we will see this Friday. I think Wartburg has the speed and experience advantage over Coalfield, but its always going to be a fight. I'm not going to predict any scores but I'm leaning to Wartburg in this years matchup between the two....cant wait :shock:

I listened to some of Coalfield's game Friday and I heard someone was ejected. I don't know who or why, but I think the rules say the player will have to sit out a game-I think? Take it from someone who's played in this rivalry, it's always a war and usually records can be thrown out when these two meet! Also, like someone said earlier, Coalfield folks have been awfully quiet lately!!

#51 is Austin Hensley. He was ejected for allegedly throwing a punch. He didn't, he was simply pushing a Rockwood player off of him after a punt.

He may play Friday, because Coalfield is appealing the alleged punch.

If he doesn't play, it will hurt Coalfield significantly, considering he leads the team in tackles.

I remember the play now did not know 51 got tossed :roflol: it was a shove to the sholder pad not a punch!!!! I hope the appeal goes through.

batle of THE WARTS an the lumps of coal. who reely cures bout thes gam. we be tha best teem in ta cunty, we are 3 ws an unly 2 Ls. i no ya gunna say we lost ta the lumps of coal. well truth be tat we had sum guys play sick in tat one an a cuple owt injury. also we didn play good tat nite. i hope we play agan in tha play offs. we steel best teem in ta cunty this gam will go to 17 overtims an end wit the Warts actally winnin 6-0 on a fumble return fur a scure.

GEAUX TIGERS

2009 county champos

batle of THE WARTS an the lumps of coal. who reely cures bout thes gam. we be tha best teem in ta cunty, we are 3 ws an unly 2 Ls. i no ya gunna say we lost ta the lumps of coal. well truth be tat we had sum guys play sick in tat one an a cuple owt injury. also we didn play good tat nite. i hope we play agan in tha play offs. we steel best teem in ta cunty this gam will go to 17 overtims an end wit the Warts actally winnin 6-0 on a fumble return fur a scure.

GEAUX TIGERS

2009 county champos

I think this will be the battle for Morgan County. No offense to Oakdale but Sunbright has me riled up. Without a doubt this is the 2 best football programs in the county. I know thats not saying a lot when comparing to Oakdale & Sunbright as the other 2 teams. Even when we were losing in 2a we would have still cleaned house with SB or OD so get over it little man & go pick on one more weakling this friday before you guys have to take your lumps. Punk