Player Stats incorrect in Chattanooga Times Free Press today

CHAMPDDS

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We all know how players will respond to the question "would you like your stats to be in the paper or not?"

All I know is that there are well-respected coaches (respected by myself anyway) in our area who do not submit individual player stats to the press. Only these individual coaches can answer why they choose not to but I assume it is for the reason already stated: I know several coaches who leave their "star" players in against weak opponents to rack up tons of points.

We all know how players will respond to the question "would you like your stats to be in the paper or not?"

All I know is that there are well-respected coaches (respected by myself anyway) in our area who do not submit individual player stats to the press. Only these individual coaches can answer why they choose not to but I assume it is for the reason already stated: I know several coaches who leave their "star" players in against weak opponents to rack up tons of points.

Just curious, what coaches are you pointing your finger at, since you are in the know ?

D :roflol:

I had asked and was told that the TFP takes the stats from the box scores. It is up to the coach (normally the home team coach) to submit the game stats. If this isn't done the stats are not complete. Which is probably why you don't see anyone from Baylor, GPS, Hixson, Soddy, . Y0u can't tell me that Thomas (Baylor) or Wyatt (SD) or others, wouldn't be on the goal list if their coaches kept the TFP up to speed on stats.

I had asked and was told that the TFP takes the stats from the box scores. It is up to the coach (normally the home team coach) to submit the game stats. If this isn't done the stats are not complete. Which is probably why you don't see anyone from Baylor, GPS, Hixson, Soddy, . Y0u can't tell me that Thomas (Baylor) or Wyatt (SD) or others, wouldn't be on the goal list if their coaches kept the TFP up to speed on stats.

I know, but I think it is a shame that the girls are not given credit for playing well, even if it is a skewed system....I personally like to see players, that I know, listed in the post-game summaries, just to see how they are doing at their respective schools from my daughter's select team/etc.....one can argue that the coaches don't like stat posting for whatever reasons, but some may boil down to laziness to provide the paper with the stats in the first place...what harm is there in letting the girls see their name in the paper ?...especially those that may get limited play time, and be deprived of the opportunity of seeing their name listed....Just my opinion of course....

I think it is great that the girls get the pub', but the stats are to be taken with a grain of salt. We've discussed this on keeper stats before, and some of the numbers I see on saves and shots on goal are just unrealistic. It really doesn't matter but don't put a lot into the numbers.

Exactly...Thanks Bean !

I had asked and was told that the TFP takes the stats from the box scores. It is up to the coach (normally the home team coach) to submit the game stats. If this isn't done the stats are not complete. Which is probably why you don't see anyone from Baylor, GPS, Y0u can't tell me that Thomas (Baylor) or others, wouldn't be on the goal list if their coaches kept the TFP up to speed on stats.

That's another reason not to send your kids to those two schools.

Grandmommies and granddaddies care about seeing their offsprings kids name in the paper.

bcb iii :roflol: