Henry Co vs Northeast

kp150150

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX-idiot, I have watched every game this year and last and the last and you say that Shonte has been the QB with us in the I plenty of times. LOL I guess plenty of times is a few short yardage plays probably less thatn 9 plays all season, we scored on many of those plays as the Patriots were on the Goaline in most of the situations. Jay did an excellent job Friday night but I am not sure what he did that you think that Shonte could not have done. He worked the play clock, he took snaps and handed the ball off, he carried out a boot and made a nice throw to an open shaq allen. He made no mistakes that I could see and helped the Patriots win the game, but excuse me for saying this, we are 7-0 with Shonte starting and had Shonte not got hurt the other night, the Patriots still would have won, so waht did McAdams give us, He gave us senior stability at a crucial time when we could have hung our heads when Shonte got hurt. The coaches and team seemed to have plenty of confidence in him.

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX-idiot, I have watched every game this year and last and the last and you say that Shonte has been the QB with us in the I plenty of times. LOL I guess plenty of times is a few short yardage plays probably less thatn 9 plays all season, we scored on many of those plays as the Patriots were on the Goaline in most of the situations. Jay did an excellent job Friday night but I am not sure what he did that you think that Shonte could not have done. He worked the play clock, he took snaps and handed the ball off, he carried out a boot and made a nice throw to an open shaq allen. He made no mistakes that I could see and helped the Patriots win the game, but excuse me for saying this, we are 7-0 with Shonte starting and had Shonte not got hurt the other night, the Patriots still would have won, so waht did McAdams give us, He gave us senior stability at a crucial time when we could have hung our heads when Shonte got hurt. The coaches and team seemed to have plenty of confidence in him.

I thought the same thing when I read his comment about Shonte and the I. We just put the I in a couple games ago, and only ran it a handfull of times with Shonte. Man, how I love seeing the I, and running it down peoples throat. Dont get me wrong, I love the spread too, but the I, you gotta love it when you man up, man against man, and move the ball at will.

Patriot 04 and Redswarm10, we ran the I formation with Shonte as QB plenty of times, and more times than not, we got snuffed out and were forced to punt. The only reason we ran it as much as we did was to run out the clock in the 4th quarter. McCadams had a well-blocked first-down run to move the chains and McFerrin continued to show his presence by plowing his way for 4 yards at a time to also keep the clock running. We didn't do that with Shonte at QB, we would get stuffed on 3rd and 2/3rd and 3. Enter McCadams. Offense suddenly comes alive again, pulls their ears back and shows everyone the hard-nosed HC grind they've shown all year.

Everyone agrees Shonte's a playmaker, and a heck of one at that. Everyone's quick to give Jay the boot when Shonte returns, but fellow HC fans stick with me on this one: Give Jay this next game against Clarksville High, see what he does, and then make your judgement. RedSwarm10 apparently fails to give McCadams a chance with the firsdt team offense, seeing as he HASN'T HAD ONE ALL YEAR. If we watch Jay with the first team, I'm sure we'll see some amazing plays, a fresh morale for our Patriot offense, and the EXPLOSIVENESS that will be brought along with it.

okay, i guess we will see friday night then. I'm not dissing McCadams, i'm proud of the way he came in and handled the situation. As i stated on the Clarksville post, i still expect that the Patriots will come out, fight hard, and do whatever it takes to win. I just believe that Shonte is too good of an athelete to not be our undisputed starter. I'm not saying the QB has to be the best athelete on the team, because that isn't the case, i'm just going with our history, and historically, our best athelete has been the qb and we have fared well that way. If our offense improves with McCadams at the helm, then i will come on here and admit i was wrong and continue supporting the big red no matter who's playing QB. Best of luck to the Pats friday night.

I personally would look for what gives you the best balance; people make good arguments by saying w/ the best athlete at QB your best player touches the ball every play. Also its not a matter of being the leader or not at QB as much in hs football. Does this McCadams kid throw the ball better than Sims and does he manage the offense adequately enough for there not to be a drop-off? If the answer to both of those questions are yes, then Sims could play as a wing/reciever/wildcat or whatever and actually enhance the offense IMHO. Whatever the coach decides to do however, I am sure it will be fine.....

i'm sure we would be fine with McCadams. In fact we'd still probably win out our remaining games with him, because yes, he indeed does throw the football relatively well, he doesn't put as much zip on it as shonte does. but thats to be expected, i've seen shonte throw passes that could have easily gone 55 yds. he just has a great arm. he's also pretty accurate. But the reason i believe we're better off with shonte is just what you said, balance. not only does he give us balance by his ability to pass, but he adds another demension to the offense with his speed and elusiveness when he runs the ball. With McCadams this would be a more conventional, conservative offense, with pounding the rock, and mccadams throwing short to intermediate passes 10-15 times per game, which would work for us, but gaddis likes to mix it up quite a bit. i think we'll be seeing shonte back under center as soon as he gets healthy.

Patriot 04 and Redswarm10, we ran the I formation with Shonte as QB plenty of times, and more times than not, we got snuffed out and were forced to punt. The only reason we ran it as much as we did was to run out the clock in the 4th quarter. McCadams had a well-blocked first-down run to move the chains and McFerrin continued to show his presence by plowing his way for 4 yards at a time to also keep the clock running. We didn't do that with Shonte at QB, we would get stuffed on 3rd and 2/3rd and 3. Enter McCadams. Offense suddenly comes alive again, pulls their ears back and shows everyone the hard-nosed HC grind they've shown all year.

Everyone agrees Shonte's a playmaker, and a heck of one at that. Everyone's quick to give Jay the boot when Shonte returns, but fellow HC fans stick with me on this one: Give Jay this next game against Clarksville High, see what he does, and then make your judgement. RedSwarm10 apparently fails to give McCadams a chance with the firsdt team offense, seeing as he HASN'T HAD ONE ALL YEAR. If we watch Jay with the first team, I'm sure we'll see some amazing plays, a fresh morale for our Patriot offense, and the EXPLOSIVENESS that will be brought along with it.

okay, i guess we will see friday night then. I'm not dissing McCadams, i'm proud of the way he came in and handled the situation. As i stated on the Clarksville post, i still expect that the Patriots will come out, fight hard, and do whatever it takes to win. I just believe that Shonte is too good of an athelete to not be our undisputed starter. I'm not saying the QB has to be the best athelete on the team, because that isn't the case, i'm just going with our history, and historically, our best athelete has been the qb and we have fared well that way. If our offense improves with McCadams at the helm, then i will come on here and admit i was wrong and continue supporting the big red no matter who's playing QB. Best of luck to the Pats friday night.

I personally would look for what gives you the best balance; people make good arguments by saying w/ the best athlete at QB your best player touches the ball every play. Also its not a matter of being the leader or not at QB as much in hs football. Does this McCadams kid throw the ball better than Sims and does he manage the offense adequately enough for there not to be a drop-off? If the answer to both of those questions are yes, then Sims could play as a wing/reciever/wildcat or whatever and actually enhance the offense IMHO. Whatever the coach decides to do however, I am sure it will be fine.....

Well put K38. I couldnt have said it better. I think Shonte is by far the best athlete on this team, but that doesnt make him the best QB. And as far as Jay's arm strength goes, he is very capable of throwing the deep ball. He doesnt have the moves or speed of Shonte but he is not slow by any means. He IS a more accurate passer though. Reguardless of who ends up starting the rest of the year, I trust the coaches to do whats best for the TEAM and give them the best chance at that state title.