10A Hows it looking?

justafan09

Went down to the game tonight at McEwen. Half time foul count Houston County 10 McEwen 2

With 3 minutes to go before the intentional fouls started foul count Houston County 16 McEwen 4

I think thats enough said about that. It speaks for itself Also I would like to say something about the crowds. When I was in school if we had of acted the way the McEwen student section acts we would of been in major trouble. I thought the newspaper reading at the beginning was in poor taste and very low class. The catcalls and foul mouths were terrible during the first half. I dont know about the second half because I moved so as not to hear anymore. The chant at the end of the game was very embarassing to me and the people I was sitting with.When did it become ok for children to act that way? McEwen did not play their best ball tonight and lucky for them neither did Houston County. Truthfully if Houston Co breathed wrong they were called for a foul. and I would say 75% of those calls were made by one ref.

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Went down to the game tonight at McEwen. Half time foul count Houston County 10 McEwen 2

With 3 minutes to go before the intentional fouls started foul count Houston County 16 McEwen 4

I think thats enough said about that. It speaks for itself Also I would like to say something about the crowds. When I was in school if we had of acted the way the McEwen student section acts we would of been in major trouble. I thought the newspaper reading at the beginning was in poor taste and very low class. The catcalls and foul mouths were terrible during the first half. I dont know about the second half because I moved so as not to hear anymore. The chant at the end of the game was very embarassing to me and the people I was sitting with.When did it become ok for children to act that way? McEwen did not play their best ball tonight and lucky for them neither did Houston County. Truthfully if Houston Co breathed wrong they were called for a foul. and I would say 75% of those calls were made by one ref.

So what was the score? I'd have to agree there was their fair share of "tards" at McEwen. It's a shame since they have some good kids and decent team. You'd think if anyone was going to speak up it would be their coach and implore them to be somewhat more classy. I've talked to a couple of their kids before and they aren't punks like those standing over on the sidelines. Would be nice to see things cleaned up a bit at NCS and McEwen. Everywhere else I've been seems fairly mild compared to them.

I think it was 52 - 37 but I am not sure, with 3 minutes to go HC was down by 5. The foul tally is about right. And I agree that one ref called the biggest part of them. My favorite foul was Skelton went in for a layup off a long pass and the Mc kid creamed him, in the process losing his balance and falling to the floor. Roper came in for the put back and I think stepped on the kids foot. Foul was on Roper. They were the only 3 on that end of the floor, everyone could see it. There was alot of backriding under Mc goal too that didnt get called. Now I am not saying HC didnt commit alot of the fouls, but Mc only had 6 entire game? Get real! One ref tried to call it right, one ref didnt do much calling at all, and one ref was calling anything he could, when he wasnt talking to the kids or arguing with the HC crowd. But neither team played very well or could hit. HC did a decent job of stopping the big man, and Tyler and Tanner didnt have their best nights either. If they play like that against WHH tonight, they are beaten.

As for the McEwen stands, e1 in the district knows how they act. Trouble with them at the district tournaments last year in HC. It's a shame they are allowed to act this way I agree. They have good kids there and it's bad that a few pull the rest of them down. As for the team.... it was some of the girls basketball team pretending like they were reading the paper during lineup announcements. Or at least they all had on Mc jerseys, and I know some of them play. Its very poor sportsmanship, but actually they are mostly just ignored.

Heritage never wins big games.The senior PG did not even score last night,I wouldn't be surprised if ER wins tonight.I know Petrone knows the game but in my opinion the kids play too tight for him.They just don't seem to be comfortable shooting the ball,maybe he should be a little more positive,some kids react differently to being yelled at all the time,there is a fine line between having control over your team and letting go enough to instill confidence in your players.

Heritage never wins big games.The senior PG did not even score last night,I wouldn't be surprised if ER wins tonight.I know Petrone knows the game but in my opinion the kids play too tight for him.They just don't seem to be comfortable shooting the ball,maybe he should be a little more positive,some kids react differently to being yelled at all the time,there is a fine line between having control over your team and letting go enough to instill confidence in your players.

10A Consolation Game @ 5:30pm at Jo Byrns

#4 East Robertson Indians vs #2 White House Heritage Patriots

10A Championship Game @ 8:30pm at Jo Byrns

#3 McEwen Warriors vs #1 Clarksville Academy Cougars

My predictions are ER over WHH by 7 and CA over MC by 13.

Clarksville Academy dominated all 3 games in the district tournament. Against jo byrns they were simply to much for the Red Devils to handle. Against East Rob they were the benfeciaries of a horrible coaching decision by theIndians who decided to completely ignore the guards and only focus on Smith. And then finally against McEwen they came out ready to play early and took the Warriors breath away and they werent able to get back in it. McEwen had some success with their press but must have been dog tired after 3 straight games. The Cougars are peaking at the right time and are looking strong. 10A is looking very strong as a whole though and there is a great chance to have two teams from the district in the region final. Good Luck to all in the coming weeks as we look to dominate 9A.

Also the student sections from all had great energy and made it an amazing atmosphere for those players to play in

Clarksville Academy dominated all 3 games in the district tournament. Against jo byrns they were simply to much for the Red Devils to handle. Against East Rob they were the benfeciaries of a horrible coaching decision by theIndians who decided to completely ignore the guards and only focus on Smith. And then finally against McEwen they came out ready to play early and took the Warriors breath away and they werent able to get back in it. McEwen had some success with their press but must have been dog tired after 3 straight games. The Cougars are peaking at the right time and are looking strong. 10A is looking very strong as a whole though and there is a great chance to have two teams from the district in the region final. Good Luck to all in the coming weeks as we look to dominate 9A.

Also the student sections from all had great energy and made it an amazing atmosphere for those players to play in

Hope Clarksville Academy goes all the way.

Now that districts are over whats your picks for the best players from each team?

Does anyone know who they picked for all tournament team? And where can you go to see who got All District if they have announced those names yet? :flower:

Not sure either where to find this, but I have a nephew that attends ER and heard they picked Woodard -of course- and another Sr. Some were surprised of the Sr. as there's a Soph there that has roughly 50 more points and top 10 in District. Think he only had Hon Men before. I've seen 3-4 of their games and you wonder if Woodard would even have 200 pts if he didn't shoot 25-30 times a game, not including he must have 150 FT's this year. Sorry, wish I knew more for you.