Spring Hill vs Fairview

66in74

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No... Spring Hill won 24-9... my buddy said that Fairview's offense didn't score a point...

That would be correct. Spring Hill's defense shut out Fairview.

An inside screen pass got picked off deep in SH territory and Fview ran it in for a score.

Bad snap on a punt resulted in a safety.

Halftime: SH 10; Fview 9.

SH scored 2 TDs in the 3rd Qtr, then went on cruise control.

Great game by the SH defense. :roflolk:

Good win by the Raiders. I underestimated that Fairview squad. I talked to one of their dads at the concession stand last night and he said this week the Jackets were hit with the injury bug. Apparently they played last night without their all state linebacker, I can't remember his name. Also they lost two senior starters. He said at halftime they were playing with 3 freshman on defense. That made me a little concerned going into the 2nd half.

But our staff made the adjustments, and we rolled to a victory. But I would have to say congrats to the Jackets if those statements by the dad were true. Our running game looked oustanding last night. I saw in the paper we almost had 400 yards. But we have to scored TDs when we get in the their territory. Lastly, I remember when we played Giles alot of Raider fans were upset because they felt Giles was running up the score. Well last night we tried the same thing, let the clock run out coach that was classless and teams will remember that down the road. Let's win like we have been there before.

Good win by the Raiders. I underestimated that Fairview squad. I talked to one of their dads at the concession stand last night and he said this week the Jackets were hit with the injury bug. Apparently they played last night without their all state linebacker, I can't remember his name. Also they lost two senior starters. He said at halftime they were playing with 3 freshman on defense. That made me a little concerned going into the 2nd half.

But our staff made the adjustments, and we rolled to a victory. But I would have to say congrats to the Jackets if those statements by the dad were true. Our running game looked oustanding last night. I saw in the paper we almost had 400 yards. But we have to scored TDs when we get in the their territory. Lastly, I remember when we played Giles alot of Raider fans were upset because they felt Giles was running up the score. Well last night we tried the same thing, let the clock run out coach that was classless and teams will remember that down the road. Let's win like we have been there before.

2013, what are you talking about as far as running up the score? :roflolk:

SH got the ball on the last drive with about 3:00 to go with the score at 24-9.

They ran base running plays.

The QB watched the back judge til he started his count before snapping the ball.

The back judge starts his count with 5 seconds to go on the play clock.

Do you want them to just take delay of game penalties?

I am talking about with the clock under a minute. Fairview had one timeout, we had a first down and we did not take a knee. They were subbing their starters out and we continued to run the ball. The last play should of never been ran. We all know it. We can't complain about another team doing it, when we do it ourselves. We are lucky Broc and the guys did not get hurt being in there. You can't justify that. Take a knee, because what it looked like was the coach was looking to punch in a cheap TD at the end.

We had a great game, but to me that ended it on a sour note. If we can run the ball like that and no even complete a pass, we will be scary on offense when we start throwing the ball efficiently. Good game Raiders. I will support the team but I will also voice displeasure when I see something I do not like.

I am talking about with the clock under a minute. Fairview had one timeout, we had a first down and we did not take a knee. They were subbing their starters out and we continued to run the ball. The last play should of never been ran. We all know it. We can't complain about another team doing it, when we do it ourselves. We are lucky Broc and the guys did not get hurt being in there. You can't justify that. Take a knee, because what it looked like was the coach was looking to punch in a cheap TD at the end.

We had a great game, but to me that ended it on a sour note. If we can run the ball like that and no even complete a pass, we will be scary on offense when we start throwing the ball efficiently. Good game Raiders. I will support the team but I will also voice displeasure when I see something I do not like.

We'll have to agree to disagree.

Fairview had 2 timeouts. Really didn't understand why they didn't use them in a 2 score game situation on our last drive. :thumb:

We snapped the ball on our last play (straight dive up the middle) with about 35 seconds left.

The officials set the ball with about 22 seconds left and we didn't have to run another play.

Appreciate the support.............but it sounds like you're just looking for something to complain about. :thumb:

No I am not looking for something to complain about. The majority of our fans compalined about Giles doing the same thing that we tried to do. Fairview clearly had packed it in. Their last drive they put in their backup QB, they had showed they were not trying to win the game at that point. I believe the clock was at 14 seconds the last play we ran and it was running. So why? You can be a homer and defend the coaches all you want but the classy thing to do would be to take a knee and take our victory and move on. I don't blame the boys cause they were doing what they were told, but I blame the coaches.

No I am not looking for something to complain about. The majority of our fans compalined about Giles doing the same thing that we tried to do. Fairview clearly had packed it in. Their last drive they put in their backup QB, they had showed they were not trying to win the game at that point. I believe the clock was at 14 seconds the last play we ran and it was running. So why? You can be a homer and defend the coaches all you want but the classy thing to do would be to take a knee and take our victory and move on. I don't blame the boys cause they were doing what they were told, but I blame the coaches.

:thumb:

Why don't you make an appointment with the Coaching Staff, if you have concerns about how they handled the end of the game? I'm sure they'd discuss it with you.

Imho running iso dive plays w/o throwing the ball or trick plays etc; isn't trying to run up the score.

So I'm moving on............. getting ready to travel to Marshall Co in 2 weeks. :lol:

:thumb:

Why don't you make an appointment with the Coaching Staff, if you have concerns about how they handled the end of the game? I'm sure they'd discuss it with you.

Imho running iso dive plays w/o throwing the ball or trick plays etc; isn't trying to run up the score.

So I'm moving on............. getting ready to travel to Marshall Co in 2 weeks. :lol:

Boy....it seems like I have heard this song from somewhere else......sure is a different breed of fan today.