Lavergne vs. Smyrna(The Battle for Sam Ridely)

Bh09

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lavergne won in 2001. Should be called "The Battle of Who Sucks and Who REALLY Sucks" :thumb:

it was 2000 I finished school in 01 and remember thanking the Lord above we didn't lose my senior year.

Lavergne beat Smyrna at Smyrna in 2001.

Wow okay just to be sure, I called my dad (Coach Shad) and asked him to be sure... it was actually 1999 AT LaVergne.... It was the 12th game between the teams since the schools split and I'm pretty sure he wouldn't be wrong about that as he was coaching the game. :thumb: Also just to be sure I checked LaVergne Football scores from 99, 00, and 01 and here they are in order:

99' - No score given but LaVergne shows a "W"

00' - Smyrna 21 LaVergne 0

01' - Smyrna 28 LaVergne 13

Here is the website I got the info from if you want to double check my homework.....

http://www.hsfdatabase.com/tn_lavergne2000.htm

Good luck Bulldogs!!!!!!

Lavergne won in 2001. Should be called "The Battle of Who Sucks and Who REALLY Sucks" :rolleyes:

it was 2000 I finished school in 01 and remember thanking the Lord above we didn't lose my senior year.

Lavergne beat Smyrna at Smyrna in 2001.

Lavergne beat smyrna at lavergne in october of 1999. jason oliver was the quarterback for smyrna, mario taylor was the tailback. taylor had 6 fumbles in the game, 5 lost, 2 went for tds i think (i know 1 did for sure). Jason Olver also turned the ball over on an option play that was returned for a touchdown. Donnie Lowe provided 95% of the offense for lavergne. he was a one man wrecking crew. lavergne won the game 28-0. need any other details boroballer?

Congrats to the players, coaches, fans and most of all the seniors. Cody dressing out tonight was an inspirational addition. They played and coached a complete game tonight. No let downs. Some stupid penalties that kept LaVergne's scoring drive alive. Gave up a few big plays. But came up with the turnover when we needed it. Overall impressive. Defense set the tone. Offense kept thier foot on the gas pedal all night. Great win. Go dawgs!!!!!

Smyrna wins a close one! Good luck to both! :roflol:

"Close one" don't think so. 32-8....2 safeties and Lavergne scored their td in the 4th qtr I believe.

It was great to see the defense get back on track after two slipups giving up a 14 point lead and a 20 point lead against Ensworth and Riverdale. Take care of business against Ravenwood, and gear up for a playoff game in week 10.