jackson co host clay co

05pg

He better develop a jump shot is all i can say otherwise he won't be doing much against JC on the hardwood bro. Now on the football field, we have NO ONE that could catch him in a foot race that much is for certain. JC also lost a huge asset in Jaret Goad at QB so the playing field is leveled. If Goad was at QB it would be JC in a landslide but now its anyones game. Depends on which team shows up for JC. The one that played at G'ville or the one that got beat down against Monterey? Who knows at this point. JC is going to win 4 games this year against teams that have a combined record of 3 wins and 21 losses. The only way they get to 5 wins is to beat Clay. No way they beat Watertown in the season finale so if they are going to have a 500 season they have to win friday night. We'll see what happens.... :popcorneater:

midten bro you need to win a few games agaisnt teams that are at least kinda good before you say jackson is going to kill anybody maybe you missed the last two years games between this two teams no maybe the last thirty years your record isnt to hot but anyways you wouldnt have beat clay with goad and know your going to use him as a excuss after you lose this game a few weeks ago you were prasing this new qb as being as good if not better than your old one i guess the reality struck after montery spanked you good luck in b-ball cause your football season is over

You better check your references dawg boy. I never said he was better than Goad, now some others might have but not me. Now Allen isn't bad either he is pretty darn good and if the defense does its job then JC will win by 2 touchdowns. Clay is not that good but neither are we. and your right football is over for us and for Clay Co. too but after tonight atleast we can say we beat you and if we are as weak as you say we are what will that say about your dawgs? :thumb:

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i dont know what your talking about buddy clay is in the playoffs with a win over pickett next week see we beat the team that kicked your behind last week clays season is far from over you on the other hand better be working on your free throws and lay ups cause thats the only post season jackson will ever see

i dont know what your talking about buddy clay is in the playoffs with a win over pickett next week see we beat the team that kicked your behind last week clays season is far from over you on the other hand better be working on your free throws and lay ups cause thats the only post season jackson will ever see

Didn't realize Clay Co was a powerhouse in football. How many championships have they won?

they have been in more playoffs than you have wins over the last 30 years clay went to playoffs for 21 straight years thats in the past but before you start running your mouth maybe you should have a decent tradition of footballl jackson hasnt been in the playoffs since 1996

The team that plays the most physical and wants it the most wins the game, Period! No need for lots of dissing of each other. It is a rivalry game and both teams should want the win. The worse the names are that either calls the other only makes the one who wins look as if they haven't accomplished much. It should be fun and probably very messy if the rain gets here by kickoff.

JC just spanked Clay by 28! I predicted 30 so I got close! JC didn't start well but finished strong. Godwin fumbled in the rain an gave Clay a short field and Clay made them pay with a TD. However JC came back and scored to go up 7 6 and it seemed once Allen threw the long TD to Godwin to put JC up 13 6 Clay just couldn't get anything going. It was a much needed win for this team and one that hopefully we can build on! Its been several years since JC has beaten Clay Co like this. On a different subject we all hope the young man from Clay Co that got hurt makes a fast recovery. Never want to see any of these kids get hurt.

Congrats to the Jackson County players and coaches. You played a great ball game. Even though you made mistakes Clay wasn't good enough to capitalize on them. That's the best JC squad I've seen in a couple of years. Good job by Loftis to get the roundball kids out there. No excuses from the Bulldog fans this week. We got whooped fair and square. Your team wanted it more and thats that. Clay wanted it until they scored 6 and I guess they thought that would win it. They quit blocking after that. I don't know that they tackled at any point. Once again, congrats JC hopefully you can get to 5 and 5 with wins over Pickett and RBS and be bowl eligible or maybe even a wildcard. Good Luck.

It is about time the Blue Devils saw some results for keeping their nose to the grindstone all season. This team is resiliant if anything and now has a chance to still make the playoffs as a wild card. The win this week was sweet as it had been 2006 since the Blue Devils last beat their rival Clay County (22-6 on the road that year).

The TSSAA website now has the wild card playoff senarios posted and in Class2-A 24 teams go and a careful study shows appoximately 18 teams will qualify by automatic bid leaving 6 at large spots. Jackson County is currently 8th among those teams fighting for those 6 spots. One thing is certain, if Jackson County wins out they will make the playoffs, while 5-5 could put them in, in the right senario.

I say all that to say the team must take it one game at a time and fight as hard as they can to beat a good Red Boiling Springs team this Friday. If they take care of business and go one game at a time this could be the best season at JCHS in over 20 years, record-wise anyway. It will not be easy but then nothing is ever easy here, at a non-traditional football school playing in the state's toughest region. But the team that prides itself on no excuses still has a chance and this late in the season that's a new experience here.