1A Mr. Football

MOTO24

Another thing that tells me he's legit is the way he ran the ball against Trousdale last year.Wasn't too many kids that ran the ball on them. He's definately a candidate.

So how many yards did he have vs. TC last yr pujo? :roflol:

135 yrs i do beleave because someone was wanting to bet the farm the whole team would'nt get a hundred help me moto what was stat's on lk aginst TC last year

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

135 yrs i do beleave because someone was wanting to bet the farm the whole team would'nt get a hundred help me moto what was stat's on lk aginst TC last year

I believe we were talking about Terrell from SP. Not LK, wake up.

LK had 123 yards on 22 carries and 1 TD.

Kennon Holder, hands down. Take into account also that he pretty much splits carries due to their offense. If he carried the ball every down he might have 2000 yds and as someone mentioned earlier, those yards have come against some good teams, to name a few:,

1.Milan (number 2 in 3A)

2. Union City (top 5 1A)

3. Camden (top 5 3A)

Unless SP or JB gets knocked before the finals, we will be the only team to face both. I can say with much certainty they are both easily the front runners.

Now the breakdown.

Robinson is a very accurate passer with a big time arm. I wasn't overly impressed with him on the defensive side of the ball, but offensively he's a stud. The downside is, he plays for South Pitt who is LOADED with talent. I think if he went down they'd have someone else immediately step in and not miss a beat.

LK on the other hand, is the Jo Byrns offense. No offense to 34, but for two straight seasons this kid has put a team on his back and carried them further than they have ever been. Ya, you can say weaker competition, but every team they have played knew coming in they had to stop 44 to win. You know what, nobody has. He is averaging over 10 yards a carry when teams are constantly putting 9 guys in the box. He just flat runs over them. Based on last years playoff run and this years season, he gets the nod in my book.

No offense taken 11, LK knows that our team and fans fully support him and hopes that his achievements are recognized by at the very least a Mr. Football Finalist nod. I think that he is awesome and deserves the attention. 34, was only a sophmore last year and did very well for himself to be so young, even in the championship game he scored the first touchdown for the red and white. He performed beautifully during the season until LK was at full strength after an ankle injury slowed him down in the middle of the season. I think that Cascade players and fans can remember very well that 34 can handle the ball. That being said he is only a junior and has hopefully one heck of a senior year to look forward to next year after having to spend the early part of this season on the sidelines due to injury. He should be back this week raring to go and ready to lighten the burden for LK, on defense especially. That being said there is no one more deserving of the award than LK on the field or off the field he is a fine young man. Others I know, are just as deserving but if you compare Mr. football to the NFL MVP then there is no other person who means more to the success of their team than LK, He is the face of Jo Byrns Football right know and thanks to the rest of the team that makes LK look so great.

Unless SP or JB gets knocked before the finals, we will be the only team to face both. I can say with much certainty they are both easily the front runners.

Now the breakdown.

Robinson is a very accurate passer with a big time arm. I wasn't overly impressed with him on the defensive side of the ball, but offensively he's a stud. The downside is, he plays for South Pitt who is LOADED with talent. I think if he went down they'd have someone else immediately step in and not miss a beat.

LK on the other hand, is the Jo Byrns offense. No offense to 34, but for two straight seasons this kid has put a team on his back and carried them further than they have ever been. Ya, you can say weaker competition, but every team they have played knew coming in they had to stop 44 to win. You know what, nobody has. He is averaging over 10 yards a carry when teams are constantly putting 9 guys in the box. He just flat runs over them. Based on last years playoff run and this years season, he gets the nod in my book.

No offense taken 11, LK knows that our team and fans fully support him and hopes that his achievements are recognized by at the very least a Mr. Football Finalist nod. I think that he is awesome and deserves the attention. 34, was only a sophmore last year and did very well for himself to be so young, even in the championship game he scored the first touchdown for the red and white. He performed beautifully during the season until LK was at full strength after an ankle injury slowed him down in the middle of the season. I think that Cascade players and fans can remember very well that 34 can handle the ball. That being said he is only a junior and has hopefully one heck of a senior year to look forward to next year after having to spend the early part of this season on the sidelines due to injury. He should be back this week raring to go and ready to lighten the burden for LK, on defense especially. That being said there is no one more deserving of the award than LK on the field or off the field he is a fine young man. Others I know, are just as deserving but if you compare Mr. football to the NFL MVP then there is no other person who means more to the success of their team than LK, He is the face of Jo Byrns Football right know and thanks to the rest of the team that makes LK look so great.

I agree, but come 4th or 5th round in the play-offs when JBS is not as ahtletic as those teams, LK is the 1 that will be the equalizer.....

I believe we were talking about Terrell from SP. Not LK, wake up.[/quote

well you might have been but i was'nt,,someone ask how many yard's lk got in championship game :mrgreen:

Kennon Holder, hands down. Take into account also that he pretty much splits carries due to their offense. If he carried the ball every down he might have 2000 yds and as someone mentioned earlier, those yards have come against some good teams, to name a few:,

1.Milan (number 2 in 3A)

2. Union City (top 5 1A)

3. Camden (top 5 3A)

I agree with you..Against these teams..I believe he should be hands down the favorite because of the competition..And Westview is no slough and West Carrol has been having a good season..But the 3 teams you named alone should have him the front runner.

Pujo your'e right, Montrell had 1 heck of a game at TC. Did any of the boys at Hampton go off to school last year? When we played Hampton in 07,14 seemed to be a real hardnosed player. And big 77 could have played somewhere it seems.Any players this year deserving of college looks?And it would seem to be way too many winners of the Mr.Football award,if you would include all classes linemen and backs.

Does anyone know if they are giving 6 Mr. Football's, or 12? Is it going to be a single back and lineman for the regular season classifications, or is each playoff class going to give the two awards?

They should go 12, so more of these boys have a better resume for college. It would be more press coverage, which is good. Plus they were already doing 7 classes backs and linemaen, counting Div 2 privates,and a kicker. Thats 15 right there. How do these boys get nominated? Who picks the winner?