Blue Ridge Atheletic Conference

Congratulations Lady Devils on a BIG win...

Yes and well deserved...I seem to remember a quote from you earlier this year on another thread that went something like this...

”I'm pretty sure we're gonna be watching SG girls beat the fire-snot out of us this year too!!” – Barb on the West Greene vs. Greeneville football forum earlier this year.

Don't feel bad Barb. You are one of many that underestimated this year’s team. As I have been predicting for a number of years, this year our girls are the total package – a real TEAM - and that’s why they will continue to do well.

I don't believe i said anything about feeling bad....

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

COACHING!!!!!

As you look at this game and evaluat you have to look at a few things. The first thing I want people to see is the no quit attitude of the Lady Devils. They were down by 9 points and then 11 points at two different times. The second thing to look at is execution. These ladies executed well on breaking the press of south greene and executing on their free throws. The third thing I want to look at is the coaching of both teams. The three coaches of the lady devils did a good job of using their talent and putting them in position to come out on top. Without great teachable kids then good coaches would not exist. Greeneville has some great kids on their team and some good coaches. Congratulations Lady Devils on a well earned victory!

I agree that this years Lady Devils are not of the same caliber as the teams the past 4 years have been...not even close actually...That being said, this team does have talent and is one of the better defensive teams I have seen so far this year, but they really need to get more consistant on the offensive end of the floor though...Round 1 goes to the Lady Devils, but Round 2 counts just as much and is going to be another great game I am sure...SG is only going to improve as the season continues and I still look for the Lady Rebels to make another trip to the Boro this year as I believe they are going to "peak" at the right time of the year-Tournament time.

CD beat Grainger to death last night! White was on fire again and poured it on the grizzlies all night! They may make some noise in the conference before this year is over!!!

Congratulations Lady Devils on a BIG win...

Yes and well deserved...I seem to remember a quote from you earlier this year on another thread that went something like this...

”I'm pretty sure we're gonna be watching SG girls beat the fire-snot out of us this year too!!” – Barb on the West Greene vs. Greeneville football forum earlier this year.

Don't feel bad Barb. You are one of many that underestimated this year’s team. As I have been predicting for a number of years, this year our girls are the total package – a real TEAM - and that’s why they will continue to do well.

This year's TEAM may be the worst Lady Devil team in twenty years. Last night was a BIG win for the Devils. Greeneville's physicality will win them games. They beat people around and the new BRAC teams aren't use to it... yet. Greeneville will have to get by South Greene atleast two more times maybe more. If South Greene can match their physicality then their speedier, more athletic team will win. Greeneville better be glad they are out of the IMAC this year because they'd be minor speed bumps for West, Sevier Co. and Cocke Co.

Bud, as you may have already figured out, I definitely disagree with your first statement but time will tell as I think they are just blooming and definitely haven't peaked yet. My point is that this year Greeneville has a different dynamic...no one person is going to be able to be keyed in on to stop them. They are strong overall and are all a threat from anywhere on the floor. That's the team concept I am referring to.

And physicality? Seriously? The whistle blew everytime someone even thought about fouling last night. (on both sides of the ball) And to say that the BRAC teams aren't used to physicality is hilarious. SG are the reigning queens of rough play (and colorful language :thumb: ) Regardless, I'm looking forward to a few more matchups and as far as MoWest is concerned, everybody is just a speed bump, don't know that much about Sevier Co. and I guess we will see about Cocke County later this season.

Bud, as you may have already figured out, I definitely disagree with your first statement but time will tell as I think they are just blooming and definitely haven't peaked yet. My point is that this year Greeneville has a different dynamic...no one person is going to be able to be keyed in on to stop them. They are strong overall and are all a threat from anywhere on the floor. That's the team concept I am referring to.

And physicality? Seriously? The whistle blew everytime someone even thought about fouling last night. (on both sides of the ball) And to say that the BRAC teams aren't used to physicality is hilarious. SG are the reigning queens of rough play (and colorful language :thumb: ) Regardless, I'm looking forward to a few more matchups and as far as MoWest is concerned, everybody is just a speed bump, don't know that much about Sevier Co. and I guess we will see about Cocke County later this season.

I still don't think you're understanding what I'm saying. If you match up this years team with teams of the past from Greeneville, this years team would lose most of those games. I never said they won't be successful this year. As far as physicality, South Greene is rough. That's all. They aren't as strong as Greeneville. When Greeneville gets rough back, this year, they're stonger. And South Greene is the only team in the BRAC that can match that. West Greene and Chuckey Doak couldn't match that. The Lady Devils haven't impressed me this year. But hey, maybe I've just been acustomed to GREAT Lady Devil teams the last few years.

• 3 weeks later...

Thank you for recognizing! Again I say, different conference, less powerful teams (so this is what some think) and they are in third place, they are a serious joke this year. The plan backfire as to think you were going to be able to do something different this year. They are back to the same level they were before they had a great run in the IMAC conference. This currenet team would getting slaughtered in the IMAC this year. FACTS ARE FACTS! DEAL WITH IT!!!!

Lady Devils! What a joke... you go to a different conference and this is all you can give us?

Yeah, you're right...4-0 in the conference is hilarious! :ph34r: Might want to think about changing your screen name with comments like that...with fans like you, the Lady Devils sure don't need any detractors...nice, really...

Thank you for recognizing! Again I say, different conference, less powerful teams (so this is what some think) and they are in third place, they are a serious joke this year. The plan backfire as to think you were going to be able to do something different this year. They are back to the same level they were before they had a great run in the IMAC conference. This currenet team would getting slaughtered in the IMAC this year. FACTS ARE FACTS! DEAL WITH IT!!!!

Lady Devils! What a joke... you go to a different conference and this is all you can give us?

Yeah, you're right...4-0 in the conference is hilarious! :bored: Might want to think about changing your screen name with comments like that...with fans like you, the Lady Devils sure don't need any detractors...nice, really...

What planet are you living on??? Are you sure you are not confusing the girls with the boys? The Lady Devils are #1 and undefeated in their new BRAC Conference. And I think South Greene might take exception to being called "weak". Are you perhaps meaning "classification" instead of "conference"? If so, the only other AA teams to beat the Lady Devils are Elizabethton, who GHS has played twice and are split 1-1 and Unicoi in a close game at the Landair Classic very early in the season. (Two VERY good teams!) The GHS girls' only other losses are to Oak Ridge (AAA) and Cosby, VA (AAA and who BTW had 3 Div. 1 Signees and GHS only lost by 3)

MW and Cocke County are having their way in the IMAC (AAA) this year as they did LAST year as well. MW will make everyone look shabby this year as they are JUST THAT GOOD. This year's Lady Devils have shown flashes of brilliance one night and then implode the next...they have got to start being consistent. If they can start playing with confidence and have some consistency, they will give Cocke County (IMAC AAA out of conference game) a run for their money next week. If not, the henhouse may indeed turn into a slaughterhouse. We will know on Thursday evening.

Hope some of this resonates with you as I am trying to give you the benefit of the doubt since your screen name "implies" that you are an actual GHS fan... :ph34r: