Blue Ridge Atheletic Conference

WMTN, you guys do a great job of reporting your conference but i am having trouble getting Big 8 on a timely basis as they seem to be about 3-5 days behind and I have trouble getting in to TC site. do upi have a news organization I might be able to get more timely information in the upper East Tennessee area as there are many who would like information in the area.

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WMTN, you guys do a great job of reporting your conference but i am having trouble getting Big 8 on a timely basis as they seem to be about 3-5 days behind and I have trouble getting in to TC site. do upi have a news organization I might be able to get more timely information in the upper East Tennessee area as there are many who would like information in the area.

The main news source I always used for the Big 8 was tricitiessports.com. However, it is a subscription site. So, I guess it boils down to how bad you want that information. You can also check the websites for the Johnson City Press and Kingsport Times News.

I am actually surprised the Big 8 doesn't have more support on this website with their scores and such. I know the Science Hill and Dobyns-Bennett people try to keep their stuff up to date.

And all the credit for the stuff I post goes to other people. Coaches and media outlets all over help me gather the information to keep the District II, AAA, scores and schedules accurate.

Haywood,

The Morristown West/South Greene game has been scratched again. Morristown West is having to play a make-up home game with Sevier County on Thursday night. I think SG may have a make-up that night as well. The two teams are looking at playing next Thursday, Feb. 11. However, nothing is even close to official on that at the moment.

Thanks for the information. With bad weather in the forcast, I'm wondering if our other two games will be played this week as well.

For anyone who hasn't heard and is interested. The South Greene Lady Rebels defeated Greeneville Lady Devils last night 57-45.

However, Greeneville played without standout post player Samantha Fender.

True Panther...we really missed Sam and her rebounding not to mention her customary 12-18 points! But I was impressed with how well the Lady Devils played, especially sophomore guard Betsy Shaw. She stepped in, kept her composure and played GREAT!

Three of our starters had 3 fouls going into the 2nd half. (End of the 1st half GHS 8 team fouls / SG 3 team fouls, if that gives you any indication of the theme of the evening) Heck, Brianna got one foul for just thinking about fouling Rechelle and another for being on the floor and a SG player pretty much sitting on her head. Her other 2 fouls...well, she kinda made them really count and were SO deserved. :hungry: (somebody must've messed with her hair, ha!)

It was a VERY exciting game and was nip and tuck until the last 4 minutes...the GHS girls pretty much had their hands tied with the foul trouble and also just flat ran out of gas and left their best 3 pt. shooters wide open 3 times and they did NOT miss! Rematch at the tournament, I'm sure...it will be a great one...can't wait!

However, Greeneville played without standout post player Samantha Fender.

True Panther...we really missed Sam and her rebounding not to mention her customary 12-18 points! But I was impressed with how well the Lady Devils played, especially sophomore guard Betsy Shaw. She stepped in, kept her composure and played GREAT!

Three of our starters had 3 fouls going into the 2nd half. (End of the 1st half GHS 8 team fouls / SG 3 team fouls, if that gives you any indication of the theme of the evening) Heck, Brianna got one foul for just thinking about fouling Rechelle and another for being on the floor and a SG player pretty much sitting on her head. Her other 2 fouls...well, she kinda made them really count and were SO deserved. :thumb: (somebody must've messed with her hair, ha!)

It was a VERY exciting game and was nip and tuck until the last 4 minutes...the GHS girls pretty much had their hands tied with the foul trouble and also just flat ran out of gas and left their best 3 pt. shooters wide open 3 times and they did NOT miss! Rematch at the tournament, I'm sure...it will be a great one...can't wait!

This was probably the best game I have seen all season. Greeneville did play very well. They showed us why they were undefeated in the conference. South Greene also had a very good game and showed just how good they can be. Ansley Ricker had a bad game. She has been scoring 3 and 4 threes a game, but was having trouble all around. She air-balled one three and the student section of Greeneville began screaming air-ball every time she had the ball. I think this really throwed her off and upset her. That's just part of it though, and hopefully she will learn to close her ears.

I agree there were bad calls made, however, I don't think it would have changed the outcome. I like to watch the teams play and when the refs start calling every hand check it starts getting old. This has been going on all season though.

What was the technical all about, I missed that somehow. It was called on Greeneville's coach, right? Can anyone clear that up for me?

Again...awesome game. I wish they could all be that much fun. I'm also glad that the fans behaved themselves.

Lady Devils! What a joke... you go to a different conference and this is all you can give us?

This joke just gets funnier every time I hear it ... :D:D:thumb:

Congrats to the "mediocre", "worst Lady Devil Team in 20 years", "gonna get the fire-snot beat out of us" Greeneville Lady Devils for their winning the conference finishing 9-1. What's really bad about most if not all of these quotes is that they come from our own faithless so-called "fans."

The Lady Devils are almost back to 100% healthy, meshing as a team at just the right time - tournament time!

Lady Devils! What a joke... you go to a different conference and this is all you can give us?

This joke just gets funnier every time I hear it ... :thumb::D:D

Congrats to the "mediocre", "worst Lady Devil Team in 20 years", "gonna get the fire-snot beat out of us" Greeneville Lady Devils for their winning the conference finishing 9-1. What's really bad about most if not all of these quotes is that they come from our own faithless so-called "fans."

The Lady Devils are almost back to 100% healthy, meshing as a team at just the right time - tournament time!

:D Couldn't agree more fan...except for a small correction - conference record is 11-1. As a parent of one of those mediocre/jokes/worst team members, it's nice to see some vindication...

Great, solid win tonight on the road at Cumberland Gap and I also heard that SG got beat by CD... :D looking forward to the tournament!

YOU FOOLISH PEOPLE! YOU ARE IN A TOTALLY DIFFERENT CONFERENCE. THE PREVIOUS TEAMS WOULD HAVE WON A STATE CHAMPIONSHIP IN THIS CONFERENCE. FOOLISH, FOOLISH, FOOLISH!!!! BY THE WAY THEY ARE STILL A JOKE! LOL, LOL, LOL!!!!!

My daughter has had the privilege of playing on the last 4 Lady Devil Teams. They have ALL been excellent! This one is as good and maybe better in overall strength of the starting 5. There is no superstar, no go-to girl...they are all solid and that is why, I believe, ghsbballfan says they have a better "team" concept this year. And yes, they may have had a chance at a State Championship in AA over the years...but they would've had to get past South Greene (who they could not and did not beat last year) and many other excellent Knoxville AA teams. AA Basketball is much tougher in some respects as many of the smaller schools, especially in the larger cities, focus solely on basketball. This team has no choice but to play the hand they are dealt with the school's choice on playing in our correct classification. However, if you will check our very difficult out of conference schedule, you will see that this team has held it's own with all the AAA teams they have played. (one 4A team from VA as well) They played Cocke Co. (IMAC AAA) very well earlier this season and have a great great shot of beating them on the 12th. The only team in their former conference that they would have a tough time coming close to would be Morristown West. And barring a major injury, no one will beat them in this area this year.

I personally resent you calling my kid a joke which is what you do when you call the team a joke. She has worked hard, overcome an injury that would have forced many kids to quit and will be continuing her basketball career at a NCAA Div. II school next year. Don't think they would offer this kind of scholarship to a "joke". This team has a great work ethic and is proud to defend and continue the Lady Devil tradition. If you are truly a fan as your screen name suggests, how about a little encouragement instead of dissing? Because your ignorance of our schedule strength is making you the one that looks foolish.