Who has the best facilities?

Watson

Since everyone is looking for more to talk about on here, this is always a favorite topic.....

As more schools are getting their own fields (we here at Ravenwood now have our own field and are in the process of doing a lot of things to make it top shelf - sound system, dugouts, etc...) who has the best facility to play at?

I'll start it off by saying that the Greater Cleveland Soccer Complex where Cleveland High plays their games is an unreal facility. The field is huge, has a wonderful surface, they have international dugouts, they have an announcers booth at half line, and many other things. It is an awesome place to play.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Briarcrest just put in a new facility that has locker rooms, a press box with sound system, and covered seating areas for the coach/players! It was dedicated a few weeks ago. :popcorneater:

The field is regulation size with expansive area of grass surrounding the field to keep players safe from injury when the ball goes out of bounds. There are several fields here in Memphis where a track surrounds the soccer field and is only a few feet away from the sidelines...causing risk of injury when a ball goes out of bounds and the player is running full speed.

Baylor - primo

GPS field is nice

CAK has a nice facility.

Bearden is very nice with a new "fieldhouse".

Oak Ridge is nice (big field), nice permanent stands.

Webb has maybe the best playing surface in the Knoxville area.

I think you pretty much nailed it.

I can say for CAK, that Coach Pharr has done an OUTSTANDING job on our field since he has been here. He is amazing.

I would like to do something to the bench side of our pitch, either with the same bench covers that Oak Ridge has, or something more permanent like CCS.

Over the past 6 years I have watched a lot. It seems now that Briarcrest has one, if not thee, nicest facility in the state. Pitch is great, perimeter is wide, ability to shift the field left to right to accommodate for wear. Grass is sweet. Stadium bleachers do not look into the sun. Ample parking. THey just put up a nice structure for dugouts for players with a press tower. Only flaw I noticed that when one stands in the press tower, they cannot see the two closest corners...seems no one learns this lesson.

Harpeth Hall's facility is very nice. Field turf.

Baylor has a great facility as stated above

BGA's soccer field is in great shape thanks to Mother Nature. Needs better facilities for spectators.

Brentwood High has a nice soccer only field and has shelters for the benches

Ravenwood - Nice soccer only field

Ensworth - Great facility but no lights