leading scorers?

ChArGeR2

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I heard of another sophomore girl in East Tennessee who scored over 50 goals last year. Not heard anything on her stats this year. I think that her situation was the same (scored over 90% of her teams' goals). I think it's very uncommon, but it is possible. I have followed girls' high school soccer in the northeast the past few years and have only seen a handful of girls score over 100 goals up there in 2 years. Definitely quite a feat!

cmon people...you're thinking one thing and saying another...the girls i know that are odp level scores only score close to 50 goals if...

A. the schedule is weak

and

B. the coach allows them to run it up

there is no reason to beat a team 10-0....13-0........8-0.....

I'm so tired of watching coaches run it up or don't have the class to:

put in other with a chance to score

teach your kids to knock it around then after 20 passes the only way you are allowed to score is on a header......

i know a team this year that's ranked as a top scoring team yet they ran up 17 goals on a team that is barely a team of breathing individuals....whats worse is i think 11-13 of the goals were scored by their starting forwards!!!

not taking away from girls ability or he she is as a person but my daughter in not even a leading scorer but could be but in games like that she intentionally lookes for the girls who has never scored to help her get that goal...if she shoots she will intentionally miss as to not run up the score....

we all know there are 50-100 girls on high level private and AAA teams that if moved to smaller teams in smaller divisions could run it up if allowed....

i'm ready for your bombardment. :thumb:

cmon people...you're thinking one thing and saying another...the girls i know that are odp level scores only score close to 50 goals if...

A. the schedule is weak

and

B. the coach allows them to run it up

there is no reason to beat a team 10-0....13-0........8-0.....

I'm so tired of watching coaches run it up or don't have the class to:

put in other with a chance to score

teach your kids to knock it around then after 20 passes the only way you are allowed to score is on a header......

i know a team this year that's ranked as a top scoring team yet they ran up 17 goals on a team that is barely a team of breathing individuals....whats worse is i think 11-13 of the goals were scored by their starting forwards!!!

not taking away from girls ability or he she is as a person but my daughter in not even a leading scorer but could be but in games like that she intentionally lookes for the girls who has never scored to help her get that goal...if she shoots she will intentionally miss as to not run up the score....

we all know there are 50-100 girls on high level private and AAA teams that if moved to smaller teams in smaller divisions could run it up if allowed....

i'm ready for your bombardment. :blush:

I need someone new to pick on so I guess you're it.

KIDDING!!!!!!! :thumb:

AGREE 100 % and to prove your point, my daughter is a defender and has rarely scored from the field and only a few assists, but in last year's Senior game each senior was allowed to score one goal and all 8 did. May not be pretty on the score sheet, but 8 girls graduated with their name in the newspaper and in the record books. How many could the team have scored, 50, but we played that team once or twice in the past 5 years and we didn't ask for the game. In 2006, her team scored 134 goals in 25 games and only had 2 scored on them, a state record. They were undefeated and won State and a perfect season. Nobody scored 50 goals and we are talking about going all the way from preseason to the real end. I think if you look at individual records, you will not see the records from the powerhouse schools, IMO, because they play too difficult a schedule. Didn't look, so correct if needed.

I do have an honest question.

Why is a great basketball game 114 to 91.

Why is a great baseball game 12 to 0? Pitcher gets a ride on shoulders.

Why is a great football game TN 56, Miami 3? (That's for canes, he must be ill or is now).

Why is soccer the only sport that gets ugly when you stomp the opponent? Racers go faster, golfers

shoot lower, tennis tries to win all sets.

In all but soccer, it's the American Ride. :thumb:

I think basketball and football can have the same debate as soccer. Baseball, there isn't really anything special you can work on except like situational hitting and stuff like that.

In distance running, there can be some degree of this. I've been in the position where I'm pretty far up on the field, and it actually affects my adrenaline and sense of urgency. I'm less likely to go anywhere near my best performance way out in front. Competition always brings out the best in runners, and in soccer situations it is likely very similar.

I do have an honest question.

Why is a great basketball game 114 to 91.

Why is a great baseball game 12 to 0? Pitcher gets a ride on shoulders.

Why is a great football game TN 56, Miami 3? (That's for canes, he must be ill or is now).

Why is soccer the only sport that gets ugly when you stomp the opponent? Racers go faster, golfers

shoot lower, tennis tries to win all sets.

In all but soccer, it's the American Ride. :roflol:

I think the real question is this: At what competitive level is it ok to blowout your opponent without being accused of being unsportsmanlike, an ogre, or a generally bad person? I watched a U10 select game last weekend with a score of 15-0 and the winning coach never letting up the gas. My opinion is that this is not appropriate and goes against the mission of most clubs, including my own. I see no problem, though, with the same score at the high school level. A high school AD chooses to field a team and it becomes the school's responsibility to field a competitive team. I think this is true in all sports. I am of the mindset that the teenage years should be spent preparing to be an adult. Losing 9-0 or 12-1 is a great life-lesson. There are going to be times in life when they are going to feel down 8-0. Mommy or Daddy or Coach is not going to be there to shelter them from the situation.

Kat N. 103 HS Career Goals and 58 Assists as a Junior MIDFIELDER.

i don't know if the person who previously posted this was a yeah or nea but kat is a perfect example of a crazy good high level player that even with her talent has 100 goals currently over 3 years or 33 avg per year. that sounds reasonable and i know against some weak teams she could score 10 in a game if allowed.

congrats kat and keep it going...

Kat N. 103 HS Career Goals and 58 Assists as a Junior MIDFIELDER.

i don't know if the person who previously posted this was a yeah or nea but kat is a perfect example of a crazy good high level player that even with her talent has 100 goals currently over 3 years or 33 avg per year. that sounds reasonable and i know against some weak teams she could score 10 in a game if allowed.

congrats kat and keep it going...

If your talking about the National Team player from LA, then I can tell you first hand, the games that I watched, she could have scored easy 10 goals a game, but she continued to pass the ball to her teammates. This is one player we will be watching on TV for years to come. GREAT SPORTMANSHIP, GREAT PLAYER !