Gordonsville vs Watertown

pasttiger

G-ville dont have the heart that Watertown Tigers have this year, We have lost to 2 good teams this year ,F-ship and WhiteHouse Heritage both only have one loss apeice . F-ship lost to the State Champs TC and White house lost to JoByrns the state runner ups who r still underfeated. And all four teams are ranked in the top 10 in the state. Blaze was on fire last year and we give him many props but we are better this year and more balance with the skill people that we have now. RB Holycross has average at lest 200 plus yards per game before the friendship Game and we are a Spread Passing Team. When ever you hit Gville in the mouth they Laydown and play Heartless.But they will be a State Contender the next 3yrs along With Watertown, we are coming for that Gold Ball ! Dont play- N Da-WATER ! Pure redemption after taking a Whooping from friendship. WHS wins by 21

Actually, WHH got creamed by Forrest last week. Obviously not as good as first thought.

Did the G-ville Qb from a couple of years ago ever play any college ball? I want to say his last name was Smith. I saw him in a scrimmage we had with them and he was amazing!

He was supposed to go to Campbellsville, KY at one time. I don't think it panned out.

His little brother is the QB for us now, and I think he has a chance to be better.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

g ville is hungry and has there mine set on this game. even with it being fall break the seniors are not gonna let it destract us. i honestly getting tired of all the talk about the lennox boy. cant wait till friday night

Try getting that MIND right so you do not get DISTRACTED. :roflol: Good luck to the Tigers friday night!

Watertown likes to throw the ball, and Gville's pass defense hasn't been that bad this year.

Holycross, for the most part, had padded his stats against weak teams. I think he had 3 yards on 9 carries against Friendship. Then again, we're not Friendship.

Hopefully Gville won't try to get too cute on defense. I think H2O has bee lining Lennox up in the backfield some to lead block. I'm interested to see that. Gville done it with Sims a couple of years ago.

Watertown's looking to make it two in a row, I don't know how long it's been since they've beat Gville twice in a row, but they're going to have to wait longer.

28-14 Gville.

Croz, the last time Watertown beat G'ville two in a row 90-91. FYI series stats -W'town 31 wins, G'ville 37 wins, 2 ties in the regular season. G'ville has 1 bowl win and 1 play-off win. There has also been 3 overtime games in '79, '82 and '07. G'ville winning each game. Oh, by the way, W'town beat G'ville 74-0 in '39 at G'ville.

I know that in the 60's and 70's Watertown won a lot of games against Gville. Younger people would probably think that the series would be more lopsided in Gville's favor. I also know some people that lived about 6 miles from Gordonsville, but went to school at Watertown for the sake of playing football. That was back in the 70's when Brownie Robinson was the coach.

That's some pretty interesting information! :roflol:

gordonsville takes this one. we will compare apples to oranges around 9:30pm after the game.

Who's going to be the apples and who's the oranges.

It seems the field will be wet like last week, just not as bad.

If it is, it has to play into Gville's favor.

Our running backs will really have to run hard this week, because Watertown will be coming after them. They'll try to make Gville throw the ball. I think we can get by if we have to throw, but it's not our first choice.

Does anyone know the condition of the field in H2Otown ? Been awhile since i been there and curious to know if its gonna be oldschool in the mud or if the passing game will be an option. This should be a great game either way. I dont see alot of points scored in this one im gonna say 14 to 6 Gville. The tigers will be fired up bigtime friday night and ready to rumble !!

Does anyone know the condition of the field in H2Otown ? Been awhile since i been there and curious to know if its gonna be oldschool in the mud or if the passing game will be an option. This should be a great game either way. I dont see alot of points scored in this one im gonna say 14 to 6 Gville. The tigers will be fired up bigtime friday night and ready to rumble !!

It should be wet and muddy. Definitely great football playing conditions.

looking at this one gordonsville has more players to bring to the table. gordonsville must control the line of scrimmage on both sides of the ball. must get the ground going early. got to get pressure on the qb. secondary must cover. i dont see them beating us down field much, so covering screens and limiting yards after catch is a must. the depth we have at all positions will help us late in the game. got to wrap up and take the ball carrier down at the point of impact. wet conditions will make problems for both teams. again this week we will have to win the turnover battle like i said we would have to do last week to win. i think we hold their run game in check, and limit their passing. if we run a balanced attack we should take the battle field. gordonsville takes the game in a close one. TIGERS ROLL!!!!

Came by there earlier, looks like its in good shape except for being wet. Still some water in the endzone by the hedges. kudos to Ed Roberts for keeping the field in great shape. he does a great job.