Gordonsville vs Watertown

pasttiger

Sounds like G-ville come out a little flat. I would have thought ya'll would win out. Stuff happens. (Believe me I know). Win the rest and this is only a minor set back. Keep digging. Sometimes, this can help get a different mind set. After winning a few games, some may think they have arrived. Maybe this can get some to work even harder, and realize that unless they do keep digging...the end is not too far away. Good luck Tigers, ya got to keep digging........

Oh by the way, if anybody sees CheeseCake, give them this :roflol: They forgot and left it on the CC/SC thread.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats to Dalton for putting team on shoulders and running the ball hard. Phillips has never had a 100 yards rushing mainly because the tigers have never had a backup quarterback. The Purple Tigers did everything they could to lose, dropped passes, 150 yards in penalties, fumbles, losing onside kicks, missing tackles, illegal procedure on the 1 foot line. The Blue Tigers played with a lot of heart and passion and gave themselves a chance to win capalizing on Purple Tigers mistakes. Hats off to the players and their coaches and win the next two games and you guys are number 1 on Single A side of the bracket.

Well, this game didn't disappoint. Great game. In danger of getting out of hand , but G'ville makes goalline stand just before half. Hard fought game on both sides. W'town makes enough plays to win at the end. to many dropped balls on W'town side. Now we know for this year real Tigers wear Purple!

Something about a blind hog and and acorn comes to mind. :roflol:

You're right Watertown made the plays they needed to.

Has Phillips ever had a 100 yard rushing game before tonight?

I have to think that Gville made Watertown look better than they were, but that's part of it. I mean, how can a Watertown receiver be standing wide open 25 yards downfield in the MIDDLE of the field on 3rd and 18?

That's a good one. But I'm thinking something there must be alot of rose colored glasses in G'ville this year. These teams are pretty even this year. W'town had the momentem(sp?) in the first half , G'ville in most of the second. Phillips has never had a 100 yd game, they've never let him run the ball that much. he put this team on his back tonight and carried them to a win.

The teams are pretty even, but the thing is, Gville hasn't played up to their potential yet. They also should've capitalized on their opportunities. I've seen these kids play a lot of football. If they play up to their potential, they'd be 5-2 right now. But, I also think the coaches need to do more to give them the best opportunities to succeed on the field.

That's a good one. But I'm thinking something there must be alot of rose colored glasses in G'ville this year. These teams are pretty even this year. W'town had the momentem(sp?) in the first half , G'ville in most of the second. Phillips has never had a 100 yd game, they've never let him run the ball that much. he put this team on his back tonight and carried them to a win.

The teams are pretty even, but the thing is, Gville hasn't played up to their potential yet. They also should've capitalized on their opportunities. I've seen these kids play a lot of football. If they play up to their potential, they'd be 5-2 right now. But, I also think the coaches need to do more to give them the best opportunities to succeed on the field.

I feel your pain. W'town in the same boat. Too many dropped balls, too many stupid penalties, missed blocks and tackles. I'd like to see us put it all together against a good team. I know we don't have the talent level of TC and FCS, but if we play consistantly we should be able to stay in the ballgame. Maybe by the time playoffs get here we can be at that level. Good luck the rest of the year and have a good run in the playoffs.

• 2 years later...

Its funny looking back in time and seeing all the talk about which players are good and what not. Comparing all the kids to one another and seeing who goes on to the next level. Looking back now tho it goes to show that Lennox was better than Ford, Lennox playing at D-2 powerhouse Carson-Newman. I believe he started on game his Freshman year and then 2 or 3 his sophomore year. Not putting Ford down in anyway cause i know injury plagued him his senior year but he never was a deciding factor in any of the H2O-TC games. Tacola was always the impact player, kind of disappointed that neither one of them took their talents to the next level. Just goes to show that you have to have the heart and determination, to keep moving on but just want to congraulate Nick Lennox at Carson-Newman, Dalton Phillips at Murray State, and T.J. Hall at Cumberland University for taking their talents to the next level and giving Watertown a good name. And wish the same for all the other players from our region that have made the step to the next level.