Cannon County at Smith County

Guest patriotspy39

The district race is crazy now with the three teams tied right now all beaten each other. It will be interesting to see what happens. I was wandering how long it would be befroe someone from SC said something about class. What was the problem, I was told once by a coach from SC it is not our job to stop us it is the other teams job.

Boy the playoff quads now have a kink in them.

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

11inarow, coaches get gatorade baths when they beat SC. SC gets everybodies best shot more times than not. Cannon Co deserved to celebrate tonight. A victory every 15 years is something to be excited about.

And Sc will continue to get everyones best game they have a very first class program and well respected program, and it is ran very well by one of the best.

11inarow, coaches get gatorade baths when they beat SC. SC gets everybodies best shot more times than not. Cannon Co deserved to celebrate tonight. A victory every 15 years is something to be excited about.

I know that, I wasn't talking about the coaches and players. They have every right to be excited, and every right to celebrate. Sorry if that is what everybody thought I meant. That is my fault.

The district race is crazy now with the three teams tied right now all beaten each other. It will be interesting to see what happens. I was wandering how long it would be befroe someone from SC said something about class. What was the problem, I was told once by a coach from SC it is not our job to stop us it is the other teams job.

Boy the playoff quads now have a kink in them.

Ok, so what would happen if both teams win out now? Sorry if anybody thinks I am looking too far ahead, I am just curious.

Well if Dekalb, Cannon and Smith win out the way I understand it is it is three way tie, if you go head to head vs each other all teams split with Cannon beating Smith, Dekalb beating cannon and Smith beating Dekalb, it would then go to common opponents from top to bottom in region and all team beat those teams also. Most districts have other tiebreakers I have heard this district tie-breaker is points scored, then points given up and then coin toss not for sure though.

Has anyone heard about the kid from Smith who got hurt how is he?

Well if Dekalb, Cannon and Smith win out the way I understand it is it is three way tie, if you go head to head vs each other all teams split with Cannon beating Smith, Dekalb beating cannon and Smith beating Dekalb, it would then go to common opponents from top to bottom in region and all team beat those teams also. Most districts have other tiebreakers I have heard this district tie-breaker is points scored, then points given up and then coin toss not for sure though.

Here are remaining games:

Cannon vs Upperman

York @ Livingston and vs Smith County

Dekalb vs Upperman and vs Livingston

By the looks of things Cannon has the easiest route.

I don't think I saw anything tonight I considered classless from the CC fans. There was a horn I wouldn't have minded to see the guy swallow and choke on! LOL In my opinion, SC fans have become a tad complacent and expectant in the last several years. We could take some notes from some of the passionate fans from area teams. Granted, we see a sustained measure of success as a program that some others aren't accustomed, but the SC fans could be more vocal.

I don't think I saw anything tonight I considered classless from the CC fans. There was a horn I wouldn't have minded to see the guy swallow and choke on! LOL In my opinion, SC fans have become a tad complacent and expectant in the last several years. We could take some notes from some of the passionate fans from area teams. Granted, we see a sustained measure of success as a program that some others aren't accustomed, but the SC fans could be more vocal.

I agree the Lions fans were very loud and proud tonight and the SC fans as normal sat on hands and did not respond. But I will say I think we witnessed the two best QBs in the league tonight with the edge going to #7 from Cannon the run in the first half was one of the best I have seen this season. Did he play last year?

You are right, I apologize for posting that. I guess I just took stuff from the past that I saw from CC fans. But once again that was my bad and I apologize. You deserved the win tonight Cannon. As for SC, got to get work done at Jamestown. And thanks for the distict info. secretagentman.

S.A.man...I think there were 2 that got hurt. One was a ankle/knee? The other was a concussion. Don't know the staus of either yet.

Thanks for the kind words about SC. It does seem SC get everybodys best shot. But SC should expect that.

I would hope most know that all the silliness on these boards is all in fun. (On my part anyway). If SC can't win the district outright, I'm glad for CC...they been down a while now.

CC played like they had nothing to lose and put everything on the line tonight. Not 1, but 2 fake punts for big yards at critical times and what could have been big in field position. Fake extra point. Everything all out. Gutsy calls at the time.

I agree the Lions fans were very loud and proud tonight and the SC fans as normal sat on hands and did not respond. But I will say I think we witnessed the two best QBs in the league tonight with the edge going to #7 from Cannon the run in the first half was one of the best I have seen this season. Did he play last year?

yes he played last year. he played some receiver last season, but broke a bone in his leg that set him back a little. but has turned into a nice qb in his junior year. the kid has a good future. he;s pretty athletic