They must be getting a lot of phone calls??

davidlimbaugh

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just look under wildcards to see where your team will seed. 1-32 if you are not in the top 32 you are not in the playoffs. Really the only thing I see that is a bit of a question is placement of quads and which teams get the 4 #1 seeds. Will probably be a clearer picture either heading into week 10 or maybe after next week.

Just look under wildcards to see where your team will seed. 1-32 if you are not in the top 32 you are not in the playoffs. Really the only thing I see that is a bit of a question is placement of quads and which teams get the 4 #1 seeds. Will probably be a clearer picture either heading into week 10 or maybe after next week.

Not so sure about that. If a team ranked outside the top 32 wins an auto bid for their district finish, it will knock a 31 or 32 ranking out of contention. I know that either Cumberland Co. (2-6) or White Co. (0-8) will qualify for 5A play-offs. How is TSSAA going to justify a bad 3-7 or a very bad 1-9 team qualifying and knocking a 5-5 or better team out?

Not so sure about that. If a team ranked outside the top 32 wins an auto bid for their district finish, it will knock a 31 or 32 ranking out of contention. I know that either Cumberland Co. (2-6) or White Co. (0-8) will qualify for 5A play-offs. How is TSSAA going to justify a bad 3-7 or a very bad 1-9 team qualifying and knocking a 5-5 or better team out?

They changed the wording from qualifying to eligible. This will allow the TSSAA to place teams they determine by their placement. By changing the words there are no auto bids. The top 32 will go. Even if a teams get an eligibilty by finishing over another team from their district doesn't make them an automatic over a team who doesn't. They are going to award teams for playing tougher opponents this way. Going to be a lot of gnashing of teeth on Halloween this year after the 12:00 announcement of seedings and placement. I just wish they would then come out with the 4 quads as 1-32 seeding overall. Regardless of where they are geographically. The top 4 teams would get the 1 seeds from each quad thus giving those 4 teams the best chance to get to the semi finals against each other.

They changed the wording from qualifying to eligible. This will allow the TSSAA to place teams they determine by their placement. By changing the words there are no auto bids. The top 32 will go. Even if a teams get an eligibilty by finishing over another team from their district doesn't make them an automatic over a team who doesn't. They are going to award teams for playing tougher opponents this way. Going to be a lot of gnashing of teeth on Halloween this year after the 12:00 announcement of seedings and placement. I just wish they would then come out with the 4 quads as 1-32 seeding overall. Regardless of where they are geographically. The top 4 teams would get the 1 seeds from each quad thus giving those 4 teams the best chance to get to the semi finals against each other.

This can't be true. I see teams that have a better district records than others but are lower ranked than teams they beat. So if my team is ranked below a team we beat and we have a better district record how do they go in front of us?

This can't be true. I see teams that have a better district records than others but are lower ranked than teams they beat. So if my team is ranked below a team we beat and we have a better district record how do they go in front of us?

Strength of schedule is playing a huge part this year as is overall record. You will still see teams with losing records in the playoffs just based on number of teams getting in alone. Just wait for the season to play out I think most of the questionable teams will play themselves out of the playoffs.

They changed the wording from qualifying to eligible. This will allow the TSSAA to place teams they determine by their placement. By changing the words there are no auto bids. The top 32 will go. Even if a teams get an eligibilty by finishing over another team from their district doesn't make them an automatic over a team who doesn't.

You are wrong about that. there will be auro qualifers, just read the heading at the top of each district. I will promise you that a 31 or 32 ranked team will be bumped for a automatic qualifer.

I think they need to add the rule "no team with a losing record will be considered regardless of district finish"

'IF' and this is a big IF the T$$AA has changed the wording since the season has started because they have messed up then my prediction lawyers will become involved has risen greatly.

I wonder just how many Lawyers are the ones making the calls to the T$$AA getting ready to file their cases?

Figure a minimum of $150-250 an hour for legal fees, then I do not see the T$$AA making much on this years playoff even with the new 6A class! dry.gif