Knox West @ Catholic

Irish423

No excuses this (or any) game for playing both ways. West will have guys playing both ways as well. Every defense is going to key on Cozart, nothing new in that regard. We just need to be balanced on offense, this doesn't mean run 50% and pass 50%. This means we need to be efficient running and passing this Friday night. Where was Spencer Mackle last Friday Night? Was he hurt? If our senoir recievers do not come to play, I have no problem with Nolan Coulter and Terrance Hall at a couple reciever slots. West will have to throw the ball to beat Catholic and this is a scare for us Irish fans. Lets put some heat on Francis!

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What are the thoughts about splitting Cozart out at WR for some plays when he's not able to run the ball effectively? It worked for Harrison Smith back during his senior season.

I wish Coazart could catch :roflol: He is lined up where he needs to be. He could catch a couple more screen passes but besides that..... Now Cody Shirley can catch, he would be good out in a slot.

I am sure the coaches will play the kids where they can do the most help for the team, Last yeat Catholic played against schools that had players playing both ways, Fulton, AC, AE, and we did very well, now KCHS is playing schools with up to 2100 kids, Catholic has 655 kids half of which are boys about 325 or so. Catholic was throwing to the end zone on both Farragut and Maryville, and against Webb we had 40 kids out with the flu the day before. Our kids and Coaches have done excellent job.

I am very proud of all of them, and our school.

I am sure the coaches will play the kids where they can do the most help for the team, Last yeat Catholic played against schools that had players playing both ways, Fulton, AC, AE, and we did very well, now KCHS is playing schools with up to 2100 kids, Catholic has 655 kids half of which are boys about 325 or so. Catholic was throwing to the end zone on both Farragut and Maryville, and against Webb we had 40 kids out with the flu the day before. Our kids and Coaches have done excellent job.

I am very proud of all of them, and our school.

I agree Coach. Combined losses for Farragut, Maryville, and Webb= 2. That is pretty tough. These next 3 weeks are huge for us as we need to get momentum for the playoffs.

Its obvious that Friday night is huge for both teams. Catholic must be able to finish the game. We are runing the ball extremely well, it's going to be a matter if we can sustain that for 4 quarters. West is littered with talent every year, (probably as much as fulton and AE) If we let them in the game in the second half we could be in trouble. Go Irish..

I'm sure every coach would like to have players play one way but in high school football that is not always possible to do without not having the best talent on the field. As a coach, if you know you are going to have to play some players both ways, then you have to condition them accordingly. Conditioning is a part of preparation and is just as important as the x's and o's because if you get midway through the third quarter and your wore out, it really doesn't matter how much of the x's and o's that you have been taught because you can't execute any of it. I have seen a lot of different high school teams play this year and the majority of them had at least a few players going both ways and seemed to do fine except for Catholic, which leads me to believe that their coach has done them an injustice by not preparing them to go both ways. Catholic has the athletes to compete against the competition they have played this year but they will have to do something about their conditioning regimen in the future if they want to actually beat the Farragut's and Maryville's. A lot of the conditioning is mental and if you want to see for yourself all you have to do is take a stopwatch to the next game, start the watch on every snap and stop the watch at the end of the play, do this the entire game and you will see that the actual live playing time of a four quarter high school game is between 5-8 minutes.

I agree with jake. Catholic chooses to play several kids both ways. They have the numbers to not do that but choose not to. If ur gonna do that then u need to condition the players to go both ways. I watch webb play prolly 7 kids both ways each week and they seem to be able to handle it. I know webb's kids are in shape because they make a point to make sure they r cause of playin both ways.

Catholic should win, but I honestly do not...DO NOT! think it will be conditioning. It will probably be that "all-star" coaching staff that will cause Catholic to lose. I recently attended an Irish game, and i was left with a big wow! This team has the credentials and talent to be a very good team. I honestly am discusted with what the administration has done by not allowing Pemberton to do his thing. If the coaching staff that Catholic had last year was still there I see manybe a one loss maybe undefeated. Yes, thats how bad it is. I have no support for the Irish until the right people are in office calling the shots. Anyway, yes catholic should win. Either way, West, get ready to stop the run, because that is what Catholic will do. My guess is they will run it to the left side... just guessing. Will the weather have an effect on the game? I don't really know much about West. Also, does anyone know much about the Tait kid? Any Offers coming in or attention? Thanks.