Collinwood v/s Perry Co.

Chunk_d

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This was definitely an upset for Cwood. They just cain't get a break on the penalties.

yeah, that big holding penalty there at the end on Max's incredible run really killed

what could have been an amazing comeback. This is the first time I've seen the wood

since early in the year and they still look the same, very good talent but mistake

prone as heck. To many penalties, ints, fumbles...even the fumbles they recovered

took away scoring chances. Anyhow, the game was great and very entertaining...I

think I will write about it for all the weiners who weren't real men (like me) and stayed

in the house.

Yeah, the weather was miserable, the wind was like cold knives. A lot of people left

at halftime and I wanted to go too but I hung in there. I've got to give PC all the

credit in the world...they are def for real and adjusted to the weather amazingly well.

No question their strength is their offensive line. Their Qb is a good passer and they

give him more than enough time to scan through his receivers. After the catch their

backs are elusive and hard to track down. Mercer did a great job. Im not sure who

is better between him and Max, both guys can tote it a little bit.

After the wind died down is was kinda ok there for a minute but then it started to

rain...ha. I really love them Trojans but all they got to do is focus a little more

on ball security. Their young qb was really rattled at the start and threw at least

two picks that really jump started Pc. However, to his credit he settled down and

played really well after that and threw three td passes...including one amazing

bomb to Kaleb Clark that must have traveled fifty yards in the air. Unfortunately,

after they got over the picks it was fumble time again. At least the effort was

SUPER! Max Risner was awesome all night and really put on a show. I felt sorry

for him there at the end when his big run got called back. I guess it was a good

call but doesn't matter now.

I really think the WC PC game next week will be super duper and recommend everyone

to go out and watch it...and please God give us some better weather because I can

feel a massive case of H1N1 coming on fast. I will say this to the PC coach...man,

all those onside kicks are STUPID dude. Your defense is ok but why put them behind

the gun yourself???? If you do that against waynesboro you will have no chance.

They only recovered one and it came at the very end when the game was already

over and it was raining like crazy. If you want to beat WC, stop it.

Words can not describe how big of a victory this was for the Viking football program. PC come out firing and went up quickly. They were able to throw the ball all game long on c'woods D. C'wood's D did get good pressure on PC quarterback but he did a good job of avoiding the pressure rolling and delivering the ball down field. This was another game of big time plays for PC, this team has some dang good play makers on it. Pc is playing better every week and most of all playing with more confidence. I must admit I was COMPLETELY wrong about the team who gets the breaks on special teams will win the game. There was no big returns but PC's kickoff team was a nightmare. We kicked onside every time (only recovering once in the final minutes of the game) giving C'wood prime field position. I don't know this for a fact but I would say C'wood average starting field position was around their own 45 yrd line if not mid field. This didn't hurt us tonight but it could have easily cost us the game. Bottom line PC played their tails off all game long and it payed off. Great hard fought win!! Go Vikings!!

Words can not describe how big of a victory this was for the Viking football program. PC come out firing and went up quickly. They were able to throw the ball all game long on c'woods D. C'wood's D did get good pressure on PC quarterback but he did a good job of avoiding the pressure rolling and delivering the ball down field. This was another game of big time plays for PC, this team has some dang good play makers on it. Pc is playing better every week and most of all playing with more confidence. I must admit I was COMPLETELY wrong about the team who gets the breaks on special teams will win the game. There was no big returns but PC's kickoff team was a nightmare. We kicked onside every time (only recovering once in the final minutes of the game) giving C'wood prime field position. I don't know this for a fact but I would say C'wood average starting field position was around their own 45 yrd line if not mid field. This didn't hurt us tonight but it could have easily cost us the game. Bottom line PC played their tails off all game long and it payed off. Great hard fought win!! Go Vikings!!

yeah, it seemed like after every onside kick Collinwood would get a one nice run from Max and be

knocking on the door...then they'd fumble or get a penalty and head in the wrong direction

the onside kicks are dumb, Pc's defense isn't that bad but it would aid them a lot if they had

a little cushion behind them, a lot of teams aren't gonna fumble it right back like the wood did

they wont beat waynesboro doing that unless they recover half of them

Yeah, our D is good not great but our coach did nothing to help them by puting C'wood in perfect field position every time. Like I said we got lucky doing that tonight and didn't get burned to bad doing that. But I'm afraid if we even think about doing that next week against Wayne co they will put up 50 and it will have to be a shoot out. What I didn't understand was that of course C'wood was bringing everybody way up to cover the on side kick so why not try to kick one deep over their head? On a different phase of the game that rb from c'wood was fun to watch he really run hard. Even though I am a Viking fan I really appreciate players from any team that lay it out there!!

Yeah, our D is good not great but our coach did nothing to help them by puting C'wood in perfect field position every time. Like I said we got lucky doing that tonight and didn't get burned to bad doing that. But I'm afraid if we even think about doing that next week against Wayne co they will put up 50 and it will have to be a shoot out. What I didn't understand was that of course C'wood was bringing everybody way up to cover the on side kick so why not try to kick one deep over their head? On a different phase of the game that rb from c'wood was fun to watch he really run hard. Even though I am a Viking fan I really appreciate players from any team that lay it out there!!

yeah, both running backs put on a show...lots of fun to watch

I just wish Collinwood could get a tad more disciplined, it seemed the key plays were the ones

that they always blow up on...they're a fun team but frustrating from a fan's standpoint

However, I have sorta learned to just go with it and take what comes...what else can

you do?? Hopefully, they will clean it up some here on out

I like the way they compete though, they really play hard all the time...from what

I saw tonight PC does the same

Huge win for the Vikings, PC is playing more as a team, Mercer stepped up with a great game leaving Cwood defenders wondering where he went. Offensive line did a good job giving Tucker time to find recievers and receivers showed of their good hands in bad condition. Work on the kicking game

Great game ! Max is a man great job but how about Drey Mercer ? He really put on a show . I dont know his stats but I know 4tds I think 3 were rec. and 1 was rushing . The PC lineman were dominating in the trenches. The PC wideouts hung on to the wet ball . With some great catches. I would also like to say that the Defence was shutting the door and getting turnovers. The PC coaches had some good play calling maybe the best job all year.

Good win for PC . They seemed to want it more in the 4th than the Trojans . They were at least 3 balls on the ground and believe me or not the guy with one arm come up with 2 of them . We were in like a daze or something. Shake this lose off Trojans and get ready for C-ville :roflol: GO TROJANS

Good win for PC . They seemed to want it more in the 4th than the Trojans . They were at least 3 balls on the ground and believe me or not the guy with one arm come up with 2 of them . We were in like a daze or something. Shake this lose off Trojans and get ready for C-ville :roflol: GO TROJANS

I think Collinwood's effort was good. The early turnovers gave PC a huge advantage and

like any coach will tell you in a close game you want good things to happen early to

get you going. I think against PC you need to play with two safeties to contain their

big plays a little more. It was a bad game for the wood defense but pass d has needed

improvement in every game Ive seen. I actually think seeing that many passes will help

them later on.

On the other hand the wood moved the ball at will. Max would have easily had over 300

all purpose yards if a couple long runs hadn't been called back. Jacob Davis really opened

my eyes with those three great td passes and he almost had another that was just barely

knocked down. Give that kid a few more snaps and hes gonna be dangerous and then

some.

All Collinwood needs to do is just LIMIT the big MISTAKES....I would settle if they would

only get two of the big three bad things....penalties, picks, or fumbles..

Play mistake free offense and watch that scoreboard LIGHT up...Max is unstoppable

and the passing game is tight so....?

I agree that Mercer is fabulous in the open field after a catch and they make sure

he gets the ball out there...I got to think that teams are gonna start keying on

that cause they seem to go to it a lot...somebody will make a point of taking that

away I predict (if they can...ha)

Anyhow it was a great game and IM glad PC has stepped up and created more

good competition in the region...I was sad to see Moore co go although it was

best for them from the travel angle....I got to say that I have been amazed

at how great HS football is becoming in this area...small and large schools.

Five bucks for this kind of entertainment is a freaking STEAL folks. Trust me,

its a lot better than going to a Titans game and having some drunk idiot try

to pick a fight with you for no reason other than he needs his Daddy and a

woodshed somewhere

I still like the wood team and look forward to more big games out of them..go Trojans!!!