Giles vs Lewis

likearock

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Giles County scoring machines takes its show to Howenwald! Can the Lewis County boys slow them down?

Probably not. I was talking to a friend of mine over in Lewis and he said something at first that stunned me, then after talking a while it made sense. First of all Giles is now playing the smallest school in this District. This game means more to Giles than to Lewis, Giles wants to finish undefeated in the district and thats about the only motivation left for them till the playoffs. As far as Lewis this game means absolutely nothing, except its senior night. I agree with my friend I wouldn't worry much about the game, I would worry more about the next two after this because that is the playoffs for the sub schools in this district. They win out...the would finish first in that class. If I was Lewis I would worry about injuries to any key players more than score going into the last two games. They have lost to many players already to injury and couldn't afford any others. Glad to hear Fairview set out some of theirs......smart on their part as they realize the last games are the important ones.

As far as this one goes......Giles should win easily, just a shame its senior night, but if Lewis gets in the playoffs......it really won't matter.

Good luck to Lewis and Giles......Lewis injury free and Gile undefeated in district!

Both need to get ready for playoffs!!!

Just and fyi, Giles has improved its level of play in the recent years, their non district games are always larger schools. Last time I recall Giles playing a smaller school (per their tssaa rating-non district) was 4 years ago....it was David Lipscomb! That did'nt go so well, but always fighting in those games and not just mailing it in looking to better days has clearly improved our program.

Just and fyi, Giles has improved its level of play in the recent years, their non district games are always larger schools. Last time I recall Giles playing a smaller school (per their tssaa rating-non district) was 4 years ago....it was David Lipscomb! That did'nt go so well, but always fighting in those games and not just mailing it in looking to better days has clearly improved our program.

I agree with us always improving our level of competition as far as non-district games, with the exception of trading Columbia for Shelbyville this year. But through no fault of our own we were placed in a district with less than par opponents. I'm not so sure this schedule helped anything but our record.

Turfwalker. Proper etiquette. Wait until AFTER the game is played before offering excuses. :thumb:

I refuse to believe that Lewis coaches are throwing in the towel on Monday. LOL. We understand the tradition that Lewis has and we FULLY expect an all out effort from them. No team ever got better by having players be spectators. (Pinching myself to make sure I am not dreaming I read Fairview and Lewis intensionally set players out). You want one and done in the playoffs. Then you rest your good players, lol. (checking date. No its not April 1st). Heck. I believe they really said that1 :thumb:

Turfwalker. Proper etiquette. Wait until AFTER the game is played before offering excuses. :cry:

I refuse to believe that Lewis coaches are throwing in the towel on Monday. LOL. We understand the tradition that Lewis has and we FULLY expect an all out effort from them. No team ever got better by having players be spectators. (Pinching myself to make sure I am not dreaming I read Fairview and Lewis intensionally set players out). You want one and done in the playoffs. Then you rest your good players, lol. (checking date. No its not April 1st). Heck. I believe they really said that1 :lol:

Excuses? Logic......might fit better. Lewis has lost some key players...game changing ones. They can't afford to lose anymore with the playoffs in front of them. I'm not a coach or anything to Lewis. Just that my discussion with one of their fans did make sense. What good does it do to play a team with so many players......enough for D and O and special teams......the odds are they will lose anyway.......why lose a player proving absolutely nothing. I have seen how Giles has gone through all the smaller schools, why would this be any different. Much better for Lewis to be able to give it the best shot in the playoffs (one and done or two...it doesn't matter...still to make the playoffs first). Lewis has had a much tougher schedule this year than in the years passed, which according to critics was their problem. That won't be a problem this year. Yes Giles will win......but does it help them either way......with all the starters playing or not. Hope this doesn't hurt Giles in the playoffs...nothing taken away from Giles season..but playing down so much can't help. :cry:

Just to let you in on a little info. Since the 08 season Giles has played Sakes(?), Ala., BGA, Lincoln County (twice), Franklin County, Tullahoma, Cookeville, Lawrenceburg, and Shelbyville. ALL of these schools have one thing in common. They are ALL bigger by far than Giles. (BGA = private recruits). You get better by playing better not sitting on the sideline cuddled up in a blanket worrying about the flu or injuries. Lewis will bring their best. I don't think for a minute that a proud program like theirs would hold back on the water boy much less a player. I'm sure Giles is working harder than any week so far to prepare for Lewis. Nope. Were not buying what your selling!

:cry:

You people are amazing. This was a conversation.....this isn't what the coaches are doing......get real. I understand the logic, and I understand the players wanting to play.....especially on senior night. Maybe they will play their best until Giles starts scoring big.......and then they could pull out the starters. No one said they are doing it.........be real. I know Giles wants to keep their streak going of 40 points in a half against all of these schools......which they would either way, but...........does it matter in the big picture.......I don't think so. I'm sure Lewis will start their starters.......but after that.....whats to prove...except for Giles to feel good about beating their starters instead of 2nd. But......one fact remains....Lewis can't afford to lose anymore starters...period. They are thin as it is.

Giles is the better team.....period. They will win regardless who is in the game for Lewis. Depth is something they can't overcome.......that is the real world.

Why start a thread for Giles vs Lewis when according to the previous posters the game is already decided? ALL teams can be beat even Giles County. Lewis may not win Friday but it is a shame to count them out before the first kick off.

Don't put me in the "previous posters". R e a d v e r y s l o w s o y o u w i l l u n d e r s t a n d. My whole point is Lewis will be prepared to win. Their coaches will have them ready. We are NOT taking them for granted. :cry:

Why start a thread for Giles vs Lewis when according to the previous posters the game is already decided? ALL teams can be beat even Giles County. Lewis may not win Friday but it is a shame to count them out before the first kick off.

Glad to see the fire is not totally out in Lewis County. I assure you the Cats haven't counted anyone out. At the first glance at the schedules this year I believe most looked for this to be a good game and competitive one.

So tell me...what are Lewis Co's strong points?