EAST HICKMAN goes to HICKMAN

eagleheart

Everyone seen the game...East folks should be mad as heck. Thanks from Centerville for the "CHOKING" and calling that great play with 4th and 2. :mrgreen::thumb: , and that defensive scheme.....ha ha ha... to top it off........ Why did East Q back keep the ball on the last play with 3 (maybe more) wide open, to tie the game ? ? Yup........ I can see why some people are mad................ keep your chins up, you did a whole lot better this year than your last 2 years.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

great job C-ville your coaches were able to adjust and our defensive coach just goes through the motions, He has no business being a coach, it is apparent he is there for one kid and that kid is on offence, please excuse my spelling I had a few , but somethings had to be said. 1 for our power house #22 to only get the ball once in the second half is just stupid. he was open 10 times on all kinds of dump offs, but for some reason its always a QB run for negative yards. 2 on defence the bear crawl the whole game making it 7 on 11 makes no sence and thats where C-ville made the adjustment, and every person in the stands was screaming sweep every play ,but what could the linebackers do with there whole O-line coming at them because our D-line was on the ground.

Tickets to the East Hickman vs. Hickman County game for you and the little woman $10......... A six pack of adult beverages to ease the agony of defeat as you post while intoxicated on CoachT $3.79.......... Realizing in your impaired state that YOU should have been hired as the head coach to lead the Eagles to the title game in Cookeville................ PRICELESS! :thumb:

no no no I dont want to be hired as coach, but if you would of seen this game your chunky little girlfriend or boyfriend could of coached this game at least on defence, I evan believe coach Matt Jones could of pulled this one out, whoops Iam sorry I lost my mind for a second. jab jab

This is hilarious! From my past experiences with the community it seems as nothing has changed. The Vince Lombardis and Bear Bryants of the county still love to do the coaching and monday morning quarterbacking on CoachT. The complaints about the bear crawls are what is truly funny! I would bet money that those companing about the crawling have no idea what that technique is used for! Eagleheart and the other knowledgable defensive coaches would have preferred if the D-Line would have used all of their "Size, Speed, and Athletic Ability" to get in the back field and make plays against a "smaller, less athletic offensive line"!!!! I think that Eagleheart and the rest of the community defensive coordinators should put on a clinic on Defensive line technique in a 5-3 defense and present it to the Eagles coaching staff! That would be some GREAT MATERIAL!

This is great....I knew that even after Matt Jones left the situation with the support wouldn't change! I truly don't understand what these fans expect. The Eagles have already surpassed the expectations of knowledgeable football spectators! You can see the improvement if you have kept up with this rivarly (Year one - 49-7 blowout...Year two - A close game for two quarters in a 35-0 loss... and year three a very close 22-20 game!!!) Despite what the Lombardis and the Bryants of the community think about the Eagle Coaching Staff, the numbers don't lie! These guys are doing a heck of a job with the talent they have and the teams they play! Good Job Eagles! And despite what the community may think of the Defensive Coordinator, he is doing a heck of a job!

I dont think "going for it" on our 25 yard line with 4th and a long 2 yards when the game bacame a one touchdown game was very smart at all. After we turned it over on downs, I think 2 Bulldog plays later ( 18 yards) game was tie. That was a killer for the Eagles. But East went down after that, trailing by 8 at the end of the game.Late 4th quarter East scores again and now down by 2 but instead of making a pass to the 3 open recievers, the superstar tried to show he can rush for 12 yards and be "the man" NOT. he was immediatly tackled that end result cost the game. Yes people are mad. Are we supposed to be happy? Support continues for our Coach, he hopefully learned a lesson. Nobody wants to coach the team, but some simple logic should of come into play. I am happy with our coaches, but I also am entitled to my opinion, and they screwed up....... lets move on. And why did our #22 never get the ball?????????????????? who knows,is he hurt? he is our best player hands down, hindsight is 20-20.

Its hard to believe that east lost that game, they pounded the bulldogs pretty good the entire first half, and score was 14 -0 ( should of been 21 -0 ). I wonder.....just wonder if ole Nash and some of his influentials got Coach alone at half time and dictated how the second half should go. ??????????? I would not put it past them..they did Coach Jones like that............( dictated who plays and who is on the team) , In Centerville...........nothings impossible.

Its hard to believe that east lost that game, they pounded the bulldogs pretty good the entire first half, and score was 14 -0 ( should of been 21 -0 ). I wonder.....just wonder if ole Nash and some of his influentials got Coach alone at half time and dictated how the second half should go. ??????????? I would not put it past them..they did Coach Jones like that............( dictated who plays and who is on the team) , In Centerville...........nothings impossible.

it kind of looks that way considering they only gave the ball once to #22 in the second half, and kept there whole D-line in the bear crawl. Sounds like a Phillips call the way they tried to make one kid the hero was clear to everyone. Someone needs to pull there head out and worry about winning, instead of trying to make this all about one kid. dont get me wrong this kid is good but not at this position , he should be doing some lead blocking and more on defence.

it kind of looks that way considering they only gave the ball once to #22 in the second half, and kept there whole D-line in the bear crawl. Sounds like a Phillips call the way they tried to make one kid the hero was clear to everyone. Someone needs to pull there head out and worry about winning, instead of trying to make this all about one kid. dont get me wrong this kid is good but not at this position , he should be doing some lead blocking and more on defence.

Again....This is great input by one of the great coaches in Hickman Co. Eaglelombardi...I mean eagleheart, your expansive knowledge of football and schematic understanding of the game truly shows when you post comments! It is truly evident that your understanding of the game of football far surpasses that of the coaching staff, especially Phillips. Maybe you should make a call to Nash and have him appoint you as DC for the rest of the season and then since you are obviously all about the whole team, you can make sure you change the Eagle's Coaching staffs mindset about being only about one kid! Because it is clear and I am sure that the EH coaching staff is obviously only out to make one kid look good as opposed to winning games! That is their purpose every game! That was their thinking olast year too...It had to be!

Eaglelombardi...I mean Eagleheart, do us all a favor (and yourself) and stop posting. You make the county look bad and you clearly aren't making yourself look any wiser. Go back to your madden game or fantasy football and coach those teams. Leave the real coaching to coaches who understand the game of football.

I have to agree partially with Eagleheart, evidently "strong side" had not been at the game,or I do not believe he would be standing by Phillips. Phillips is a "moron" plain and simple. We all seen it numerous times, including Coach King. I stand behind Coach King, yes he made some big mistakes, especially in the Hickman game and Marshall County game, ,he seems to try to make everyone happy which is wrong.,but look what he is dealing with. I think this guy is stuck with what he has for now, my son likes him, and I feel we are moving in the right direction, it is all not going to be peaches and cream, I think there are some issues that will eventually work its way out of the system, Strongside.we love our kids, we are just pointing out some things that need attention.

I have to agree partially with Eagleheart, evidently "strong side" had not been at the game,or I do not believe he would be standing by Phillips. Phillips is a "moron" plain and simple. We all seen it numerous times, including Coach King. I stand behind Coach King, yes he made some big mistakes, especially in the Hickman game and Marshall County game, ,he seems to try to make everyone happy which is wrong.,but look what he is dealing with. I think this guy is stuck with what he has for now, my son likes him, and I feel we are moving in the right direction, it is all not going to be peaches and cream, I think there are some issues that will eventually work its way out of the system, Strongside.we love our kids, we are just pointing out some things that need attention.

Easteaglemom17,

It looks like you have joined the ranks of the elite Hickman Co. CoachT Coaches! Way to show your support of the team and set an example to your kid by calling his coach a "moron"! That is exactly what the parent of a football player should do! Its easy for you to hide behind your screen name and call coaches "morons", but it seems to me the only ones who look like morons are people like you and eagleheart for trying to correct football coaches, when the two of you couldn't explain explain the concepts of a 3-3 stack defense or the basis for the Tony Franklin Spread Offense. Those words sound like greek to you, dont they? Thats because you aren't a coach. I will agree to some extent with you on the Phillips being a "moron" to an extent...And I am positive that he'd agree with the comment I'm about to make...He feels like a moron for being in Hickman County and not leaving with the other coaches last season (thats the only moronic thing I'd say about him)! Heck, now I feel like a moron for even commenting to people like you and eagleheart.

Any rational person who has read this thread so far will now begin to understand why East Hickman Football, at least in the near future, will not enjoy long term success in their program.

It will not be because of players, it will not be because of coaching, and it will not be because of the lack of first rate facilities and equipment......... until there is a shift in the cultural dynamic of the community.......... the adults will continue to sit around and point the fingers at certain players, the coaches (regardless of who they may be) and anywhere else they can lay blame and perpetuate their "victim stance", loser mentality.

The community has been fortunate to have good coaches that are good men from day one. The program has made improvements every year. This season they have attained about the number of wins that a reasonable person would expect looking at the schedule at the beginning of the year. They are becoming more competitive.

I know that the average John Q. Fan is upset about losing the Hickman County superbowl, but coming on here and attacking a young man who plays for the team and the coaching staff does more long term damage than missed blocks, tackles, turnovers or any perceived coaching error.

If you want long term success, it will take more than just the players learning how to play better,or the coaches coach better.......... the community needs to learn how to be a supportive community that breeds a winning mentality and role models it for their kids. You want the program to be better..............become a better supporter, don't tear down what the coaches and players worked hard to achieve each week

So many people are quick to jump on the coaches and players.......... I wonder why nobody ever got on here and complained about why only and handful of parents made sure their kids got to workouts this summer??? Surely games are won and lost in the offseason just as easily as on Friday nights........ If you want to win you got to prepare all year......... some of the coach and player bashers should look into the mirror and ask themselves if they are doing the "right" things to help East be successful.

Or continue down the current path and experience continued coaching turn over, players who won't buy into the system because mommy and daddy thinks the coaches are "morons" and many losing seasons......