EAST HICKMAN goes to HICKMAN

eagleheart

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its hard to believe that east lost that game, they pounded the bulldogs pretty good the entire first half, and score was 14 -0 ( should of been 21 -0 ). I wonder.....just wonder if ole Nash and some of his influentials got Coach alone at half time and dictated how the second half should go. ??????????? I would not put it past them..they did Coach Jones like that............( dictated who plays and who is on the team) , In Centerville...........nothings impossible.

it kind of looks that way considering they only gave the ball once to #22 in the second half, and kept there whole D-line in the bear crawl. Sounds like a Phillips call the way they tried to make one kid the hero was clear to everyone. Someone needs to pull there head out and worry about winning, instead of trying to make this all about one kid. dont get me wrong this kid is good but not at this position , he should be doing some lead blocking and more on defence.

Again....This is great input by one of the great coaches in Hickman Co. Eaglelombardi...I mean eagleheart, your expansive knowledge of football and schematic understanding of the game truly shows when you post comments! It is truly evident that your understanding of the game of football far surpasses that of the coaching staff, especially Phillips. Maybe you should make a call to Nash and have him appoint you as DC for the rest of the season and then since you are obviously all about the whole team, you can make sure you change the Eagle's Coaching staffs mindset about being only about one kid! Because it is clear and I am sure that the EH coaching staff is obviously only out to make one kid look good as opposed to winning games! That is their purpose every game! That was their thinking olast year too...It had to be!

Eaglelombardi...I mean Eagleheart, do us all a favor (and yourself) and stop posting. You make the county look bad and you clearly aren't making yourself look any wiser. Go back to your madden game or fantasy football and coach those teams. Leave the real coaching to coaches who understand the game of football.

if i was a betting man old strongside sounds like an asst. coach that followed jones over the cliff and still cant land a coaching job any where . must be because of his great back ground of 1 and 19. or hes in it for the money and the school he works at is broke. its ok though east soccer will win without you.

Any rational person who has read this thread so far will now begin to understand why East Hickman Football, at least in the near future, will not enjoy long term success in their program.

It will not be because of players, it will not be because of coaching, and it will not be because of the lack of first rate facilities and equipment......... until there is a shift in the cultural dynamic of the community.......... the adults will continue to sit around and point the fingers at certain players, the coaches (regardless of who they may be) and anywhere else they can lay blame and perpetuate their "victim stance", loser mentality.

The community has been fortunate to have good coaches that are good men from day one. The program has made improvements every year. This season they have attained about the number of wins that a reasonable person would expect looking at the schedule at the beginning of the year. They are becoming more competitive.

I know that the average John Q. Fan is upset about losing the Hickman County superbowl, but coming on here and attacking a young man who plays for the team and the coaching staff does more long term damage than missed blocks, tackles, turnovers or any perceived coaching error.

If you want long term success, it will take more than just the players learning how to play better,or the coaches coach better.......... the community needs to learn how to be a supportive community that breeds a winning mentality and role models it for their kids. You want the program to be better..............become a better supporter, don't tear down what the coaches and players worked hard to achieve each week

So many people are quick to jump on the coaches and players.......... I wonder why nobody ever got on here and complained about why only and handful of parents made sure their kids got to workouts this summer??? Surely games are won and lost in the offseason just as easily as on Friday nights........ If you want to win you got to prepare all year......... some of the coach and player bashers should look into the mirror and ask themselves if they are doing the "right" things to help East be successful.

Or continue down the current path and experience continued coaching turn over, players who won't buy into the system because mommy and daddy thinks the coaches are "morons" and many losing seasons......

great advise ! you should of used this in your own house matt and , the way you held your family togethere was a great life lesson for all your old players.

Pretty low class on your part primetyme, but not unusual or unexpected considering its source........ a quality example of what the community has to offer! I am sure that Coach Jones is too busy preparing for his next opponent and excited about the opportunity to coach in the playoffs once more ^_^

Strongside should be ashamed of himself spending the Dickson county taxpayers money sitting on here defending a psycho. Strongside stabbed East Hickman in the back pretty good too.. he was the last of Mansons children to go, pulled a rotten move,hope you feel good about that,.what a jerk.

if i was a betting man old strongside sounds like an asst. coach that followed jones over the cliff and still cant land a coaching job any where . must be because of his great back ground of 1 and 19. or hes in it for the money and the school he works at is broke. its ok though east soccer will win without you.

Good for you putting two and two together! I wasn't trying to hide my identity like some folks choose to do on here. I do wish East Soccer the best of luck and I am sure they will win without me. They have some good kids and those kids know that I think that of them. I do know that whoever you are obviously don't know me and have something against me for some strange reason. Why you have something against me is beyond my knowledge, but to clear up the air I am still coaching football despite my experiences as a coach at East Hickman and Coach Jones and I never went off a cliff, it was more like we chose to leave (or jump off the cliff!).

Like stated.... east never had a chance, I proved my point. its funny to watch all the east people making excuses, you guys never had a coach worth a flip, and dont have any players worth a flip. your quarterback is a joke, your line is a joke, funny how i ran all over you guys.,couldnt stop it could ya..thats how you do the stanky leg......... good bye east. I win.

East is now getting ready to go to Giles County no need for further discussion. We will see Mr. Davis in baseball season provided he is not in jail or kicked out of school by then. Coach B, I hated to see you go but wish you the best of luck, im sure the kids miss you. As far as opinions on the game, we are all entitled to our opinion, I have mine , but want to keep it to myself. Im not the Coach, he will have to live with his decisions. #22 is the man,he "IS AND WILL BE" by far our best player, nobody can take that from him. He may not be the "Coaches pet" but he has the best attitude on the team and will do anything asked of him. its unfortunate he does not get utulized like he should be, but he is a winner he does not let it bother him, he is a winner for life.

Totally agree my son just a freshmen says he leads by example very quite and always keeps positive, no matter what. I wander how many yards he would've had if would of stayed at C-ville. We are very lucky to have him. Any stats on how many tackles he has? Also heard he was the team MVP last year, looks like he is headed in same direction this year as well. Does he ever get a break during the game?

If all our kids were like #22 it would be a perfect world ....lol I honestly dont know what the deal is with #22 not getting the ball very much? The Q back runs the ball 85% of the time and ......well, I dont want to go there because somebody might get offended. But anybody watching the game sees it. I tried to keep up with his stats in the newspaper, but they are way out of line, One game he had at least 12 tackles and whoever keeps stats gave him 1 tackle,they also gave the Q back his ( #22 )rushing yards, so I hope any scouts looking at that will at least go to a game. There is definetly something up with all that. Time will tell the tale.

Credit is given where credit is due,credit for the loss is on our Coaches hands. When you do good.praise is given.when you screw up...accountability is also something you must face. I like our coaches,I dont hate them, they just screwed up..it happens.the program is still growing by leaps and bounds, but they cost the game, I am still numb as to why in the world would you give a team that is building momentum, the ball on downs on East 18 yard line. Listening to the radio ,the game commentators were also baffled. I understand the frustration, I also share it. Keep your heads up East, #22 your the man...........keep doing what you do ( even if they dont give you the ball) You know whats up......

I agree with the bold highlighted portions of your statement................ However does credit and accountability only come into the discussion when it is related to the criticisim of the coaches (constructive or otherwise) or does it extend to all of those that impact the success of the team? What about the accountability of parents to make sure that their children attend workouts,practices,etc? Aren't the players accountable for making sure that they are making the grade and being well-disciplined in class?

A few have come on here bashing a young man and singing the praises of another..........both are fine young men with great work ethics and assets to their team.

Point being, I can't fathom how difficult it must be for a coach to prepare a team for a season with marginal player participation in off-season workouts, players who miss valuable practice time to attend after school detention because they are not getting the job done in the classroom, or players that show up to practice or a game without their equipment........

Sounds like the coaches have their work cut out for them and are doing a pretty good job given the obstacles and distractions that they have to overcome in addition to game prep and management.

Maybe the community/parents need to step up and support the coaches and players and make sure that everyone is doing what is best for the TEAM, instead of tearing it apart by sniping at the coaches :roflol: