2 NW

3 HC

4 Kenwood

5 Springfield

6 CHS

7 West Creek

8 DCHS

9 Rossview

This is how I see it shaking out. NE will be the team to beat with a ton of returning talent. With Andre Brown's emergence and a couple transfers, NW will build on last years mediocre season. HC will lose Sims (his decision)and have already lost the big white kid inside to a football injury. I think Kenwood will make huge strides in coach stigall's 2nd year/ D.D. Smith's sr. year to climb out the cellar. Springfield and WC will be a 1 man show most likely. DC and Rossview are BAAAAAAD! CHS is a ? for me. They have the nice soph pg coming back but who else? Is Baggett back? Just havent seen em much. Thoughts?

1 NE

2 NW

3 HC

4 Kenwood

5 Springfield

6 CHS

7 West Creek

8 DCHS

9 Rossview

This is how I see it shaking out. NE will be the team to beat with a ton of returning talent. With Andre Brown's emergence and a couple transfers, NW will build on last years mediocre season. HC will lose Sims (his decision)and have already lost the big white kid inside to a football injury. I think Kenwood will make huge strides in coach stigall's 2nd year/ D.D. Smith's sr. year to climb out the cellar. Springfield and WC will be a 1 man show most likely. DC and Rossview are BAAAAAAD! CHS is a ? for me. They have the nice soph pg coming back but who else? Is Baggett back? Just havent seen em much. Thoughts?

Funny Eaglepride00 because you are the only one who has confirmed that Simms is not playing. I did know that news reached all the way out there to Clarksville. The Simms kid is playing and there is no way Northwest will be competing for the district title. They are still 2 or 3 years away from being good.

So, before we get on here with "news" about other teams lets make sure we have our facts right. Should be fun this year.

1 NE

2 NW

3 HC

4 Kenwood

5 Springfield

6 CHS

7 West Creek

8 DCHS

9 Rossview

The kid for Henry County that broke his leg was a guard, not a post. And somehow, through the miracle of modern medicine, there's actually talk of him trying to play in the 2nd half of the season.

Primetime, this isn't msn, cnn, espn, or any other "news" website. It is a high school sports message board. I don't take anything anyone says on here as news or facts. I didnt say "this just in" or "breaking news." It is a bunch of sports fans expressing OPINIONS. In my OPINION, the Simms kid will not play. If my kid had major college football scholarship offers, he wouldnt risk an acl, or ankle injury playing hoops. If he plays, obviously he will help he is a tremendous athlete. I wish Shonte the best of luck. But you, sir, can get over yourself.

Professor, thanks for the correction. that is definetly good news. I guess I got some bad info. I heard that it was one of the big guys and that he snapped the tibia and fibula bones in his lower leg. Which would likely end a career, not to mention a season. Good for him. Hope he heels well.

I did see West Creek and Kenwood play at NW's playday and both looked pretty good. Should be interesting this year.

Primetime, this isn't msn, cnn, espn, or any other "news" website. It is a high school sports message board. I don't take anything anyone says on here as news or facts. I didnt say "this just in" or "breaking news." It is a bunch of sports fans expressing OPINIONS. In my OPINION, the Simms kid will not play. If my kid had major college football scholarship offers, he wouldnt risk an acl, or ankle injury playing hoops. If he plays, obviously he will help he is a tremendous athlete. I wish Shonte the best of luck. But you, sir, can get over yourself.

Despite the rumors to the contrary, he does not have any major college football scholarship offers. He's an excellent player, and I think UT-Martin should be all over him, but the coaches themselves will tell you he isn't getting the offers that have been rumored. Because of this, I'd expect him to play basketball this year.

:lol: Most great athletes play multiple sports. Check out the top division 1 recruits in skill positions and you'll see that's true. Today the big time programs want their recruits to play more than 1 sport. It really helps them to become so much more of a well rounded athlete. :?: Greg Paulis, Tim Tebow, etc.

I couldn't agree with you more and most schools know this. Maryville has had great success in both as do most of the schools in memphis. He is a smart kid and knows this as well. Not only will it help make him more well-rounded, he loves the game and knows he is only in highschool once. And Eaglepride I do agree with you that this kid is truly a special talent on the basketball court, he will make many waves across the state this year. But anyways, since this topic is not even in question, I will move on....

I look forward to another great year in 10AAA and would actually like to see us send two teams to murfreesboro this year. I can't wait. I look for Northeast, Henry, and Springfield to all be powers this year and of course someone will emerge as a sleeper as the year progresses. Not quite sure who that will be yet. I don't know much about WEst Creek other than rumors. Kenwood and NOrthwest will have the horses but not sure which if either will get it all together. (But could happen) I hear Clarksville got in a transfer, but once again not sure if that has any salt to it. I think Dickson is on the rise with some younger kids but not sure if they will reach their peak this year, still may be a year away. I don't expect Rossview to be very strong, it wouldn't surprise me if they finish at the bottom...

Just a few thoughts on what should be an exciting year.....

Professor, thanks for the correction. that is definetly good news. I guess I got some bad info. I heard that it was one of the big guys and that he snapped the tibia and fibula bones in his lower leg. Which would likely end a career, not to mention a season. Good for him. Hope he heels well.

I did see West Creek and Kenwood play at NW's playday and both looked pretty good. Should be interesting this year.

Eaglepride00 sorry if I caught you on an off day or the wrong time of the month. I was simply just correcting you, (common theme here) much like the Professor, that Simms will be playing basketball and I do agree with the posts following yours that a good athlete will play no matter what he does in high school. If we are throwing names out there Sam Bradford played as many sports as he could in high school. Granite Simms is not a Bradford type prospect, but he is a heck of a ball player.

Much like the professor I think he could go bigger for basketball. Bottom of the line he will be playing and don't worry your Eagles are still the favorite to take this district. Should be interesting to see how this district shakes up. Take care buddy.

Eaglepride00 sorry if I caught you on an off day or the wrong time of the month. I was simply just correcting you, (common theme here) much like the Professor, that Simms will be playing basketball and I do agree with the posts following yours that a good athlete will play no matter what he does in high school. If we are throwing names out there Sam Bradford played as many sports as he could in high school. Granite Simms is not a Bradford type prospect, but he is a heck of a ball player.

Much like the professor I think he could go bigger for basketball. Bottom of the line he will be playing and don't worry your Eagles are still the favorite to take this district. Should be interesting to see how this district shakes up. Take care buddy.