District 10AAA Rank em!

CoachK34

I think all of you HC fans have been sipping a little too much of Grandpa's cough medicine. They have no shot at competing for a title. As I have said many times on here, I am a west tn transplant living in mid tn. The road to a AAA title has been and will continue to run through memphis, period! Do you really think HC can stay within 20 of White Station, Ridgeway, Melrose, or even Germantown? No way. They aren't even close. We saw what happened when NE ran into Joe Jackson and co. last year. Two words...BLOW OUT! It is a different animal down there. HC is a pretty good basketball team. They will be in the top 3 in the district but a title contender? C'mon man. Let's be real.

Joe Jackson is the real deal and one of the best players in the state. Now that said... I don't guess we watched the same game between white station and northeast. The game I watched had northeast leading in the third quarter and then getting beat late by what I remember being right around 10 points. I guess we can all define the term blowout differently, but getting beat by 10 to the eventual state champs, a lot of which came off free throws late in the game, to me sir is no blowout! That was after they defeated the "#1 ranked" team in the state out of east tn. I have always believed that rankings don't mean much, but at the same time I don't think you're giving northeast enough credit, just my opinion.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Northeast was a good team last year. I did not intend to slight them. Coach Cooper does a good job. I have actually had the pleasure of coaching a few NE guys in AAU and they are great kids. But I definetly do not think the Bearden should have been ranked as the best team in the state. They were talented but not well coached. I also felt that Cooper almost over coached vs. Bearden. In trying to match Bearden's size, he had his best offensive post player, Brown, out on the perimeter the whole first qtr. playing the 3 spot. In the 2nd qtr, he started posting more and NE really got it going. And maybe I was mistaken about the final score. But I felt it was obvious that White Station was toying with them until it was time to put them away. I wasn't saying NE was bad. i am saying those teams from Memphis are HUGE and rediculously talented.

Northeast was a good team last year. I did not intend to slight them. Coach Cooper does a good job. I have actually had the pleasure of coaching a few NE guys in AAU and they are great kids. But I definetly do not think the Bearden should have been ranked as the best team in the state. They were talented but not well coached. I also felt that Cooper almost over coached vs. Bearden. In trying to match Bearden's size, he had his best offensive post player, Brown, out on the perimeter the whole first qtr. playing the 3 spot. In the 2nd qtr, he started posting more and NE really got it going. And maybe I was mistaken about the final score. But I felt it was obvious that White Station was toying with them until it was time to put them away. I wasn't saying NE was bad. i am saying those teams from Memphis are HUGE and rediculously talented.

I can't argue with you on the fact that they always seem to be loaded. You are right about that!!

• 2 weeks later...

According to the box score, it seemed to be a very exciting game. Stanton is a beast! It also appears as though Deedee Smith is distributing the ball a bit more this year, with Collins and co. helping shoulder the scoring load. The few games I saw last year, Smith had to do it all himself for them to have a chance to be in the game. Looks like Coach Stigall has developed some of the young guys to help him out.

According to the box score, it seemed to be a very exciting game. Stanton is a beast! It also appears as though Deedee Smith is distributing the ball a bit more this year, with Collins and co. helping shoulder the scoring load. The few games I saw last year, Smith had to do it all himself for them to have a chance to be in the game. Looks like Coach Stigall has developed some of the young guys to help him out.

Thank you for your insight. I haven't been able to see Kenwood play yet, however I have gotten to see Springfield play. It sounds like Kenwood may be a little better than expected. NM

Cory is a great young man. We were able to talk to him the other night, and he is such a positive person to be around. He said that kenwood is very talented, and the Jackets just did not hit the big shots in the end. I look for the Jackets to improve in the next few weeks. I believe they play Northwest on Friday. What type of team does Northwest have this year. How many football players are on the team? I think 3-4 players were on the football team for the Jackets. Could be a fun game!

Agreed. Corey is a great young man. Very polite. Very considerate. A great competitor, but quick to acknowledge the other team's efforts quickly afterwards.

Can't say enough about what a sharp, intellegent and polite leader he is.

Kenwood is MUCH improved over the last few years.

Game of the week: Springfield/NW. IMO this is the battle of two teams carving out their respective spots in the top 4/5 teams in the district. Could be a pivotal game.

Also, don't forget HC goes TO Northeast Friday--although with HC not completely healthy--NE wins by double digits.