Brighton @ Hardin County

utfan2

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HC will win the this game because of there defense. There defense has given up only 3 touchdowns all year and the rest have been on special teams. Expect this game to be huge for the tigers it is there homecoming and they are looking to lock up the district title. Also expect a huge crowd for the Tigers. Hardin Co. rolls 32-13

One game at a time. Next week is well next week. Lets not get ahead of ourselves. The Tigers are getting attention and working on getting respect. They have clearly been more physical than anyone in their district. They overmatched and punished a good 2A Adamsville bunch whose fans just thought they could hit until last week. The Tigers will focus on Brighton and use power football to get it done. Might be getting time to open up the air attack to prepare for the playoffs.

For starters, Adamsville is a 2A school and they shouldn't be able to play with a 5A school! I don't believe saying Hardin will win and saying look out for next week is getting much ahead. I plan on watching either this game or the Shelbyville/Tullahoma game this week. I feel for sure that with these two games being so far south they will be overlooked since these teams are not in the Nashville area. The next two weeks will be tough for Hardin County and if they take care of business and win both they will be for real! Time will only tell. I know that Hardin County's strength is its defense, what is Brightons strongpoint?

Actually it will be tough road for Hardin County from here on out. Need to win out the regular season district games to secure home field in the first round. The first game might not matter with Lawrence County. It could come down to the second. No a 2A shouldnt be able to play with a 5A but some folks thought they would. Doesnt matter game over.

Havent got any info on Brightons strengths but believe they like to throw the ball. The old wide receiver screen killed us last year. Least that was better than the "dreaded fullback dive" at East. I dont see their line and linebacking core dominating this game. They have not dominated any quality opponents. Got beat by Munford which is having a horrible time adjusting to the new coaching system. They beat a subpar Covington team 14-7. Edged out Bartlett by a few points.

Thanks ftbllfn for the post and reply. You seem to follow Hardin County and know about this team pretty well. I am kind of on the outside looking in and the record they have deserves respect. I have read very little on this team except hearing they play and hit hard and have a great defense that runs to the ball. As I stated earlier the news never gets that far south so I have to get any info off CoachT. What does this team have on offense and what defense do they run? They must have some atheletes but of course I don't hear specifics so maybe your could post on here what is really making this team click?

Hardin County's opponents have an overall record of 22-30 and they have played only two teams in their own classification. The breakdown is as follows: HC vs. 2A teams that are 10-12...HC vs. 4A teams that are7-7...HC vs. 5A teams that are 5-11. I am not saying that Hardin County is not good but their schedule is pathetic. They lose in the first round of the playoffs every year it seems and that is why (you have to go back to 2003 to find a first round win). If they play a good team in the first round this year they will lose again. I will not be surprised to see them lose one of the next three weeks and possibly more than one. If they win them all, then my response would be that Brighton, Lawrence County, and Northside are not very good. I am not anti-Hardin County but I wouldn't get too worked up about them until they play a REAL team and BEAT them.

You have a good point red warrior, but its hard to go play real good teams when you are located away from everyone. Who wants to travel 2-3 hours to play a memphis team each week? We already have to travel to Tipton County once a year and thats over 2 hours. But its alright we were suppose to get beat every other week because of our weak schedule but we came out and shut there mouths.

You have a good point red warrior, but its hard to go play real good teams when you are located away from everyone. Who wants to travel 2-3 hours to play a memphis team each week? We already have to travel to Tipton County once a year and thats over 2 hours. But its alright we were suppose to get beat every other week because of our weak schedule but we came out and shut there mouths.

The RedWarrior is correct...and I do see your point as well "utfan2"...however it may not be as hard as you think. Did you know Memphis Fairley went to Franklin last week? Do you honestly think Franklin will return the favor next year? Fairley likewise will return to Franklin next year...care to guess why? Yep...$$$! UTFAN, the community that I live in faces the same problem as our Savannah friends...big stadium, wonderful atmosphere, strong tradition, yet..nearly impossible to fill a 10 game schedule of quality teams! Our administration has ..over the years..chosen to pay teams to come play us..(listen) EVEN IF IT MEANT RISKING A LOSS. It simply makes sense especially given this new format.

Sadly, like RedWarrior stated...for years we've wanted to drink the Tiger Kool-aid! They just keep breaking our hearts. I..unfortunately..will say that there will only be ONE game against Lawrence County. They will not meet in the playoffs. It simply will NOT happen. In the West, you will probably have these teams; HC, HC, Northside, Ridgeway, Craigmont, Melrose, Mitchell, and maybe Munford or the last 5A team out of district 10. Given those teams...Melrose and Mitchell will probably be the best 2 teams in the bracket..followed by Henry Co. then Ridgeway & Hardin Co. There WILL BE a Memphis team that wins a 1st Round game on the road...it can happen and it WILL happen! The question is, who will win it and where will they win it! So...the very idea that the there will be a rematch between Lawrence Co. and Hardin Co. is laughable.

However, this game between Hardin Co. and Brighton is very intriguing! This is a game that has become a very good and competative rivalry since Brighton joined Region 7-AAAA in 2005..as the series remains tied 2-2 over the last 4 years! Although, Brighton won last year but seem to struggle playing in Savannah. This seems to be one of the most interesting games this week across Tennessee. Come Tigers...show the rest of the state something!!