1A Playoff Quads- 10/14

mofototo50

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah I understand that, but how about if they ended up with the 2 seed. They would avoid SP until the quarters and get the Huntland v Whitwell winner in round 2.

How the heck you gonna get a 2 seed with a likely 4-6 record? :thumb::roflol:

If I understand it 1 place teams are seeded first, 2 place teams are seeded second, teams in top half of their region are seeded 3, and teams picked as wild cards are 4th.

With this South Pitt would be 1.

Eagleville/Huntland/MTCS would be 2 and 3 because they will finish in top half of region.

The rest are wild cards.

If I understand it 1 place teams are seeded first, 2 place teams are seeded second, teams in top half of their region are seeded 3, and teams picked as wild cards are 4th.

With this South Pitt would be 1.

Eagleville/Huntland/MTCS would be 2 and 3 because they will finish in top half of region.

The rest are wild cards.

I think you would have to agree Cascade and Forrest are heavy favorites to finish 1-2 in our District. That puts you guys getting in by finishing in top half. Considering a likely 4-6 record there is no way you get a first round bye. As I said, hope for a 3 or 6 seed to avoid the 1 seed until the quarterfinal.

If you go by grouping teams by location, using TSSAA's map, there are 6 teams located West of Huntingdon that would be in the playoffs today.

I am not saying seeded 1, 2, 3... I am saying they are given first choice, then second choice, then third choice...

The only team finishing 1st or 2nd in their region in Quad 2 would be South Pitt. They would get the 1st seed.

Then you pick teams that finish in the upper half of their district. MTCS or Huntland. Maybe Gordonsville. Those would get the next seeds 2,3,4...

Not saying that would, but Lookout Valley, Whitwell are Wild Cards and would be given the last seeds. Thats the new system if I am understanding correctly.

what would end up happening if mahs got in would be one of the wild cards in west tn being left out. They may have a system but they are not stupid and they hold the wildcard teams fate in their hands.

Here is what I understand they will do: They will take a map and:

First plot all the teams that finish first or second in their district.(7-8 teams)

Second plot the teams that finish inthe upper half in their class.(10ish teams)

Third using the wildcard spreadsheet on the TSSAA site they will plt the wildcards.(6-7teams)

Only after they have 24 teams on the map will they break it down into quads. When they draw a vertical line in the east they will have 6 teams in a quad. Then so on till the western most 6 will comprise the 4th quad. AFTER that they will seed each quad by the criteria in the handbook:

Once the 24 teams have been selected in the Class 1A and 2A playoffs, the teams will be geographically grouped

into four six-team quadrants. In Class 3A, 4A, 5A, and 6A, the teams will be geographically grouped into four

eight-team quadrants. This grouping will be done without regard to region alignments.

The teams within each quadrant are placed in the bracket so that teams from the same district will not play each

other in the first round. The only exception would be when 5 or more teams from the same district qualify for the

play-offs and all 5 teams are in the same geographic quadrant.

After teams from the same district have been separated, placements are then arranged with priorities given to

automatic qualifiers. Teams finishing 1st in their district will receive highest priority. Teams finishing 2nd in their

district will receive second priority. Teams not finishing 1st or 2nd in their district but finishing in the top half of their

subdivision will be given third priority, followed by wild card qualifiers.

Thats what I understand too.

RedGrange: The WildCard has a system as well. It is not in their hands. It is on the TSSAA website. Right now all those West TN teams are in. Like it or not, Huntingdon is the farthest team East for those teams, hence the 3rd Quad. These are just predictions, but it is very possible it could happen, you might want to get used to the idea now, so you aren't mad when it happens.

Yours would be as follows:

Quad 1:

1. Knoxville Grace(1)

2. Harriman(Upper Half)

3. Sunbright(Wild Card)

4. Monterey(Upper Half)

5. Copper Basin(Wild Card)

6. Cloudland(Upper Half)

Quad 2:

1. South Pittsburgh(1)

2. Lookout Valley(Wild Card)

3. Whitwell(Wild Card)

4. Gordonsville(Wild Card)

5. Huntland(Upper Half)

6. MTCS (And MTCS just beat Huntland 28-0)

Quad 3:

1. JoByrns(1)

2. Wayne Co.(1)

3. Huntingdon(1)

4. Collinwood(2)

5. Perry Co.(Wild Card)

6. Clarksville Academy(Wild Card)

Quad 4:

1. West Carroll(Upper Half)

2. Union City(1)

3. Gleason(Upper Half)

4. Lake Co.(Wild Card)

5. South Fulton(Upper Half)

6. MAHS(2)

Wild card teams will be seeded below any team getting in via an automatic qualifier. Your quad 4 seeding can't happen as those two teams are in the same district.