1A Playoff Quads- 10/14

mofototo50

Looks like most things are settled in terms of auto-qualifiers but there are a few important games left to be played.

In District 4: Sunbright is 2-2 with Oneida and Wartburg left to play; Coalfied is 2-3 with Oakdale left to play. Coalfied defeated Sunbright earlier in the year.

In District 7/8: Gordonsville is 3-3 with games vs. Clay County and Pickett County; Monterey is 3-4 with a game left with FC; Clay County is 3-4 with a game left vs. Gordonsville. Top two teams get automatic bids.

In District 9: MTC is 3-2; Huntland and Eagleville are 2-2 and play each other Friday night. Playoff bid is on the line. If Eagleville wins it sets up a big game for Week 10.

In District 10: McEwen is 202 with 2 games remaining; Clarksville Academy is 2-3 with Jo Byrns remaining. McEwen needs to beat Nashville Christian to qualify.

In District 11/12: Wayne County and Perry County have showdown for the top spot. Collinwood is close behind with games versus Cornersville and Wayne County. Should be an interesting finish. Top two teams get in but my guess is that the third wheel has a great shot at a wildcard.

In District 13: West Carrol and Gleason are tied at 1-3. Gleason has a game vs. Dresden remaining and West Carroll has a game vs Hollow Rock remaining. West Carroll owns the head-to-head tie breaker.

In District 14: Lake County has to beat Union City to make this race dicey.

Who are your picks in these games?

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

who will sp play and will they play in pittsburg for the first 2 rounds

good luck pirates

I wish someone with some knowledge of how this new playoff format works would take some time after tonight and workout a mock 1st & 2nd round schedule. Which Quads will play and which teams would matchup. I have somewhat of an Idea about some of it but I would like to see more.

Yours would be as follows:

Quad 1:

1. Knoxville Grace(1)

2. Harriman(Upper Half)

3. Sunbright(Wild Card)

4. Monterey(Upper Half)

5. Copper Basin(Wild Card)

6. Cloudland(Upper Half)

Quad 2:

1. South Pittsburgh(1)

2. Lookout Valley(Wild Card)

3. Whitwell(Wild Card)

4. Gordonsville(Wild Card)

5. Huntland(Upper Half)

6. MTCS (And MTCS just beat Huntland 28-0)

Quad 3:

1. JoByrns(1)

2. Wayne Co.(1)

3. Huntingdon(1)

4. Collinwood(2)

5. Perry Co.(Wild Card)

6. Clarksville Academy(Wild Card)

Quad 4:

1. West Carroll(Upper Half)

2. Union City(1)

3. Gleason(Upper Half)

4. Lake Co.(Wild Card)

5. South Fulton(Upper Half)

6. MAHS(2)

gordonsville not wild card , they won the 1a section of their league.

nobody knows anything until the tssaa lets everyone know on the morning of the 31st. if you guessed the quads correctly then you would be a ringer to pick all the powerball numbers. in other words the tssaa seems to be very mysterious on this matter. up until last year there was no doubt about where you was going round one. i will be up early on that morning, thats for sure. it will all unfold in about a week.

nobody knows anything until the tssaa lets everyone know on the morning of the 31st. if you guessed the quads correctly then you would be a ringer to pick all the powerball numbers. in other words the tssaa seems to be very mysterious on this matter. up until last year there was no doubt about where you was going round one. i will be up early on that morning, thats for sure. it will all unfold in about a week.

Thanks for an answer (kind of). I was just wondering if everyone would basically be playing the same teams that they usually play for the playoffs or would there be somewhat of a change?

Here's a look at how the bracket should look. A few things to remember:

* In the first round, two teams from the same district can not play one another. What this means is that a 3 seed may have to play the 4 or 5 seed rather than the 6 seed in round 1.

* In round 2, the #1 seed will play the lowest remaining seed. If you look at the bracket below, you'll see that it's drawn to look as if the #1 seed plays the winner of the 4/5 match up. The reason is because I'm assuming the 3 seed will beat the 6 and the 4 will beat the 5. In this case, the lowest remaining seed would be a 4 seed. If the 6 seed were to beat the 3 seed in round 1 then the #1 seed would play the 6 seed in round 2.

* The higher seed is ALWAYS the home team. In the semifinals, there's a possibility that two teams with the same seed (i.e. two #1 seeds) could play one another. In this case, the "Top" team would be the home team in odd numbered years (this year) and the "Bottom team would be the home team in even numbered years (next year). So if you look at the bracket below...if you're a #1 seed in quadrant 1 & 3 ("Top" teams) this year then you have home field advantage throughout the playoffs.

Any questions?

Bracket.jpg

Here's a look at how the bracket should look. A few things to remember:

* In the first round, two teams from the same district can not play one another. What this means is that a 3 seed may have to play the 4 or 5 seed rather than the 6 seed in round 1.

* In round 2, the #1 seed will play the lowest remaining seed. If you look at the bracket below, you'll see that it's drawn to look as if the #1 seed plays the winner of the 4/5 match up. The reason is because I'm assuming the 3 seed will beat the 6 and the 4 will beat the 5. In this case, the lowest remaining seed would be a 4 seed. If the 6 seed were to beat the 3 seed in round 1 then the #1 seed would play the 6 seed in round 2.

* The higher seed is ALWAYS the home team. In the semifinals, there's a possibility that two teams with the same seed (i.e. two #1 seeds) could play one another. In this case, the "Top" team would be the home team in odd numbered years (this year) and the "Bottom team would be the home team in even numbered years (next year). So if you look at the bracket below...if you're a #1 seed in quadrant 1 & 3 ("Top" teams) this year then you have home field advantage throughout the playoffs.

Any questions?

Bracket.jpg

That's the bracket format I've came up with for A & AA. :angry: but not sure how they'll detemin #1 & #2. would they just calle'm bye teams? and seed 3,4,5 & wildcard.?

That's the bracket format I've came up with for A & AA. :angry: but not sure how they'll detemin #1 & #2. would they just calle'm bye teams? and seed 3,4,5 & wildcard.?

What's going on 3? Yeah as far as the 1 & 2 seeds, best I can tell is that they'll use the tiebreaker scenarios. Take a look at the TSSAA wildcard rankings to see how the teams would rank (be seeded).

1A wildcard rankings: http://www.tssaa.org/footballplayoffs/wildcard.cfm?class=1A

2A wildcard rankings: http://www.tssaa.org/footballplayoffs/wildcard.cfm?class=2A

Here is what I came up with after tonights games. There are of course games next week that will impact and change these. A couple of Quad's I seeded based on Wild Card Standing when teams were in who were both District winners. This is my best attempt.

17 Automatic Qualifiers:

Q1- Knoxville Grace (1st)

Q2- South Pittsburgh (1st)

Q3- JoByrns (1st)

Q3- Wayne County (1st)

Q4- Huntingdon (1st)

Q4- Union City (1st)

Q1- Harriman (2nd)

Q3- Perry County (2nd)

Q4- West Carroll (UH)

Q4- South Fulton (UH)

Q2- Gordonsville (UH)

Q2- Clay County (UH)

Q2- MTCS (UH)

Q1- Cloudland (UH)

Q1- Coalfield (UH)

Q3- Eagleville (UH)

Q3- McEwen (UH)

7 Wild Cards:

Q2- Lookout Valley

Q4- Gleason

Q1- Sunbright

Q4- Lake County

Q3- Collinwood

Q1- Copper Basin

Q2- Whitwell

Seeding:

Quad 1-

1. Knoxville Grace

2. Harriman

3. Cloudland

4. Coalfield

5. Copper Basin (Would be 6, Coalfield/Sunbright cannot play in 1st round)

6. Sunbright

Quad 2-

1. South Pittsburgh

2. Gordonsville

3. Clay County

4. MTCS

5. Lookout Valley

6. Whitwell

Quad 3-

1. Jo Byrns

2. Wayne County

3. Perry County

4. Eagleville

5. Collinwood (Would be 6 seed, but Perry County/Collinwood cannot play in 1st round)

6. McEwen

Quad 4-

1. Huntingdon

2. Union City

3. West Carroll

4. South Fulton

5. Gleason

6. Lake County

This was my best attempt. This year is still very confusing, hopefully nothing will get too dicey when the brackets come out. :roflol: