Lewis hosts Giles....Be Nice

likearock

Well...congratulations to Lewis County for (apparently) affecting the passing game. This really showed me something. Is it possible that having to adjust to the talent and passing of bigger schools just might be beneficial to Lewis County come playoff time? Who'd of thunk it? :roflol:

The previous poster mentioned the rain, but I didn't realize it was raining that much in Hohenwald.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think lewis co. did anything to slow the bobcats down.the weather did help out much.turnovers hurt the cats plus the weather this past week I don't think the cats got to practice outside any.hats off to lewis co.for the goose egg they put up on the scoreboard.but if they think they did something by holding the bobcats to 22 points kudos to them.

I don't think lewis co. did anything to slow the bobcats down.the weather did help out much.turnovers hurt the cats plus the weather this past week I don't think the cats got to practice outside any.hats off to lewis co.for the goose egg they put up on the scoreboard.but if they think they did something by holding the bobcats to 22 points kudos to them.

First of all...I wasn't there, so I don't know exactly what happened. Sometimes, scores can be misleading. Having gotten that out of the way... I think that it is somewhat impressive that this particular LC squad was able to hold GC to 22. This team is probably the "least experienced" team that LC has fielded in quite some time. And from what I've read on this board, this is one of the best GC teams there have been. Maybe even championship caliber. Again, just going by what I've read. So, with those two things in mind, I do believe that is something of which to be proud.

I'm sure GC had the athletes and the game plan to thwart the wing-T attack of Lewis County...even with LC probably trying to pass about a half-dozen times or so, which is really airing it out by their standards. This is the reason for the goose egg on LC's side.

Giles County won the game. There is no need to make excuses for a win and it is poor sportsmanship to belittle an out-manned team that put forth a valiant effort and stood their ground against a much better team.

Whew. Just rescued from the gail force winds and blowing mist in Lewis County. LC's stadium and field was very nice before the game. The field looks like a mud bog race track now, lol.

Kudos to Lewis County for their game plan and effort. You LC fans jumping on these boys back need to take a hike. LC coaches had an excellent game plan. Shorten the game. They added a few wrinkles and had success moving the ball the 1st half. The wind was varying 5 to 15 mph and a heavy mist was heading sideways across the field. You take away a couple of penalties and LC scores 6, maybe 12 in the 1st half. But again as I keep stressing the point. Everybody yack's away about Giles offense when its the defense that refuses to yield points. Giles coaches made half time adjustments and LC was done on offense in the 2nd half. Giles starting defense has given up 11 points in the last 22 quarters of play. 4 shutouts so far this season. :roflol:

Now to offense. No way with LC's defensive scheme combined with the wind, cold, mud, and mist was they going to allow Giles passing game to get cranked up. Heck. The officials couldn't even stand up much less Giles receivers getting off the line. From the 30 yard line under the umbrella it was hard sometimes to see the game. Giles could run at will and did. #33 inflicted the pain tonight. #22 added the icing. #12 ran the show. Giles did have I believe 4 fumbles tonight which is very unusual for them. Pick your poison and LC decided to give up the run to shorten the game. Good plan by the LC coaches. JV was in during the 4th so all you score complainers can take a week off. :thumb:

LC will not lose another 3a regular season match up. Book it. :wacko:

Not making excuses I just don't think lewis co did anything special to slow down the bobcats.the bobcats passing game was off tonight and the bobcats turned to the running game which took more clock than the passing game would have.plus the two turn over which probably should have been two more touchdowns.how can you call Giles co championship caliber they have never won a championship.right now they are a pretty good team having a pretty good year.every team that makes the playoffs is championship caliber.playoffs roll around you can throw records out the window cause anything can happen.

First of all...I wasn't there, so I don't know exactly what happened. Sometimes, scores can be misleading. Having gotten that out of the way... I think that it is somewhat impressive that this particular LC squad was able to hold GC to 22. This team is probably the "least experienced" team that LC has fielded in quite some time. And from what I've read on this board, this is one of the best GC teams there have been. Maybe even championship caliber. Again, just going by what I've read. So, with those two things in mind, I do believe that is something of which to be proud.

I'm sure GC had the athletes and the game plan to thwart the wing-T attack of Lewis County...even with LC probably trying to pass about a half-dozen times or so, which is really airing it out by their standards. This is the reason for the goose egg on LC's side.

Giles County won the game. There is no need to make excuses for a win and it is poor sportsmanship to belittle an out-manned team that put forth a valiant effort and stood their ground against a much better team.

Good Post...glad to see credit given to Lewis. FYI...Lewis opened up the passing game.........they did throw "3" times......once on a fake punt.......no completions.

I drove 2 hours to watch this game, I have a friend who's son plays for Lewis. The weather was nasty the first half....misty rain with wind......5 to 10 mile and hour. I think credit has to be given to the Lewis corners and secondary...they covered.....alot of times man to man like fly paper. I seen the QB look at them, but his experience show, instead of trying to force it he kept it and run. He did have some that should have been caught..some drops. I looked at the Tenn. and it had him at 2-8 passing for 29 yds. Lewis seemed to be determined to not give up the big quick plays deep, which they did well. They had to pick their poison, stop the pass or the run.......they did one well, but the run killed them. It wasn't raining the second half, it had quit. Depth the second half did start to show on Lewis the tackles wasn't as sure and solid as was in the first. Lewis actually should have been Leading at Half time, but once they got down inside the 15, or even the 10.......the flags got them and pushed them back on one occasion.....the pass was intercepted which killed them. Giles is a good, deep and balanced team. They did what good teams do...found what worked (run) and stayed with it. Depth did get Lewis...as it has this year in so many games. The offense of Lewis was.......ummm Lewis. The players for Lewis as stated over and over on many many boards played hard till the end. Lewis county fans should be proud of the effort the players gave, not only this game but all season. I was disappointed in the turn out for Lewis last night.....especially Senior night and playing one of the premier teams in Tenn. Giles is a very well balanced team. Reading some previous post about Giles not being able to play 4 quarters much this year.....they got to tonight. The qb was in the 4th as was rb. Again I salute both teams. Lewis......be proud only one time this year has Giles been held to less points.....16 by Page. I just hope the offense somehow someway can get it together. FYI......I read in the Tennessean stats for other QB in the area and quite a few had good nights and passing yds. So I would say.......give some credit to Lewis county D for making Giles become more one dimensional.....run, which good teams can do. I know they other QB in the area are not better than the QB for Giles......so just give the credit to the D. It was worth taking comp. time to see this game...Great game......Giles you won it...but give credit to Lewis for playing hard and tough also. Good luck to Both teams the rest of the season. Think you both have a few surprises still left in you. To my friend thanks for the hospitality.....going to get some sleep, have in work in a few hours. Also tell your son to keep his head up as well as all the players.......the played hard and gave it their best. :roflol:

Congrads to Giles. I know you Lost Lewis but one great effort..I know effort don't count for much when you lose.....but you did put it all out there. A big :roflolk: Ups to the Lewis corner.......You shut down one awesome receiver......3rd in total yds listed in the Tennessean and 1st in yds. per catch avg. of 27.0.....I think thats right......31 for 837 yds. Number 25 great hustle. Play like this the rest of the season.....and could surprise quite a few teams in the playoffs. You played the best and gave it your best...do that every game from here on out and you will surprise many others. Giles.......take it all the way......awesome balance, a couple of great backs. District 12 still might have some surprises for the rest in the playoffs.

Lets see if we can have a run at a football only thread, I know we can do it!

I don't believe Giles Co. has been able to work outside any this week. Thank goodness for the inside turf. I always liked to see them work at full speed outside but they shouldn't have any adverse affects from playing on a wet field or in the rain. A dry field now may be something that can give us some trouble, don't think we have played or practiced on one since mid summer dry.gif

hey this is a question to giles co fans....is bo wallace a senior this year and if so does anyone know where he will sign at and whats been the best place that has offered him anything.... i had heard ole miss had been scouting him :wacko:

Bo is a senior this year. I'm not sure where he will end up signing but the best place that has offered him is UT Martin, they are the only school that has offered him so far. I doubt Ole Miss will offer him but you never know. I just don't see him going to the SEC.