Gordonsville vs Clay Co.

pasttiger

[

as far as using Smith Co.'s field.........as best as I can figure....The Big Blue DOES use SC's field every home game. THE OWLS have owned it for over 10 years now. :roflol::roflol:

On the serious side, I may have to ease over and check it out. Good luck Tigers.

only in your own little mind's have you owned a thing on this side of the river, if this makes SC feel better .. go for it .. ease on over, you're always welcome .. so's the rest of the pack .. I'll see you there .. :roflol:

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

just found out the game got moved gordonsville is pretty imprisive from what ive heard this year would like to think clay could play with them but after the jackson game i dont know whats up with them after reading the post on here everyone sees this as a blowout if clay could just get back too what they did at monterey and play team ball they might be ok i know some of you say monterey had injurys that night but everyone of there players played only one had something that had him at less than 100% clay just out played them they had a great schem and turned it on in the second half but for this week i say gordonsville will stay on there path to south pitt good luck to both teams

[

as far as using Smith Co.'s field.........as best as I can figure....The Big Blue DOES use SC's field every home game. THE OWLS have owned it for over 10 years now. :roflol::roflolk:

On the serious side, I may have to ease over and check it out. Good luck Tigers.

only in your own little mind's have you owned a thing on this side of the river, if this makes SC feel better .. go for it .. ease on over, you're always welcome .. so's the rest of the pack .. I'll see you there .. :roflol:

Your right BB...they ain't much over ther we would want anyways. :lol: "This side of the river"?? G-ville don't go all the way to the river, dear. There is So. Carthage, Elmwood, C. Mound, Rock City and Rome.

"If it makes SC feel better'?? I can't answer for everybody else, but it shore makes me feel good!!

Be careful........I think Clay Co. is Black and Gold too....

I think we're going to play the game at Carthage's field. They haven't been using it, and it'll save our field. :D:D

Well, well, well. Croz, pasttiger, and Blubellz (dear).......Will somebody ask Paul Wade or Cheesecake what moving this game going to cost the tax payers?? I pay MY wheel tax money is for the games to be played on Friday nights. We'll see what the school board has to say about this. People are starting to ask questions, right Cheesy? :lol:

Moving the game??? Not Gordonsville. Ya'll play in mud and rain the way it's supposed to be played. Field conditions don't matter. At least that's the way it was a few weeks ago, right??

AND, as far as using Smith Co.'s field.........as best as I can figure....The Big Blue DOES use SC's field every home game. THE OWLS have OWNED it for over 10 years now. :roflol::D

what good would it do to move the game across town. chances are if it raining in gordonsville the same is happening in carthage. better to play on our field in a flood instead of in a hole. maybe tc can squeeze out some tax money from somewhere and get the owls some fake turf. it would cost taxpayers less in the long run to maintain. shoot, we could even vote to add 5$ more to the wheel tax and get us some also. that would be taxpayer money well at work taking care of the real issues at hand. seriously though, good luck to the tigers.

[

as far as using Smith Co.'s field.........as best as I can figure....The Big Blue DOES use SC's field every home game. THE OWLS have owned it for over 10 years now. :D:roflol:

only in your own little mind's have you owned a thing on this side of the river, if this makes SC feel better .. go for it .. ease on over, you're always welcome .. so's the rest of the pack .. I'll see you there .. :D

Your right BB...they ain't much over ther we would want anyways. :lol: "This side of the river"?? G-ville don't go all the way to the river, dear. There is So. Carthage, Elmwood, C. Mound, Rock City and Rome.

"If it makes SC feel better'?? I can't answer for everybody else, but it shore makes me feel good!!

Be careful........I think Clay Co. is Black and Gold too.... vandy also black and gold.

Grunt, I think you are one smart fellow. I think Croz is passionate for sure, and sometimes when you are emotional like that, you don't really think through what you are saying. To us, it may sound innocent enough, but to teen-aged boys, it sounds critical. It also sounds very judgmental and critical to mommas too. It is fine that you follow the big blue and go to all their games, but let's try to remember that some of these starters are freshmen and there is a big difference in playing in junior high and high school. These boys are not as seasoned as the others. They may be more talented, but lack the actual game experience. So, your expectations may be a little too high right now for their play.

Everyone that gets on here needs to read everything in context.

In the preseason, I talked on here about hoping we would get challenged in the scrimmages because the teams we were playing wasn't really challenging us, and some people had a fit. They thought I was downing the team. I wanted that to make the team better. A team won't get better unless they're are challenged. I expect the learning curve with the freshmen, and some of them have done quite well. Coen, for example, played the best game he has played all year the other night against Watertown. The things I have said on here, I didn't mean to include the Freshmen. I give them the benefit of the doubt. There is a lot of them that has definitely played more than when I did when I was a freshman. Anyway, it is some of the upperclassmen that I think need to step it up. Some are going out there and giving it all they got, some, not so much. It happens to a lot of teams, but like I said before, I think this team can step it up and make some noise in the playoffs.

i agree with that.

just found out the game got moved gordonsville is pretty imprisive from what ive heard this year would like to think clay could play with them but after the jackson game i dont know whats up with them after reading the post on here everyone sees this as a blowout if clay could just get back too what they did at monterey and play team ball they might be ok i know some of you say monterey had injurys that night but everyone of there players played only one had something that had him at less than 100% clay just out played them they had a great schem and turned it on in the second half but for this week i say gordonsville will stay on there path to south pitt good luck to both teams
dont expect clay co. to be able to play with us on this fine night. but if we were supposed to win them all there would be no need to line it up and play. good luck. tiger win in a big way, feels like 28 to 35 this year.

woodmore will have a big one tonight. our lines will dominate on both sides. special teams will be special once again. as far as the top 10 looks in 1a this year , gordonsville has got no 1a respect so far in the rankings. most of the meat was sent to 2a. i see 3 even 4 teams who look tough the rest need not come this way in november.