Gordonsville vs Clay Co.

pasttiger

everyone got to play tonight, good experience for the future. what a difference a year makes. what did you think about it croz.

It seemed that they came out ready to play ball tonight.

I expected more from a few players, but sometimes it's hard to look good against bad teams. Some may play down to their level a little bit. I was glad to see Storm back on the field playing. The freshmen looked good. It did get a little confusing on the end when they were swapping out 5 kids every play. I would think that they would let them play a couple or three plays in a row to get a little continuity.

Coach Marshall agknowledged the fact that they need to play four quarters in the paper. I think if they do that they'll be tough. I'm also not sure why they came out in the spread tonight. It is a nice little wrinkle to have in the package, but I don't know why they ran it as much as they did. Maybe, they done to work on it in some live action.

Tonight was basically what was expected and next week should be very similar. However, I'm looking forward to seeing Cross in action again for Pickett.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not sure it was a true spread because they never seemed to want to make the pass the primary weapon out of it. I think it was just a wrinkle they were trying to try to get a little more running room by spreading everyone out a little more.

I liked the intensity that they came out of the locker room with. Never really gave CC a chance to get anything going. The one drive that CC had when they were down by 2 TDs and were not able to score I believe took all the steam out of them and from there it wasn't a question of if Gville would win but by how much.

I'm not sure it was a true spread because they never seemed to want to make the pass the primary weapon out of it. I think it was just a wrinkle they were trying to try to get a little more running room by spreading everyone out a little more.

I liked the intensity that they came out of the locker room with. Never really gave CC a chance to get anything going. The one drive that CC had when they were down by 2 TDs and were not able to score I believe took all the steam out of them and from there it wasn't a question of if Gville would win but by how much.

I think they need to run the trap more. :?::roflol:

I think they need to run the trap more. :?::roflol:

To run it effectively they need to learn it while they're young, don't they.

I think they need to run the trap more. :thumb::thumb:

To run it effectively they need to learn it while they're young, don't they.

You are absolutely right.