OOLTEWAH AT CLEVELAND

BigHairyOwl

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1st and goal at the 3, now 3rd and goal at the 8. Timeout, Cleveland sounds a little disorganized.

Parks is probably averaging 8 yards a carry and they throw 4 straight incompletions inside the 10. Stopped on downs. Dropped pass at the 10 in the first half, missed field goal, 1st and goal at the 3, you can't get an upset without taking advantage of such opportunities.

McMinn's versatile offensive attack may be very effective against Ooltewah, if Cleveland can move it on the Owls that easily.

especially with the Athens refs.

1st and goal at the 3, now 3rd and goal at the 8. Timeout, Cleveland sounds a little disorganized.

Parks is probably averaging 8 yards a carry and they throw 4 straight incompletions inside the 10. Stopped on downs. Dropped pass at the 10 in the first half, missed field goal, 1st and goal at the 3, you can't get an upset without taking advantage of such opportunities.

McMinn's versatile offensive attack may be very effective against Ooltewah, if Cleveland can move it on the Owls that easily.

especially with the Athens refs.

Already making excuses? :thumb:

I just don't get having Reed and Green in there, ahead 28-7 with 2:00 left. Same as last week, it has nothing to do with running up the score, on a wet field there's no sense in risking injury.

Owls' QB fumbles and Cleveland has moved to the 50 but it's way too late.

Final, 28-7. Totally unbiased here-Ooltewah sounded very unimpressive. Of four scores, one was a fumble return and one was after taking over the Raider 4. Cleveland continued to move the ball in the second half though not nearly as well as in the first.

I just don't get having Reed and Green in there, ahead 28-7 with 2:00 left. Same as last week, it has nothing to do with running up the score, on a wet field there's no sense in risking injury.

Owls' QB fumbles and Cleveland has moved to the 50 but it's way too late.

How many yards offense does Cleveland have?

Cleveland played well tonight, looked really good. Couldn't punch the ball in inside the red zone. The bad punt, and the fumble really hurt, other than that we moved the ball fairly easy. Some bad play calls in the red zone hurt, but all in all Coach Slaughter had a heck of a game plan. Cleveland will upset somebody in the playoffs.

I will say it til I'm blue in the face.....IF OWLS DO NOT TURN IT OVER,NOBODY SCORES!!! :popcorneater: Cleveland came to play in the first half.,.and that was as bad of a half of football,I've seen Ooltewah play(from either side of the ball),this year...TERRIBLE!!!,but 2nd half owls woke up.I think Manning at qb right before the half sparked the owls big-time,he had some good runs and the crowd seem to get into it more.One problem though:when Monroe called that one pass play,Greene got frustrated stepped through the sideline row of players and threw his helmet down,pitched a fit.No coaches saw it,but that kinda thing gets old.Anyway,owls defense is still awesome.....had alittle trouble,tonight here and there.Offense was sluggish,but give it to Monroe and owl staff,made adjustments,moved some people around and got a good win.Score should've been worse,but cleveland came to play.There were some mcminn coaches there,I hope owls bring it next friday. Good game 9-0 let's go owls!!!! Ooltewah didnt show much on offense(but we never do),I got a feeling Mcminn will see some surprises.

I will say it til I'm blue in the face.....IF OWLS DO NOT TURN IT OVER,NOBODY SCORES!!!

If Cleveland doesn't drop the first down catch at the 10 and commit illegal procedure with first and goal at the 3, things could have gone a lot different. Those were unforced mistakes after moving down the field. I don't see McMinn hurting themselves like that next week. Plus you had the negative punt to the Cleveland 4 and the fumble return for a TD, basically giving Ooltewah 14 points.